Pixar Planet History

-nods, hugs you-

Thanks TDIT! And hey, good luck to your life. No matter what happens, you’ll always be welcome back here :wink:

Kenzie: Yeah, funny how that worked out, huh? We’re still amazed by it too xP Definitely not “average” per say… And yeah, school will cut much into the internet life here too. I’m going to have to work really hard to stay off Facebook/Tumblr/Twitter, and after how active I plan to be this summer, Pixar Planet as well. xP It’s going to be really hard… Cutting my soda addiction will be nothing compared to this!

When summer school/school comes around, I’m going to have to try my hardest not to be lured by this site…

Yes, Pixar Planet is really addicting to me! I’ll be gone for a week next month. I’m going to miss out on so much!

Oh no! Well, we’ll miss you too, and hope you have fun while you’re gone!

And it gets even more addicting since there will actually be people posting at regular intervals. Oh man, I can’t wait. :smiley:

Thanks, I’ll miss you guys too! Oh, and you know what else I can’t wait for? Movie nights!

And as I promised, I found all the Pixar Planet Award winners. I posted them here, but it took up so much room, and it’d be lost to the pages. So this piece of Pixar Planet History has its own thread.

I hope you guys enjoy!

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8577

The awards! How could we forget!

And movie nights will be back up and running again this year! I think we’ll start Saturday morning, I’ll post more on that in the thread.

And commentaries! Those have become a thing of the past. If I could, I’d really love starting those up again. If I’m able to find the time, I’d really love to take that under my wing, if it were possible.

Haha. I can totally relate to that. There was some kind of craze for my graphics on my early days, but the enthusiasm has somewhat died and I now just receive a “nice work”. But it’s still great. I wanna thank you all for all the support.

I just took a look back at some of my oldest posts and got quite embarrassed at my abysmal grammar and spelling. :blush: I was in the sixth grade, cut me some slack.

I remember when Fairly Odd New Yorker and Lizardgirl were basically the two main Randall fangirls on the site. Also when we only had, like, 400 members or less. I remember when the whole board got caught up in the presidential election drama and some of us talked more about American politics than we did Pixar. :laughing:

This was also the place I wrote my very first fanfics. Gave me a bit of practice before I moved onto FF.net.

Remember when I made the Dolly the new Bo Peep thread?

How exactly did they work?

Well, pretty much, you get a couple weeks to study a movie in and out, and you sit with other members, and record the discussion about the movie. Different facts, quirks, things you like and don’t like, and have this big discussion about the movie.

It’s like a PPMN, but completely formal, whereas, in a PPMN, you can get distracted with topics and such and it’s lounging around.

They were pretty fun :smiley:

Wow, that does sound fun! How long are they? And who was in charge of them before?

They were rather interesting indeed.

They are as long as the movies, and give about 30 that let everyone set up and such.

The guy who used to be in charge of it was Peter, and his username was qx-something-something… I don’t remember his username, just his first name. He passed it on to Totoro, who we haven’t seen in a while.

I wasn’t very popular with him though, I’d always sign up to do a commentary, and then have this magical conflict that would appear and I couldn’t join (i.e.: going out of town, having family stay, friend obligations, ect.)

I remember our very first commentary! Toy Story commentary with lizardgirl, rachelcakes, and so many more.

I remember when AUTOA113 and I used to message quite a bit. And she had some pretty good fanfics!

Oh I remember AutoA113! I hope to see em around on the boards once again.

I also remember her. What happened to her?

Pixarfan: She kinda just dropped off the face of the earth, it seemed. But I’ve seen her far more active in places like the WALL-E Forums and deviantART. I hope she comes back, though. She and I were in the middle of collaboratively writing a pretty intense WALL-E fanfiction.

little chef

Thanks Lauren! I don’t really think I can ever just ‘sever’ my relationship with the forum like Rachel and Laura (lizardgirl) did with their final posts (although Rachel still pops in every few months or so, and Laura’s on Twitter). Most likely, my posts will probably peter out naturally as I get preoccupied with more pressing matters in Real-Life as a working adult, and pretty soon, it will be a pleasant memory in my days as a young adult, all bright and eager to face the world. While I won’t know the day I will eventually leave for good (or if it will ever happen), I will certainly never forget the day I arrived! :slight_smile:

The guy you’re thinking of is qxgnxamy! His username’s pretty tough to remember, but I just phonetically-remembered it: “Quicks-gen-samy.” :stuck_out_tongue:

At least you’re still getting comments, Spirit! Which reminds me, I would love if you could comment on some of my fan videos/fan art! Have you seen my respective fanwork threads? :wink: Jeez, I feel like a washed-up has-been still trying to give Hollywood/the Internet a run for its money. 8D

Great thread, Kenzie. Will have a look at it.

Need I remind you that you have a lot of outstanding half-completed fanfics, little_chef? :slight_smile: