Pixar Planet History

Oh, you had to bring that up.

I remember member’s like Snipe, Love70ways, and EvilGenius.

I remember when we were hyped for Toy Story 3 and were trying to stay away from spoiler’s.

The old layout

Being a noob

The old chatroom

When Pixarteers thread got like 30 post a day.

Getting locked more. ( Usually by lizardgirl)

When I made my Toy Story Halloween fanfic( I may make a Up Christmas fanfic this year.)

When their were like 30 guest at the same time

Meeting the member’s I know a lot now like SOA, Ellie, Violet, and Somethinguy.

When I had trouble making a sig and Love70ways helped me.

^ HAHA funny Toy Story 2 reference. 8D

Aw, Love70Ways. :cry: I miss him so much.

I remember how whenever i saw a person’s avatar/signature, that i couldn’t stop thinking about how the emotion in the siggy/avatar made me remind me of the mood of the poster.

I also became a member for 1 year and a half on May 9th.

I remembered when I entered this forum without introducing myself…maybe i should do that.

Memories…

Anyone eles remember Snipe’s alternative chatroom? We used that one way more then the offical PP one, becuase back in those days, the chatroom would randomly close people out. I think that problems been fixed with the new layout.

Yeah, and quite a few people would show up.

I remember about a few years ago where the Mods and I had to deal with by far some of the most horrible and worst trolls I’ve ever encountered on a forum.

What, did they cuss every 5 second’s or advertise site’s with viruses?

Anddddd… now we’re all on twitter :stuck_out_tongue: (Can you believe that was only a year and a half ago?)

Things I remember most were when people would confuse me as a guy back when I made graphics. It may not be an integral part of overall Pixar Planet history, but apparently it was quite a common mistake :stuck_out_tongue:

Another part of PP History is the amount of PP relationships. Whether it’s that they met each other over the boards (Like twcs & Phileas) or if one was a member and the other later joined (The White Frozone & Virginia). There’s been quite a few over the years.

And this <3 is usually shown.

Kenzie: mo and I were the first ‘official’ PP couple! :slight_smile: I’m sad it didn’t work out… but it was some of the most fun I’ve ever had in my life. It was my very first relationship, and even though it didn’t work out, it was such a wonderful experience, and I don’t regret any of it! :slight_smile:

I like to consider myself part of the ‘old’ crowd here on PP - lizardgirl, Mitch, Sky, TSS, Maggie, PixarVixen, scheree, lennonluvr9… and I’m sure there’s others that I’ll remember later. :slight_smile: I was here before I was really… here, if that makes sense. :laughing: I browsed the boards a lot in late '06, early '07, right around all the Ratatouille hype. I got one of my best friends to join, and he went by the username JesusFreak. He used to post a bunch of my old graphics, and through that I kind of got to communicate and make friends with a lot of the members here.

I think it was when there was all that Ratatouille hype that I most loved these boards. So much intense discussion and analyzing of that movie. To this day, I still love discussing the intricate details of Ratatouille, and I’m surprised to learn that there’s still a few around here that love it as much as I do.

I’ve had a hard time connecting with some of the newer members here, and it’s not because there’s anything wrong with any of you guys. I just… I really miss the ‘old days’, and all my old friends that have gone on and started their lives, and have left PixarPlanet since. Thank God for all the wonderful archives, is all I can say. :')

little chef

Pixarfan: Oh, much worst than that. We had one member who was posting super-long posts about movies and eventually snapped and when on a rampage verbally-abusing many members here in '08. He even made a second account, and we gave him a second chance, but he still abused other members, so we had to IP-ban him.

Then in '09, there was a merchandise guy who was ripping off several of our members, and then when we banned him, he started harassing a few of us and threatened legal action.

Yeah, good times, good times. :slight_smile:

thewisecookiesheet: Yeah, Twitter’s where it’s at!

EJE: I didn’t know that twcs and Phileas were an item!

I have a confession to make: I had a crush on one of the members back in my early days (she was really kind to me, and was one of my frequent critiquers), but it sort of ‘died down’ now.

Also, one former member here (well, ‘former’ in the sense that she doesn’t log on anymore) is my Facebook buddy, and is probably the only person who knows how I look like in RL. :slight_smile:

little_chef: I remember when you were silently communicating through JF, and I wondered who was this mysterious person! It was kinda fun when you finally took the plunge and joined as a member! My favourite days was during the ‘Wall-E’ era, because I connected with most of the oldies like rachelcakes, lizardgirl, Mitch and TSS then, and we were actively hosting Radio Pixar and commenting on each other’s fanfiction and fanart. I used to be very ‘popular’ with my fan videos, but nowadays, hardly anyone takes notice! :frowning:

I suppose I can do a couple of Cars fanart and fanfic and see if I can ‘break’ into the newbies’ inner sanctum. :wink:

Oh, I remember when that was going down! And yep, it’s been quite some time now!

little_chef: Wow that’s crazy that there was Ratatouille hype! Think of all the movies that have came since. WALL-E, Up, Toy Story 3, and now Cars 2. We may have different members, but we’re still an active fan forum, and i find that amazing.

And I remember you and mo being an item, I joined a few months before it ended, but I’m glad to hear how much that relationship meant to you, it’s touching! I miss mo as well, we became friends, but he hasn’t popped around here in some time!

Listening to all you veterans talking about the ol’ days and ol’ members makes me curious if I ever will be one of those’great PP members lost to PP history’ such as many you guys have been mentioning. Maybe some day in the future!

Clarification… we actually first talked through Twitter due to having similar friends from PP. But both of us joined back in March '09. I think the first time we talked on the boards was May '10 xD

And, hopefully, you’ll be here reminiscing the good ol’ days instead of just being a memory! :smiley:

~~

little_chef: whenever I think PP relationships, you and mo are always the first to pop into my mind. Every single time. And I was sorry to hear that it didn’t work out, but I am glad to hear that it did end well.

~~

TDIT: Oh, yep we are :stuck_out_tongue: Since the end of December. We’re not very “open-in your face” per-say – it doesn’t define us on the forums. We’re very chill about it. :sunglasses:

Oh okkay, thaks for the clarification! And I hope so too! I’m planning to be active this summer, but I’m going to try to limit my Pixar Planet and facebook time to a miniscule amount once I start up school again. But I will try to be an active member here as long as I can!

thewisecookiesheet: Well, I didn’t know that before, so congratulations!

I’m actually experiencing Andy and Woody’s sense of dissociation right now. Pixar Planet has been a huge part of my life for the past three years (and I have lurked for five in reality, since I fell in love with Cars). I have had lots of free time to hang out here for my entire uni life, but that stage of my life is now coming to a close. I’ll be starting work (or job-hunting, depending on my luck and tenacity) in a few months time, and who knows where my life will take from there? I may get a job, find a girlfriend, buy a house (with mortage or parental assistance)…

Hopefully, I can still hang out here in my free time. But whatever happens in the future, I’ll never forget the times we had, the good, the bad, and the beautiful.

I’m gonna try to get a job this summer so I won’t be on as much, but will still try to come here everyday.

And the most recent one…Myself and Sully…