Pixar Comics

ohhh! where can I see those preview pages.

BTW what do you think about my cool little “Glory Days” Mr. Incredible animated avatar? It’s from the GBA game.

Here is a link to an article for the TI comic, plus all of the up-to-date preivew pages.

[url]http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=19629[/url]

PS: I love your avatar.

Has anoyone heard any new information about the upcoming Pixar Comics?

Pardon the triple post, but for all of those who are still hyped up about the Pixar comics, just a reminder that the first issue of The Incredibles: Family Maters will be released next week on Wed. March 25.

WOW that went fast :laughing:

woody: It seems like that huh? TO be honest, I was growing very impatient with every passing day. But still, a week away still seems pretty long.

I placed in my order just yesterday. I ordered the special package where I get all four issues of the Incredibles comic, every cover, signed by Mr. Waid, the author himself.

REALLY BIG NEWS EVERYONE!!!

I saw that the Pixar Planet blog already posted this, but I found out about it before hand.

Thanks to Comic Book Resources, they have provided us with an exclusive preview on the upcoming Incredibles comic

Click on the link to see for yourself. I already did. Oh boy did that get me more excited. After reading the preview pages, I have some thoughts to share.

Note, these aren’t spoilers of the whole thing, but they are observations and thoughts. You don’t have to read it. BUt I put spoiler tags around it just in case some of you want to be surprised.

[spoil]I love the covers, especially the first issue where you combine the five to make one big picture. THe last cover looks really mysterious and like a promo picture for the TI Comic.

The opening villain, Futurion looks to be a good start. He looks menacing and his plans to sorta out-futurize us seem diabolical. heck in the book, he threatens the humans that he will de-evolve them or something. Intresting how there is a distinguishable difference between human talking bubbles and the robot talking bubbles.

For those of you who saw the preview pages before these ones, you guessed that Futurion combines dino characteristics with the zool animals. Well, at least Dash seemed eager to jump into action.

I noticed that the Incredibles still call each other by their first name. With so many civilians around, you wonder if one might noticed.

I love how Violet complains assuming the role of baby-sitter (more like baby defender). SHe does got the force fields, so it makes sense to give her the responsibility to protect Jack-Jack. That doesn’t mean she can’t throw in some offense as well. In a page, she forms a force field, stoping an animal in its tracks. And just a few pages later, it is revealed that she could do so much more with her powers as she hurls a force field orb at Futurion, knocking him off of his feet.

Mark Waid has done a terrific job keeping the Incredibles in character. Not only that, but he stays true to the “mundane and fantastic” aspect of the Incredibles. After saving the Metroville Zoo, he tells his family that they were going to have a family meeting after this. Now we all know what they are like the more and more you have family meetings. Waid has definetely stayed true to that.

On page ten, we finally get a clue of what is going on with Bob. It seems that he is slowly losing his strength.

On page 13, I notice an error. At the end of the movie, Bob hurled a car at Syndrome’s manta jet which not only killed Syndrome, but sent the debris falling down on their house. As a result, the family had to move again. But if you look at their house in the comic book, won’t you guys say that it looks a little too similar? Now they got a tree in the front yard, added a second story, and windows are put along the side of the house, unlike their previous house which had high windows. The couchs look new, and after studying the interior a bit, the home-decorating items look new too. But the kitchen looks the same, the family room has got the shelves located behind Helen on page 13, frame number 2.

Bob is hilarious when he starts his speech. The kids look bored and Helen feels helpless.[/spoil]

Anyways, those are just my thoughts after viewing the preview pages. I can’t wait to read the first issue. Wednesday, the 25th of March can’t come soon enough.

Edited. I combined both of your posts. – Mitch

Gosh, I’ve been excited for Pixar Boom! since I first stumbled across an article for it a few months ago. I’m highly anticipating the Finding Nemo and WALL-E comics especially (because I’m an incredibly predictable person that way :stuck_out_tongue: )

I’m surprised no one has posted these yet, but the covers for the Finding Nemo covers have surfaced on dA.

mimi-na.deviantart.com/art/Findi … -116243475 (of the two, this one is my favorite. I love how everyone is stacked on Marlin…his chagrin is endlessly amusing to me)

solipherus.deviantart.com/art/Fi … -116247618 (Marlin and Dory creep me out on this one…but Nemo came out really cute!

I think I have seen covers like that on the Boom Studios Website. But thanks for posting it up.

I wanna know, where can you buy the Cars comics? I know the first one is out for sure and the second one should come out sometime this month. I gotta have them!!!

Check out your local comic book store. They should have them there. If not, you can order them online.

No comic book store out here in the middle of nowhere! I meant a website to buy them. I was searching online, but couldn’t find a website that said anything about buying them. Know a website where I could?

Try Boomstudios.com. Boom studios are the ones responsible for creating the comic.

I’m still awaiting my Incredibles comic in the mail >_>. I ordered it over a week ago.

Found it!! Now I gotta see if my mom will let me get it! :smiley:

It takes a while Bryko. Mine came in the mail two weeks after its release date.

May 1 was Free Comic Book Day! I hope the comic-book fans and young-at-heart among you had a great day!
Of interest to Pixar fans is one of the free issues given away; an excerpt from BOOM Studio’s new line of Cars comics!
I really wanted to get that one, and I actually visited two comic book stores in the city, but the first didn’t have it (despite being a major bookstore chain) and the second only had a few copies and sold out in the morning (I reached it in the afternoon).
I was sorely disappointed, but as I was walking out the store (my friends were eager to leave), I spotted a stack of the same comic for sale on one of the shelves! :smiley: I’ll probably return another day, but needless to say, I’m glad it’s not a one-off. Though I now have to pay for it. :angry:
At least I got an Owly and Contract comic as consolation.
Were any of you lucky enough to get a copy? :smiley:

Official website description

lol, yeah I figured i’d stop in too and see what the Cars one was all about, since it was free. I was a little disappointed that it was just an excerpt, but then I figured, why would the sell the whole thing if you could get it for free? It was pretty good. Obviously geared towards kids, but it wasnt terrible. Lightning’s arrogance was definitely played up, so much so, that to me he seemed like another Chick. So that exaggeration I didnt quite agree with, and some of the dialogue didnt seem exactly right, but it’s a kiddie comic, and I’m sure the kids will enjoy it. The artwork was pretty good too.

(Although the highlight of the whole thing was meeting a comic book artist and getting an autographed print of his Joker drawing…)

This is really random, but Bryko614 , where did you get your signature image from Up? I just love it! Its so cute!

Sorry to get off topic, I was just curious…

I can’t wait to get my hands on a Pixar comic! If I had the money I’d buy one right now!

If anyone wants to see one of the front covers of the Finding Nemo comic, look here-

Finding Nemo 1 - Cover A

There’s plenty more artwork from the comic on her account, so it might be worth spending some time and having a little look around.