Pixar Planet History

Ususally in the summer is where I might find myself excessively away from PIxar Planet.

youtube.com/watch?v=BhtvbmpZNio

youtube.com/watch?v=k3SP2Ai_2sc

What is everyone’s most embarrassing post?

Oh boy, I have so many, it’s hard to choose. I’ve posted a lot of embarassing posts, and a lot of embarassing posts about myself too.

Th is mine, it’s at the bottom, Do I need to explain it? You guys were just like, “What”?.

boardreader.com/thread/Your_Favo … html?o=990

It’s from the Your favosrite members of Pixar Planet thread.

8D

Most embarassing for me?

The time when I put on a squeaky voice and went “oooh, I want to be Pixar’s receptionist!”
:unamused:

I tend to bring embarrassing posts onto myself for the laughs.

If you got to choose some new mods, who would you choose?

I would pick

Geoff-uk1234
K9girl
IncredigirlVirginia
Somethinguy912

Good picks, but remember that the current mods and admins have the final say. We discuss in great detail the best candidates.

I know, just think they would be good mods.

I can agree with you.

Have you been a mod since day 1?

No actually. There were mods before me. The people that help set this place up. I was just a young, excited, yet immature member. It took me a long time to mature and earn the trust of the admins. I’ve only been just a regular moderator just a couple year ago. And after the relaunch, I got promoted to a global mod.

I see.

Sooooo…here I am reviving an almost YEAR old thread.

Just posting my stamp on something I probably should’ve been a part of, considering I’m an “oldie”…or an '06 er. :sunglasses:

I remember what the forum was like BEFORE the previous overhaul, when the boards where as stale looking as could be (the background colors weren’t even WHITE!), and we only had Toy Story - Cars layouts to chose from…and then of course almost ALWAYS being mistaken for a guy 8D .

I still breeze through for old times sake. I’ve always been the ‘busy bee’ even when I was way more active on the forums. But like many have said before me, while I’m still busier than ever it’s kind of hard to connect with anyone now that my fellow 06-08ers have phased out as well.

But I will admit I was one of the few that never bothered connecting with anyone here on anything else besides deviantArt. Nowadays I’m on FB and Twitter as well though.

PP back in its wonder years were definitely entertaining at the least. I have to admit I do miss the intimacy of us growing up together in a way.

Sincerely, that old member that everyone seemed to forget all about, but made pretty cool graphics and drawings…

-Pixfan
:mrgreen:

Hey Pixfan, even though I didnt’ know you for long, I remember your cool Halloween sigs back in the day! :slight_smile:

It’s kinda sad most of the older members like Rachelcakes, TSS, Phileas and bright-dot-dasher hardly log on anymore (although they can be found elsewhere). Some of the semi-new ones like JSWeC, EJE, little_chef, IV, and Violet Parr are still regulars.

It also saddens me that there’s hardly any discussions on the older movies (Toy Story, for example, has - I will say this out loud - become a merch thread), and besides new signatures and avatars, and Cars fanfics, there’s not much output in terms of Pixar fandom on the site.

And I miss all the old events we used to have, like Movie Nights, and Commentaries, and Radio Pixar, and the short-lived Peach, and even those competitions (of which one I won, The Art of Pixar Short Films).

And in a way (I feel), it has mirrored Pixar’s decline in the critics’ eyes, with the sequel productions and the re-releases in 3D and merchandising (by Disney) all that. It used to be the animation studio to watch, but now the others are catching up (and winning my attention too).

Still, this forum will have a place in my heart, because it has been part of my life for the past half-a-decade. Hopefully it will remain so for many more years to come. :slight_smile:

TDIT: I totally agree with you! More than half the new threads in the Toy Story section are for merchandise, and new discussion threads rarely get noticed. And don’t get me started on the fandoms, I’ve actually put up a new oneshot last month, and only one person reviewed it. It’s not a bad thing either; at least I got one review. :unamused:

Anyways, I’ve been thinking of any action we could take to get this forum more active. Some of the ideas I had were to actually have new members borrow siggies and avvies from our various graphics thread. Another idea is to dig up some old fanfics and review them for new members to also be interested in them; last month, I actually reviewed a collection of short stories posted up by little_chef back in 2009, and it’s so sad that no one has payed attention to them since I’ve reviewed them. Those stories were awesome!

Do you have any ideas on how we could bring back this forum?

Anyone else remember when the avatar and information was on the left side of posts instead of the right side?

Yes! Most forums are like that, but I think this one is very unique because of that.

Yeah, it is very unique! Thats’s why it took me a bit to get use to it, because most forums are on the right side.