pixar obsession!

When was the first time you realized you were obsessed with

Pixar? Not any othe Pixar movie, but the company it self?

Once i started putting pixar in for a google image search . That , and when i joined

this forum . My friends think i have issues . lol :wink:

[b]The Star

Swordsman[/b] - To tell you the truth, the first time I ever realized the company for what it was was

after I saw Finding Nemo in theaters. Before that time, I had always assumed that

Disney was doing the films, and that Pixar Animation Studios was just a side company – one which I didn’t even

pay any attention to at the time, unfortunately.

However, after I watched [i]Finding

Nemo[/i] thirteen times in theaters, I realized that someone ingenious must have been behind these

productions, and I soon came to find out that it wasn’t Disney…

That’s when I became obsessed. I

collected everything that had to do with the film (Finding Nemo) and watched it

countless times. Ever since then…I have looked forward to every single Pixar film. :slight_smile:

Truthfully, I am only 85% obsessed with Pixar, but ater

ABL, my intrest in it rose to 75%. After TI, I am what I am now, 85%.

It doesn’t matter if you’ve seen all the Pixar movies a

hundred times, or have only seen a few of them once. What matters is what effect the films have had on you.

Personally, I realised I was obsessed with Pixar after I found out more about Monsters, Inc. I found out that

several other films that had been favourites of mine throughout my childhood were Pixar films, and that’s pretty

much it.

LG, you just made my night. :sunglasses:

[i]The

Incredibles[/i] was the Pixar film that fueled my passion for the studio, but I’ve loved their work

since Toy Story.

~~=oP

To tell you the truth, I was forced to love Pixar the first day Toy Story came

out. :wink:

lizardgirl - Yep – well said. :smiley:

When I first saw [i]Toy

Story[/i] I thought, [i]Wow. After all these years Disney finally made another really

admirable film.[/i] I only payed attention to Pixar after I saw

Finding Nemo. The rest is history…

PV-What have I done this time? :laughing: Only kidding.

I guess my fuel for Pixar geared in when the movie Cars

came out.

Yeah , I used to think pixar was just disney , and i

never paid attention to the little lamp . Now if anybody call a pixar film disney , I freak out on them . Oh ,

and one time in tech , a kid said Cars was stupid , and I started lecturing him on how long it takes pixar to

make the fims and the effort and love that they put in , so he should just respect it ands not call it bad names

. Everybody at my table was like " Go ( insert my name here lol , did u really think i would do that ? im

internet smart) ! "

I am impressed. But you have to

consider all Pixar films have a little Disney in them.

The thing is thoguh , they’ll think

they are 100% disney .

Well i guess it was Nemo that made me totally a fan of

Pixar. Man, I was totally obsessed with that movie when it came out! I saw it 10 times in theaters. 3 times the

first week it was out. It was kinda interesting, with my Nemo fueled Pixar stupor I went out and got Monsters Inc

on Dvd which made me kinda rediscover that movie. I never expected to be that obsessed again. Until Cars came

out. I dont know what it is about that movie but I love it soooooo much! I’m more obsessed with that than Nemo

which I didnt think would happen. I saw that 14 times in theaters (and again 3 times in the first week. about 6

or 7 times within a 2 1/2 week period). And because of that, I wanted the Toy Story movies on dvd (which i got

for Christmas) and i’ve rediscovered those too :stuck_out_tongue: But it’s really Nemo and Cars that got me going

lennonluvr9 - Interesting. Your story is similar to mine: We were

both “fueled” by Finding Nemo when it came out, and got really excited

with the Pixar releases after that (The Incredibles and

Cars). Very cool. :smiley:

I don’t think my obsession started until Nemo, like

you. When The Incredibles was about to come out, my sister and I were completely

nuts over it – we went to the website daily and watched the trailers numerous times. Same thing applied to

Cars, as well. However, I haven’t been as hyped up about a Pixar film –

Ratatouille, in this case – since Finding Nemo was

released. I’m not quite sure why I love that particular film so much, however. I think just the overall story

adaption and characters hooked me completely…

But, nobody can beat my

record of having seen Finding Nemo fourteen times in the theaters – I think. I’ve

seen the film itself over 65 times. :stuck_out_tongue:

Guys, I’m sorry if I’m being a bit tetchy here, but to be honest, it really doesn’t matter

if you’ve seen a film once, or if you’ve seen a film more times than anyone else- what matters is whether

you’ve learnt anything from the film, and how it has affected you.

I

agree with lizardgirl.

I’m not so obsessed with any of them- only at a time when they come out or if I

happen to watch one again and get into a craze. But I briefly show my love for them, like I have several Nemo

toys hanging from the bottom of a shelf, and a small Cars poster on the wall. I don’t flaunt my obsessions- I

like to be discreet about them, since I’m aware that a lot of people wouldn’t want to hear about it, or I’ll

just look like a crazy person. I only get nuts when I meet a fellow obsessed fan (if I happen to be fancrazy at

the time)

lizardgirl - Oh no – I also agree with your statement. It’s alright to proudly

display one’s obsession, as long as it doesn’t go too far. As for me, I just happen to be one of those types

who likes to “show off” every once in a while. Soo…I apologize if I sounded a little "over the

top" there. Heh.

You must understand that one of the main reasons I am here is because I love Pixar

and their films, stories, and characters. I’m not here to brag about how many times I’ve seen Nemo (although I

like to mention it, I admit), but to discuss facts about all of the films and the company in general.

Another reasone why I am so obsessed with Pixar all of the sudden is because

they have this magical impact on people. It is amazing to see how people change after watching a Pixar

Movie.

[size=92]Well, I’m overall obsessed with Pixar. But I am indirectly obsessed with

Cars. I just can’t help doodling a vehicle now… the movie has practically eaten me. :laughing:

But my

obsessions can’t show up on the surface because in real life I’m not popular enough to be different. :stuck_out_tongue:

[/size]