Music Videos

You know bright-dot-dahser, why don’t you try to make a Music video. it is really easy to do and fun as well.

Well do I need to have the DVD. A special DVD-ripping/video-editing program?
And a YouTube account? These are the things that stop me, unfortunately.

Well, you just need clips. You can rip them from a DVD or just download the video clips onto your desktop and use them. You will also need a something called Windows Movie Maker, at least, that is what I use. And yes you do need a youtube account. :unamused:

bright dot-dasher: You should download the AoA DVD ripper - that’s what I did. It says it only allows ten minutes at a time, but there’s a trick when you select multiple chapters. Unfortunately, the clips need to be checked, since it sometimes cuts them off at the wrong point. :stuck_out_tongue:

Unfortunately, I don’t think I have that…and even if I do, I don’t feel right getting a YouTube account.

I think there are other spots to put your videos on bbd!

Hmmm…May I ask: how do I get these programs? Will they need to be purchased or can they be downloaded from somewhere?

And how exactly do I make a music video? Will I have to own a soundtrack for the music?

Well, to answer the first couple of questions, you don’t have to purchase anything, All you have to do is download the software called AoA DVD Ripper.

And making a music video is really simple, but the process can be a little tedious and tiring. ALthough the finished product is definetely worth it. All you do is you bring up Windows Movie Maker. First, you put the song that you want to use on to it. Then, start dragging the clips you want to use on to it, then you cut, edit, expand, do all kinds of stuff that you wish to perfect your music video. After that, safe the entire project as a movie, and presto, you got it.

You can use something from a soundtrack CD, or something on your ipod, or what ever you want.

Making a music video sounds like something I want to do. As for the hard work, I think I can handle that. I usually create powerpoints and play music at the same time, but now I’m ready to move on to music video.
I’ll give it a try. It won’t harm my computer, will it?

Wait a sec…about the Windows Movie Maker, is it part of the AoA DVD ripper, or is it separate?

Making an music video will not harm your computer at all.

And yes, AoA DVD Ripper and Windows Movie Maker are two separate things.

I can’t wait to see what you’ve got. If you want any ideas, check out my profile for references and/or ideas.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/starswordsman[/url]

Just wondering, is there a way to get clips from a movie that I don’t have on DVD? If it only works on DVD, then no big deal, I can borrow some DVDs.

Will I have to download Windows Movie Maker as well, because I can’t seem to find it on my computer?

(sorry for the several questions, I’m just really anxious to make a music video and want to know about how it works, because this is the first time for me.)

…OK I just downloaded it, and read this liscence agreement that says I can use it for free for a limited time, and if I go past limited time I will have to pay a fee. If a music video takes a long time to make, will I only have enough time to create one music video before I have to pay for it?
Another thing I need is permission from copyright owner. How do I get that, since I don’t want to be seen as doing something illegal? :confused: :shake:

To answer your questions,

You don’t need to use a DVD to get clips. You can download them if you want then use windows movie maker.

And if you don’t have Windows Movie Maker, then I think you do have to download it.

And are you talking about AoA DVD Ripper with the last paragraph? Did you download AoA DVD Ripper? All I use is the trial version. Not the full one. The problem with the trial version is that I am only limited to rip up to 10 minutes of a DVD clip, but anyways, I didn’t have to pay anything and there is no limit on the trial version.

Thanks for the answers! Sorry to ask so many questions, I’m just a little anxious/concerned, because I know I have to be careful online.

If you ever need any help, all you gotta do is ask, and I would be more than happy to help.

I’m not supposed to be on here - like I said I was going to pay more attention to my art ‘skills’. :stuck_out_tongue: Well, I made this little quickie here last night after seeing WALL-E the other day.

Sorry for the clips that repeat and yes, spoilers in it for those who haven’t seen it - I used clips from the sneak preview clip and documentaries and such. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

EDIT: Re-upload due to small mistake. :stuck_out_tongue:

“Learn to Fly” ~ WALL-E

Oooh, really great video you got there FONY! It was the first WALLE music video I have ever seen, and I’ll tell ya that it was for sure a darn good one. Nice work.

Thanks TSS! :smiley:

Just dropping by here to post three Pixar-related music videos … Monsters Incorporated ones, to be exact. :wink:

“Break On Through”

“Iris”

“Getting Scared”

The first two are remade from crud quality ones, and the third is just an idea that simply wouldn’t leave my head, and I’m pleased with the result. :smiley:

Must also warn people that the last two are Randall-centric. :stuck_out_tongue: So, haters, begone! Your hateful comments will be deleted so dun’t bother. :stuck_out_tongue:

Really nicely done FONY. YMy favorites are Iris and Getting Scared. Excellent, excellent job. I love it.

This might only be me, but I love it when people give bad comments about my music videos. It sorta motivates me to do better Plus, I can look bad at those bad comments and show that the good ones outnumber them.

Thank you TSS! :smiley:

And, I don’t necessarily get bad comments - mostly spam, which is surprising since most of my videos are bad quality - you’d think people would comment and complain about it but they don’t. :stuck_out_tongue: Actually, some of my bad quality ones are the most watched. :open_mouth:

I just don’t want stupid Randall haters complaining about Randall when if it’s about Randall and they don’t like Randall, they shouldn’t be watching it to begin with. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, here’s a quickie I just made - kinda makes Sulley look like an idiot, but it’s all in good fun- I assure you. :laughing:

“I’d Like To Meet A Monster”

Ha ha ha, wow FONY! That was so funny and so creativly done! Got me laughing a bit. in fact, it made my day.