NEW! 'Circus Afro' - The Art of TDIT

Excellent job TDIT! Russell’s eyes look a bit strange and he’s not as rotund, but besides that, he looks really impressive! I really love how bright his badges are. As for remy, he looks a bit generic and his ears are a bit big, but he looks pretty good! I’m sure Mitch will love it! I didn’t realize you were so good at drawing! :wink:

Man, Mitch is going to be so happy to see all this artwork from fellow members wishing her a happy birthday! :smiley:

Anyway, I think that’s a quite creative little crossover. You’ve drawn them quite neatly (though the coloring could be a bit smoother). I like how Remy’s expression is. I think Russell needs to be a little rounder, though. Still, it looks remarkable! I like how you described it, too: No animal in the entire universe can resist chocolate…except Remy. Brilliant job! :smiley:

Thanks for the constructive criticism, ffdude906! I must admit, drawing eyes is not my forte (I draw them in the ‘dot-style’ Horrible Histories’ illustrator Martin Brown), and I must work on that. My trouble is with the irises, especially. :frowning: I also had difficulties getting Russell to look ‘chubby’ (my first draft actually depicted him as a thin adult, which was quite creepy :laughing:). I’m not quite sure how to get Remy to look ‘distinct’, if that’s what you meant. I guess I could shrink those ears a little… thanks for pointing out my flaws, though! :smiley:

The same goes for you, BDD! The colouring roughness can be attributed to either my scanner or my colour-correction in Photoshop (since the original scan looked too pale). If I showed you the artwork in real-life, it’s actually quite smooth. I’m good at ‘unamused’ expressions, but I think I need to widen my repertoire (I may try a character expression sheet down the road). Yes, I agree Russell needs to be fatter (or ‘big-boned’, as they say, heheh. :slight_smile:). Thank you for the bouquets and brickbats!

Anyone else care to comment? I prefer criticisms to compliments, though I don’t mind more praises! :wink:

Two of Mitch’s favourite characters- a perfect birthday present! I agree with the other criticisms, but I like how you’ve interpreted both Russell and Remy in your own style and how you’ve included a lot of detail, like with Russell’s badges. Remy could be a little blue-er, but aside from that the colouring is really good too, not too bright but enough to make the piece stand out. Great work! :smiley:

Thank you for your feedback, lizardgirl! :smiley: Yup, you could say I had an epiphany of some sorts when I was deciding what to draw for Mitch.

Actually, if you look closely, one of the badges is of a Smiley Face, and another is of the French flag! :wink:

Yeah, I shoulda added more blue to Remy’s fur. The original piece was actually coloured very lightly, but I tweaked the ‘curves’ in Photoshop to make it ‘richer’. Don’t know whether it emphasized the grainy texture (I use Canson ‘Medium Tooth’ paper) that BDD mentioned. But yes, every criticism is a call to improve, so thanks again for the comments! :slight_smile:

Man, it’s been months since I did a Pixar-related artpiece! :slight_smile: Anyway, below is my submission for the Toy Story 3 dA contest and the accompanying blurb, so yeah, love to hear your thoughts on my last-minute jam-job! :stuck_out_tongue:

"The name’s Pants. Pricklepants. Shh!

So I had this idea to do this as an artpiece initially after learning Mr Dalton was voicing the thespian hedgehog. But then I got kinda lazy and did an avatar [link] with Eve instead in time for the movie (There’s not many screenshots with Jessie’s back to the camera!). Then I thought, why not do a submission for Pixar Planet’s Toy Story 3 contest?

Needless to say, I left it to the last minute (as I usually do with things) and I whipped this up in 3 hours without breaks. It’s now two in the morning, and I’m wasted, but at least I got it on the deadline…

Oh, and to keep it family-friendly (or as Woody would say, because “there’s preschool toys present”), I substituted the guns from the original poster [link] with a finger-pistol and a script book. Yeeaaahhh… anyway I hope you like it. xD"

Deviantart Link

Oh wow 3 hours without breaks- that must’ve been exhausting! But it looks awesome. Interesting parody drawing. It’s a very creative spin. :smiley: It looks so neatly drawn and detailed and colored! The pose works for Jessie superbly. I don’t think I could give any critiques on this one. It’s really really impressive. The 3 hours were quite productive- the finished product looks worth it!

Thank you for the kudos, BDD!

The image below is not the first time I’ve drawn Wall-E and Eve (It’s the third, after ‘War of the Machines’ and a yet-to-be-released-artwork I’m colouring), but yeah, Wall-E = Not the Easiest Thing To Draw! :stuck_out_tongue:

"Okay, this might seem like the most far-out crossover ever, but I love these two films, and it’s meant to be a birthday present for someone who also likes these two films, so yeah… this is the best I can come up with in one hour. Come on, it’s a great study in contrasts… living vs non-living, old vs new, Pixar vs Dreamworks… no to mention it’d be an interesting scenario.

You know you want this to happen. :mrgreen: So please tell me that I’m a lazy-butt for not colouring it in.

Happy birthday little_chef/vindeamer!"

Deviantart Link

I really like your artwork thedriveintheater! Especially the one of Mr. Pricklepants and MacBeth!

Clever take on The Living Daylight poster thedriveintheater! I just love that Mr. Pricklepants is holding a copy of the Scottish play 8D

Ooh, an interesting, creative crossover again, TDIT! I like the idea, bringing together Dreamworks and Pixar characters, from really different time periods.
It’s cute and you did a great job drawing WALL-E. The only thing is, you’re right, I really think you should color it.
Keep up the fab work!

Wonderful stuff, TDIT! I like the picture you did for Mitch!

BWAAA… Two years this thread has been neglected! :cry:

EJE: Thank you! I admire that thespian hedgehog’s ambition!

love70ways: Haha, thanks! It’s one of the most complex Bond movies in terms of plot. And what a coincidence, me writing this reply to you one week away from the Singapore premiere of Pixar’s first Scottish-set movie!

BDD: Oh my gosh, it’s been so long since you’ve been here… thank you so much for your comments over the years. I don’t think I’ll be colouring it anytime soon with my work commitments and other fanwork ideas… but as I quoteth the Great and Powerful Justin Bieber: “Never say never!”

Modeltrainman: Thank you for the kind words! :slight_smile:

CIRCUS AFRO

Polka-dot, polka-dot, polka-dot, Afro!

Well, this is a birthday gift for a phenomenal Pixar Planet member, fabulous artist, and all-round awesome friend, Mitch!

Thanks for all your feedback on my works over the years, I really treasure your comments and honest critiques! I wish you great success in your future endeavours and may the Artistic Gods smile upon you. Hope you had a crackalackin’ birthday!

I needed an excuse to draw these characters anyway - I haven’t even watched The Lorax and Brave, yet I’m already drawing Once-Ler and Merida fanart!

L to R: Stefano, Merida, Once-Ler, Wall-E, Remy, Megamind, Rainbow Dash

Characters belong to their respective copyright-holders, I own only this fanart piece, yada yada yada.

Fun fact: The musical notes are actually of the correct length and in time to the Circus Afro lyric-beats. At least, I think they are, if I remember my piano theory correctly.

View it on deviantART!

Your artwork is so fun, TDIT! I could probably stand to mention some things among the lines of constructive critcism, but considering all things, I think that other members have already given you all the tips you need! I’m dually impressed with your TS3/Bond crossover and I love the Circus Afro pic! It’s so colorful! Haha… I love the way you drew Remy with the wig practically eating him 8D. Really and truly, I love this drawing even if my knowledge of The Lorax and Megamind are rather limited. Oh, and for some reason the Merida looks sort of like she was drawn in Dr. Seuss style; was that intentional since you added Once-ler? Either way, you did wonderfully on all of your drawings! I’d love to see more Pixar art from you before long!

What a perfect gift for her! Very nice of you!

I actually saw Madagascar 3 a while ago… that sea lion was my fave character! :smiley:

Aaaannddd… I return to this thread one year later! :unamused:

OWP: First off, don’t hesitate to give me constructive criticism, even if others have already said the same points that you’re thinking of. As long as you explain why you didn’t like the piece and what can be done to improve it, I’m fine with it!

Thank you for the compliments! I have to admit, I haven’t watched The Lorax and it’s been a while since I’ve seen Megamind (only once so far, at the cinema during its theatrical release).

As for Merida being drawn in Dr Seuss style, I’m afraid it wasn’t intentional. I was just real bad at drawing her side profile, haha (not saying Dr Seuss is the same!).

EJE: Haha, I use friends’ birthdays as a kick in my *ss to draw! It puts a deadline to stop procrastinating and I like to make peeps happy on their special day. Thanks.

JSWeC: Stefano’s earnestness really won me over. He reminded me a bit of Mater in a way, always seeing the best in people and hoping that his circus can be restored to its glory days (much like Mater and Sally felt for Radiator Springs).

When all problem-solving techniques fail, use brute force.

Alt title: Here today, scone tomorrow

This is a super-duper-belated-birthday pressie (a fortnight, that has to be a new record!) for one of my favourite artists on dA and a great forum member, little_chef_eva09! At first, the mystery of what to draw for her birthday appeared to be unsolvable.

But the solution to this difficult problem is really quite simple:

According to my crossover-obssessed brain, VinDeamer loves characters who:

• Are gingers
  • Have curly hair
  • Are klutzy and/or adorkable
  • Are cute, adorable kids

As evident from her gallery, she’s a massive fan of Ratatouille and the triplets from Brave. Her favourite pony from the Mane Six is Pinkie Pie and her sis is a fan of the Professor Layton series.

So by defective reasoning and Occam’s Lazer, I’ve come to the conclusion that Linguini is the skinny scoundrel who stole the scones!

I’m such a great detective.

Hope you had a great one, little_chef! :slight_smile:

View it in high-res on deviantART

Oh, this is just too great, TDIT! I’m quite happy to see your art again! :smiley: I love how terrified Linguini is taking that staredown from Pinkie Pie XD You really coined their expressions and they look awesome in your style! Your crossovers are so much fun! Keep it up!

Thanks for commenting, OWP! :slight_smile: As much as I love crossovers, I hope to try something new and more risque in the future. Maybe some original characters, as well as a fanfic I have in the works. :wink:

I might be drawing more ponies too, so expect to see more of Pinkie and her friends, haha.

TDIT: I’ve said this already on dA, but this is just pure AMAZING!

I’ve also done a gift art for little_chef. You can view it right here.