Mitch's Compositions

It’s Marty! I’m probably one of those rare folks who actually loves the Madagascar films, including the character designs. Since I fail at drawing my favorite character, King Julian, I took a stab at Marty instead and was pleasantly surprised to find that he was a blast to draw! :smiley:

– Mitch

:astonished: I absolutely love your artwork, Mitch. You have advanced in leaps and bounds in your artistic skills! :smiley:

I have to say - I’m pretty much in love with Jester. Dang, I wish I could make up a character that cool! :laughing: I immediately picked up the correlation between him and the Joker when I saw him. :slight_smile:

And you’re not the only Madagascar fan… I am usually doubled over laughing whenever I watch that movie, and my favorite characters are definitely the penguins and King Julian. :stuck_out_tongue: Your renditions of Marty are so well-drawn. Your unique style always comes through in your artwork. :wink: Keep working at it - I’m always anxious to see what you’re going to draw next!!! :smiley:

little chef

red - Man, you guys are so sweet. Thank you very much for all of the nice compliments. I sincerely appreciate them. :wink: :smiley:

You too? :laughing:

Curse me for falling in love with my own character, but I can’t draw the Joker yet, sooo… (heh)

I’m glad I’m not the only Madagascar fan! The gags are quite humorous and, yep, the penguins and the lemurs are hilarious. (I watched the second installation of the film for King Julian alone.)

Thanks, again! :smiley:

– Mitch

Don’t apologize, I mean, I have a whole bunch of characters that I’ve made up that I just can’t get over because I think they’re so amazing (no pride here, haha). I hope you draw some more sketches of him - I love the way you draw rats, by the way. :wink:

little chef

red - Ha-ha. Really? Well, I’m glad that I’m not alone in this respect either. I’d love to see your creations. :wink:

Thanks, again!

– Mitch

Hey, they look great, Mitch! :smiley: Lady and the Tramp are so neat and look just like them! And Marty looks very well done.

bright dot-dasher - Thank you very much! :smiley:

– Mitch

Marty looks very nice, Mitch! You definitely captured his fun personality!

Hannahmation - Thanks a lot! He was difficult to draw, but I enjoyed the challenge. :wink:

– Mitch

You are very welcome, Mitch! And challenges are quite fun to tackle!

I drew this for my uncle. It was his birthday yesterday, which is quite fitting… as he loves to drink. He also loves golf, hence the subject matter. :wink:

Note/Edit: A screenshot from the Looney Tunes cartoon, My Bunny Lies Over the Sea, was used as a reference.

– Mitch

Very clever Mitch. I love it. Pretty nicely drawn, especially the setting. Keep it up.

Haha, that’s really cool Mitch! Great colouring with this one (his shoes look so shiny!) and I love the message underneath.

The Star Swordsman and lizardgirl - Thanks, guys! :smiley:

– Mitch

you are welcome mitch. What do you plan on posting up next?

The Star Swordsman - If all goes well, I’ll be posting up some life drawings next. I plan to go on an excursion to a local shopping district in my area next Monday so as I may sketch some children at a playground there. Artistically, drawing humans is not one of my strong points, but I may as well practice early.

– Mitch

That looks so neat, Mitch! :smiley:

Cool, Mitch! I like the pose you drew him in and your coloring is great! I bet your uncle loved it!

bright dot-dasher - Thanks! :smiley:

Hannahmation - Actually, I haven’t even given it to him yet. (I’m late like that when it comes to birthdays, unfortunately.) I’m sure he’ll like it, though! :wink: (snigger)

Thank you!

– Mitch

The Scarecrow - by My Sister:

My apologies for the double post, but I thought that you guys might like to see some of my sister’s sketches. She tends to go through occasional infatuations concerning various cartoon characters, and the Scarecrow from the Batman: The Animated Series television show is the latest on her list of favorites.

The first sketch is her depiction/interpretation of the Scarecrow as a fox, and the second is a close-up shot of the same character. (She used a reference for the latter of the two sketches.)

I’m sorry that the images are so freakin’ huge, by the way. I may size them down later.

– Mitch