Pixar Internships 2010

I was so excited to read about the Pixar Undergraduate Program selection process that some fellow members have posted in these forums. I’m thinking about applying next summer and I was curious if any one has applied for any of the other Pixar summer internships (Art, Graphic Art, Story, etc) and if you could also share your experience here…

Hello ! I’m also interested in doing an internship at Pixar, it’s my dream job to work there ! I heard from a friend who applied there (and might get in, lucky him) that you have to live in California to get an internship at Pixar. He said he might be wrong, but yeah. I want to be a 3D modeler at Pixar, which I don’t see an internship for so my dream might not become reality : (

I too would love to do one but being from the UK doesn’t really help. And its not like I have the money to just up sticks and move to California unfortunately.

Pretty sure you don’t have to live in California, they’ll pay for your transportation and housing in Emeryville if you get in. I know people from different parts of the country that got in.

Oh, thank you weirdykid ! That helps a lot : ) By the way, weird user-name O.O

Really? That’s awesome that they’d pay for you to get out to California.

I live 1 1/2 hours from the studios, so getting there would be convienent for me. Only my major is Agriculture, not anything animation or art related to my chances of being accept as an intern is non-existant. But I wish everybody else the best of luck!

Yea i wish i could apply for a animation internship, unfortunately im a Junior in High School… :cry: Anyone know if theres a high school animation internship at pixar or anywhere else?

Definitely going for one of these in a few years. If I remember correctly, there’s a marketing internship available, which is what I’m going to study in college. Even just stepping inside that studio would make my life complete…

SECONDED! My mind would go off on a tangent, and I’d go crazy. But yeah, I wish I could go for one. Too bad I live in England and a Freshman in high school.

:frowning: I felt that way for a while, loving Pixar but having no idea how to get in there, since I have no idea how animation even begins to work, so none of that for me.

I know what you mean! Hopfully I can go next spring, if they do another benefit screening for Cars 2!!! I should start saving up…

Oh wow ellie-jessie-eve! That is great that you could possibly attend a benefit at Pixar! I am unfortunately too young and live on the wrong side of the continent.

Definitely not true. I’m from Switzerland and will be interning starting this August. As weirdykid stated, they get you the necessary documents for the right visa and pay for your flight wherever you come from.

Markel - you still have lots of time! Many interns are grad students, most others are advanced college students. So, keep it up! :slight_smile:

Mind if I ask how you’re financing it as its unpaid isn’t it? Have you just been working a lot and saving up?

Either way all the best, I’m sure it’ll be great :slight_smile:

They are paid, see also [url]http://www.pixar.com/companyinfo/jobs/uni_internfaq.html[/url].

Ah I must have somehow missed that all together when I’ve read through that before. Guess I’m used to the UK where internships tend to be unpaid.

Thanks very much :slight_smile: Shall definitely keep it in mind then. I start an MA in Animation in September so will apply for after I finish that (July 2011).

@dpk are you doing the Research Internship (think I saw you on the spreadsheet)? congrats! I hear they accept less than ten people for that one. The PUP TD internship ends Aug. 20, so I might see you there!

Yeah, the research department is quite small… and btw, GO BEARS, I just saw your affiliation in another thread! I am currently staying in Berkeley too for research. :slight_smile:

I’ll be starting after you leave as you can see in the spreadsheet - but send me an email if you happen to be on campus within the next 2 weeks before I go home for the summer. Would be great to have coffee, lunch or beer! Congrats again to the internship! PUP contains an awesome lot of stuff, I heard.

• D.

join the google group linked from the site with all the info. there’s probably gonna be a meet & greet & drink in berkeley on the 19th if you’re still around. i just finished my freshman year… so i’m technically not allowed to drink. :wink:

Hey guys!
I’m a Marketing student, thinking about trying the 2011 internship, it’s such a dream… any of you know if Pixar makes its own advertising? Or do they hire agencies?