Nostalgia Critic Disneycember

Anyone here like Disney movies? Yes? Anyone here like the Nostalgia Critic? Yes? Good! Well then, I’m here to tell you that this mounth, the Nostalgia Critic a himself (Not the Critic) will be reviewing every animated Disney movie. Yes you heard me right, That is not a typo. I am not lying to get a good laugh over you guys, he will review every animated Disney movie except for couple. The reviews are about 5:00 minites long. So if you want to see his review on Snow White, or Cinderella, The Resculers, The Lion King, or Tangled. Watch his review when he puts them up. I’m looking forward to the Dinsey Renaissance films. Since their’s about 50 films he has a lot to upload. Hope you enjoy them.

thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … s/specials

Part 1 - Snow White, Pinocchio, Fantasia
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … ber-week-1
Part 2 - Dumbo, Bambi, Saludos Amigos
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … ber-part-2
Part 3 - The Three Caballeros, Make Mine Music, Fun and Fancy Free
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … ber-part-3
Part 4 - Melody Time, Ichabod and Mr. Toad, Cinderella
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … ber-part-4
Part 5- Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … ber-part-5
Part 6 - Sleeping Beauty, 101 Dalmatians, The Sword in the Stone
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … ber-part-6
Part 7- Jungle Book, The Aristocats, Robin Hood
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … ber-part-7
Part 8 - Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, The Rescuers, The Fox and the Hound
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … ber-part-8
Part 9 - The Black Cauldron, The Great Mouse Detective, Oliver and Company
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … ber-part-9
Part 10 - The Little Mermaid, The Rescuers Down Under, Beauty and the Beast
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … er-part-10
Part 11 - Aladdin, The Lion King, Pocahontas
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … er-part-11
Part 12 - The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … er-part-12
Part 13 - Tarzan, Fantasia 2000, The Emperor’s New Groove
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … er-part-13
Part 14 - Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Lilo and Stitch, Treasure Planet
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … er-part-14
Part 15 - Brother Bear, Home on the Range, Enchanted
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … er-part-15
Part 16 – The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Winnie the Pooh
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … er-part-16
By Popular Demand –Who Framed Roger Rabbit, A Goofy Movie, Dinosaur
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … lar-demand

Disneycember is back for round 2! This time Doug reviews Pixar films and the 3D Disney films. Wreck It Ralph isn’t therer yet, it may be at one point though.

Toy Story –
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … -toy-story
A Bug’s Life –
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … -bugs-life

Toy Story 2 –
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … oy-story-2
Monsters Inc –
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … nsters-inc
Finding Nemo –
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … nding-nemo
The Incredibles
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … ncredibles
Cars –
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … ember-cars
Ratatouille -
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … atatouille
Wall-E –
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … ber-wall-e
Up –
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … ycember-up

Toy Story 3 –
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … oy-story-3
Cars 2 –
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … ber-cars-2
Brave –
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … mber-brave
Chicken Little –
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … ken-little
Meet the Robinsons –
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … -robinsons
The Wild –
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … r-the-wild
Bolt –
thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol … ember-bolt

I love his Disneycember videos, and I usually agree with him. His criticisms on Tangled made absolutely no sense, :stuck_out_tongue: But for the most part he seems to have similar taste in Disney that I do. I love his reviews of Beauty and the Beast, Hunchback and Lion King the most.

I’m sorry to say I am not a very big fan of his reviews anymore. Why am I sorry? Because I actually kind of liked a lot of his first Disneycember. I have actually watched every single one. At first, I thought, “Wow, he actually makes some good points!”. His commentary on the Walt Disney era seemed pretty solid, and the Renaissance wasn’t bad, but otherwise, things became hit and miss so it seemed.

I am tuning in to his DreamWorks-uary, but I’m only watching each one once just so I know what he thinks of each one. Not all of his videos were stinkers. Some were actually close to mine which is probably why I’m upset that I’m not a bigger fan.

EDIT: I wrote a lot more on this, but I didn’t think it was worth my energy to put what I thought here. Short version: His first Disneycember: :confused: :astonished: sometimes good, maybe three or four were surprisingly good, sometimes they could have been better. Disneycember 2: :neutral_face: :imp: Annoyed me! Too many nitpicks on Pixar, which I think was overall a more perfectionist studio. Up was fair and the Toy Story ones were decent, but the rest weren’t that great. Both Cars reviews got on my last nerves the day I watched them, especially when the Chicken Little one was not even harsh…at all, really. Sorry fans, although I didn’t diss all of his videos. Just some, which is exactly like what he did. :slight_smile:

I really like NC. But I must say, his reviews of The Incredibles and Brave seemed whiny to me.

While I disagree with him on his Lion King, Incredibles, Cars, and Toy Story 3 it is his opinion. Cars 2 wasn’t suprising because a lot of people hated that and Brave wasn’t the movie everyone was looking forward too. I was surprised he was kinda hard on The Incredibles, I don’t see all the flows he does.

Anyone watching Dreamworks-uary?

I understand he has an opinion, and I’ve got mine. :wink: I guess the reason that I liked the first Disneycember a lot more was because it seemed a lot more like a showcase, a look-back of Disney’s legacy and less of a praise or hamper to each individual 2D film (although that’s what they were). There were a lot of films that I could see where he was coming from, particularly both Winnie the Pooh films, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and a few others. Even The Lion King I think makes sense, I just thought he overdid his annoyance with the songs he “hates”. Other times, I thought he missed the appreciation that could be found such as in two of my favorites, The Emperor’s New Groove and Lilo & Stitch, although he still found some of greatness of both of those films. Sure, that Disneycember was fine overall, and I didn’t disagree on too many of the films. I just thought he overdid the weak points of many of the films. Disneycember 2, on the other hand…oh, boy don’t get me started.

I thought the Up review was the only spot-on one (for me), and even then I wonder why didn’t he criticize that one for the dogs being able to talk, for example. It’s just as easy of a target as other criticisms he made to Monsters, Inc. and The Incredibles, for instance. That’s why his points don’t always make sense to me. Some stuff is okay, other stuff isn’t because that’s how he feels at the moment. o_0 His Toy Story reviews were almost spot-on, for me, just some minor bumps. I won’t be talking about the other ones, especially not the Cars movies. No matter how much critics can’t stand Lightning and Mater, I love them and evidently, so does most of the world, especially considering box office results - just saying.

Anyway, I think his best reviews are the ones where (for whatever reason) he chooses to be understanding to the different quirks and grooves of each film instead of just have a rant of how bad he may feel it is. I do think his Dreamworks-uary is a little bit better than Disneycember 2, but not as good as Disneycember 1. So if I can reason with or agree with someone, I participate in a conversation. If I can’t, I stay out of it so that I don’t become upset. I don’t enjoy all of his reviews, just like he didn’t enjoy all of the films, but I also think it’s fair to give him credit where it is due, which is what I hope I did here.

I, actually, agree with his TS3 and Lion King reviews almost exactly. But he is too critical some times. He has his opinion, but he rants A LOT. 8D

I kinda hate how he’s always ranting at Randy Newman and Phil Colins. Their not my favorite singers but their not terrible or anything.

It’s also funny to see the mistakes he makes like when he says Max’s friends are going to the consert in A Goofy Movie when their seeing it on TV.

Sometimes he sums up my thoughts on a movie perfectly… and other times I feel like he complains about things that aren’t really problems. It’s especially frustrating when you get the impression he misunderstood a plot point. Or that he’s going easier on some films rather than others. Doug’s a really nice guy, but I prefer it when he does positive reviews or frames his negative ones in the Nostalgia Critic character. When it’s just him complaining it can get a bit whiny (especially when he complains about things like Pixar not making more human characters). Then again, some of his complaints are very subjective (like not finding Billy Crystal funny in Monster’s Inc. or Eddie Murphy funny in Shrek). I also think he sometimes underestimates what kids will be able to follow or will find entertaining.

I liked Disneycember 1 quite a lot, I kind of skipped some of Disneycember 2. Dreamworksuary was okay, although I’m surprised at some of the movies he seems to like (Bee Movie???) considering how picky he is towards others. I do agree with him that the ‘liar revealed’ storyline is kind of boring, but it doesn’t ruin the movie for me like it does for him.

For the most part, I’m fine with Disneycember 1. I really can’t stand Disneycember 2 at all, but DreamWorks-uary is not all that bad to be honest; it’s actually pretty decent. I like the idea that he would review each film, I just think a good number were poorly thought-out and that he tends to pick favorites sometimes despite his “rules”, at least that’s what I learned from DreamWorks-uary.

Yeah, I agree. I wonder if it’s partially because he saw all the recent films as an adult rather than as a kid? And saw most of the earlier films when he was still a child? I mean, some of the things he’s complained about in the newer films are things that, when I was a kid, everybody loved.

Yeah, Phil Collins and Randy Newman are pretty cool. I never got his hate for them either.

And that’s exactly what I mean by whiny! He complains about things that are neutral, or necesary to the story. I think he just enjoys complaining :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote="IncredigirlVirginia":3namb16u]Yeah, Phil Collins and Randy Newman are pretty cool. I never got his hate for them either.

And that’s exactly what I mean by whiny! He complains about things that are neutral, or necesary to the story. I think he just enjoys complaining :P[/quote:3namb16u]

Agreed. I think that’s my only main complaint. Otherwise, I don’t mind his videos that have a positive nature inside of them. :P Just the ones that don’t. :-\

I can understand why he doesn’t like Phil Collins and Randy Newman*, but I think he lets his dislike colour the review too much, because they’re not a massive presence in their movies. I can understand being disapointed by the songs in a musical though.

I’m surprised he’s never really reviewed a Disney movie for the Nostalgia Critic. I suppose he didn’t dislike any of them enough to do so. His old rules about only reviewing movies released within a certain time frame probably would’ve let him get away with reviewing The Black Cauldron or something. The Nostalgia Chick’s reviewed some Disney movies- Mulan, Pocahontas, and Hercules, plus a couple of videos about Disney in general. She even said recently she wants to do an episode on the Hercules TV series because she used to really like it.

*Even though he’s admitted liking some of his songs in movies.

They try not to review a film that another member of Channel Awesome alreasy reviewed. He has already said he won’t review A Goofy movie. He may review one of the sequels at one point. I would love to see him tear about Home of the Range.

I’ll have to watch these, but I haven’t been to impressed by his reviews in general.

For some reason, even though he said he wouldn’t review A Goofy Movie, he still did anyway by popular demand. And he sure did tear apart Home on the Range which I wasn’t the least bit surprised about even though I enjoy the music and I don’t mind the story or some of the scenes all that much. The links to both reviews are on the first post of this thread.

Yeah, I mean some of them aren’t that bad and a few sound well-thought out, but I think he could do better in general or at least not complain so much.

^I know he has his fans, but I’m not one of them.

I think he kind of over-complains intentionally, for emphasis and comedy. Sometimes I like it, but in some cases, it just comes off as whining needlessly.