Pixar Directors -- Who's Your Favorite?

Who’s Your Favorite Pixar Director?

• John Lasseter
  • Pete Doctor
  • Andrew Stanton
  • Brad Bird

0 voters

As the title inquires: Who’s your favorite of the feature film directors at Pixar Animation Studios?

I didn’t include any of the short films directors; just those who oversaw the main productions.

You may only pick one! Who’s it gonna be…? :wink:

– Mitch

My favorite is John Lasseter. :smiley:

Though Pete Doctor comes in at close second. :wink: I’d like to see him direct more of their films.

Wow! This is one hard decision. I’m going to have to think about this one…
Edit: I went with Pete Docter, although I love all of the director’s work so much, Pete Docter is the director who introduced me to the world of Pixar!

My favorite Pixar director is Andrew Stanton. John Lasseter is a close second, though.

Mr. Stanton all the way. WALL-E is my favorite. Nemo is second. Mr. Lasseter makes his way into my top 3 with Cars, but it’s tied with A Bug’s Life.

I’d have to say Stanton because I enjoyed WALL•E so much, but they’re all great in their own way.

Brad Bird, hands down. He not only directed The Incredibles, my favorite movie of all time, but also Ratatouille. Those two movies are my top two favorite Pixar movies of all time.

Pete Docter, not only because I like the films he has/is directing, but also because he seems like a pretty cool guy anyway. It was a really toss-up between him and Lasseter, since to me, Lasseter really epitomizes Pixar, and I also like Stanton, but I just had to go with Docter. I actually really dislike Brad Bird, though. I don’t know why- I’ve enjoyed both of the films that he has directed for Pixar- but there’s just something about him I really don’t like. :laughing:

Oh, same here! I think he just comes off to me as rather cocky. :laughing:

Tough decision, but I went with Lasseter. Like lizardgirl, Lasseter epitomizes Pixar for me. They are all brilliant though and Pixar wouldn’t be the same without them!

I like Brad Bird, but something about him intimidates me. I think it’s his confidence and demand for perfection that makes me think of how I’d measure up, or what sort of boss he would be if I worked for him. But I’m sure he’s very nice, though.

Andrew Stanton. Although I still have respect for all of the directors especially John Lasseter.

Andrew Stanton. His two films have, to me, a deeper emotional twist than the rest. And watching him work on them, you can see the enthusiasm he approaches every detail with.

Hmm. Interesting. So far, Andrew Stanton seems to be the favorite, with Brad Bird following close behind. Mr. Bird was my first choice, but Mr. Stanton would have been my second.

It will be interesting to see if Pete Doctor gets more votes after Up is released in theaters…

Yeah, I have that same feeling. He’s very amiable and personable, though. At least, he was when I met him. Heck, he was too kind…

To be honest, it always took me a while to get used to Brad Bird’s films before Ratatouille came out. Originally, I wasn’t that fond of either Iron Giant or The Incredibles – I recognized the brilliance, of course, but it was almost as if his style was… too brilliant to comprehend. The only two films of his that I really liked right off the bat were Family Dog and Ratatouille. Now, I love all of his stuff; it’s just that it took a while.

– Mitch

For me, my list goes like this.

1. Brad Bird
  2. John Lassiter
  3. Andrew Stanton
  4. Pete Doctor.

Brad Bird, I really admire his leadership and contributions to Pixar, and his two Pixar films are my two favorite Pixar films. Plus, I got to see him speak and get his autograph!

Andrew Stanton is next. WALL-E is one of the greatest films ever created. When I got to meet him at Pixar, he was so humble and happy; it was a great experience.

John Lasseter is third. However, his focus seems to have shifted away from Pixar and more toward Disney. Anyway, I hope I’ll get to meet him someday as his son goes to my school…

Pete Docter is fourth, as I haven’t gotten as many opportunities to see his work. Up will probably raise the bar again for Pixar.

My favorite director is Andrew Stanton. He directed Wall-E, and thats why I got interested in pixar.

Brad Bird is a genius. Seriously, I’m convinced he’s some sort of storytelling savant.

Amen to that Sam Tung. Welcome to Pixar Planet by the way.

It was tough between John and Andrew but I chose Andrew because he tells such great stories with a lot of feeling and emotion, without leaving out the humor.