Most overrated films of all time

I’ve never been a huge Star Wars fanatic, though I don’t think it’s overrated. I do like alot of sci-fi movies, but I’m more into the cyberpunk, dystopian or horror variety rather than the space opera type.

The Godfather

I don’t get why some people are saying things about Frozen plus The Lego Movie being overrated–if a lot of people seem to enjoy them so much they’ve become a success, that means they are good movies.

I don’t like it that some people are bashing good movies into thinking they don’t teach anything good. But they sure do complain too much these days.

Eh…I don’t know of any titles that would be overrated, personally.

My dad hated Frozen. I asked why, because I thought it was fantastic. He hates it because of the line in Fixer Upper, “People don’t really change”.

Sounds like your dad has some serious issues, IncredigirlVirginia. Seriously, I hate people like that.

Yeah he really enjoys a few Disney movies, and hates all the others for “moral reasons”.

Movies should not be judged critically for moral reasons, in my opinion. Usually, they’re just supposed to be for enjoyment and for entertainment.

I agree!

I’m just saying, it is generally not a good idea to bash such a good movie! (And I mean just for that one same thing, which many people with serious issues tend to get stuck on while complaining about it.)

I think movies that have really bad morals should be looked at. But at the same time, I don’t think you should use Hollywood films as “role models”. Plus, my dad projects bad morals onto Disney films that often are not there, or are not important to the story.

You do have a point there, IV. The morals are way different in those movies than what most people think. It’s like little tiny details that no one seems to actually pay attention to.

Your dad would hate me, because I also think “people don’t really change” 8D

He’s pretty judgmental about movies. He hates Beauty and the Beast because the beast as a human is “skinnier than Gaston”, so that makes the movie feminist in his view. He also hates Hercules, Tarzan, and Hunchback because they are bad adaptations. He hates Little Mermaid because she disobeys her father.

I’ve heard things about Frozen. People on IMDb have mixed reactions, some call it one of Disney’s best in recent years, others feel it’s overrated and forgettable with poorly-written songs. I don’t know, I think people tend to be dead picky about movies that become successful in today’s age. Is any movie really perfect?

Don’t listen to the people on IMDb–they just complain too much and that’s all they ever seem to do. (Come on! Just pay attention to the good lessons that movie has to offer, for crying out loud!)

Agreed, the users of imdb rarely have valuable input.

Well, everyone’s got the poorly written songs on their heads, so maybe that and “forgettable” are not the best terms.

I really like Frozen Heart, Do You Wanna Build a Snowman, and For the First Time in Forever. Other than thst, some of therm are pretty sloppy.

I still don’t get why some people on IMDb are saying that The Lego Movie is overrated. (Oh, come on!)

They’re entitled to their opinion, but some of them can just be so snobby as in “my opinion is superior to all”. I don’t understand why these reviews make it onto the “Best” section so often either. They’ll often abuse the rating system as well, does finding a movie overrated really justify giving it 1-star just to try and bring down the rating? I think 1-stars are best reserved for the worst movies of very poor quality (e.g the Bottom 100 list)

That said though, I really NEED to see The Lego Movie, I’ve heard such great things about it.