Maggie's art

Collete looks incredibly cute Maggie. Nice work! I love it so much.

Thanks guys! :smiley:

I think Colette is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters from Ratatouille, and in my opinion she’s very easy to draw…
These are some sketches I made of her. They’re some kind of “face study”.
EDIT, August 17th, 2007: Finally, I’ve got a scanner, and I’m replacing all the images I’ve shown so far. These are the better resolution ones: :wink:

Link

And this one is a work I made for art class. I don’t know how to translate it (it is about the “manchas”, Portuguese for “spots” :confused: ), but I think it’s about the shading and lighting of a picture. We had to use only black and white gouaches, and I haven’t finished it yet.
Yeah, I know Colette looks really weird… ;-p

Oh my gosh Maggie! I really like your first sketches. You’re definately getting better at drawing her.

Nice work! :wink:

The one you’re doing for art class looks amazing. It’s awesome! :smiley:

Colette is

the Queen of Cool! :sunglasses:

Thanks,

sharpie! :wink:

And you are so right. When I first knew she was the “don’t mess with me”

kind of girl, I knew she would be one of my favorite Pixar characters (besides Linguini, of course! ;-p )

Nice practice

sketches there Maggie; they look very much like Collette, and with practice, especially on the eyes, she’ll look

even more like her! That black and white picture looks really great as well- very striking. :smiley:

Wow

– your art class picture is quite intriguing and eye-catching; it pops out at you. The practice sketches are

also very nice. I especially like the fourth one.

You’re getting better and better at this,

Maggie! Keep up the good work. :wink:

Collete looks absolutely

adorable! I have to admit that she kinda looks like Violet all grown up. At least, that is what I thought it was

when I first saw it.

You’re Collette

drawing is very well done. :smiley:

Your drawings of Collette

look so real!!! :smiley: Nice work Maggie!!! :wink:

Thanks for all the nice compliments! I’m specially proud of those Colette drawings. :wink:

Yeah, I know, it’s the eyes, isn’t it? :laughing:

I’ve been working a lot lately! :laughing:

A while ago, I said I was going to draw Violet, but I just made this one
yesterday! :laughing: Well, better late than never! :wink: I was thinking about what was
TSS going to say about it while I was sketching her! :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT, August 17th, 2007: Finally, I’ve got a scanner, and I’m replacing all the images I’ve shown so far. These are the better resolution ones: :wink:

Link
But I’m not very satisfied with it yet… :unamused: Well, it was my first attempt to draw her!

And here are some Linguini “face studies”:

Link
How can you resist to his smile? <3

And, to finish, here’s the finished art class thingie of Colette:

While I’m gonna be officially in vacations (I still have the
exams), I’m gonna make the same thing, but with black, white, light grey and dark grey gouaches.

Maggie- Violet looks really sweet! It’s nice to see her with a

smile on her face ahd her hair behind her ears. I think perhaps the shape of her face needs just a little more

definition, but all in all, you’ve done a very good job with her!

Linguini also looks very good,

especially his expressions- they’re very emotive- but I think you need to accentuate some of his characteristics

a little more, rather than making his face so rounded. His eyes look great, though, and you seem to capture just

the right mouth shape every time!

And finally, your black and white Collette. I have no critique for this-

it looks absolutely amazing as it is; very striking! :smiley:

Thanks for the critic,

lizardgirl! :smiley:
And to everyone else out there: feel free to critic my work. I

want to know what’s good and what can be improved. :wink:

Awesome Maggie!!! :smiley: Those look really really good!!! :slight_smile:

Great work Maggie!!! :wink:

YOU CAN’T!

;-D

You’re art project is stunning! :smiley:

Maggie - Heheh – not bad! Your Linguini sketches are all very

charming, and Colette is looking especially impressive. (snigger) :wink:

As for critiques, I suppose that

Linguini’s hair could be a little bit “poofier”. Other than that, I say,

“Keep up the good work!”. :wink:

Violet is just to cute for words! I love her

to death. It was a good drawing, but I will say you have room for improvement. Keep it up.

Thanks to everyone! :smiley:

Today, I’ve decided to draw Colette in her regular clothes. To the people who have already seen the movie, please consider the fact that I haven’t seen it yet, so I have no idea how she looks in her regular clothes! :laughing:

EDIT, August 17th, 2007: Finally, I’ve got a scanner, and I’m replacing all the images I’ve shown so far. This is the better resolution one: :wink:

Link

I know I should improved it a little bit more, but I actually like it. :slight_smile:

Wow, Collete looks really beautiful.

i love the work you put in to this. Nice job Maggie. I really love it. I have to say that it does look like

Violet in college or something.

In scenes where Colette is uncertain

or contemplating, she looks remarkably like Vi. There’s one frame that I want to place next to a frame of Vi

(during the cave scene). You’d swear they were sisters.

Maggie: Bah, you beat me too her. :wink:

Wonderfully done! Colette is my second favorite char.

Surprisingly, you got the clothes almost dead-on! Even the helmet is quite similar to the one Colette dones in the film.

Great work, Maggie! Nicely done. :wink: