Pixar Planet Movie Night

I will attempt. How does skype work

Basically there is a group call and a textbox. Once you get your skype, whoever is hosting the event will make a group call. And we basically just talk to each other during the film. If you don’t have a mic (I don’t need a mic for my laptop) then no worries, you can still listen to us talk, and you can chat in the previously mentioned textbox.

I’ll probably pop in for one hour, then I have to (most unfortunately) go to work. I’ll be leaving at 1pm Singapore time.

Hope to have fun with y’all though!

Oh man, I would love to participate! :slight_smile: I’m in the middle of a move, so my iMac is not yet unpacked (my only access to Skype), but I’m sure I could pull it out and set it up for a couple hours to attend this… we will see!

Who is attending for sure so I’ll know who to add to Skype?

I’ve been itching to see this movie again, too… :wink:

little chef

I don’t think I’ll be able to make it tonight, but I’ll try to.

This is still going on? I thought they stopped doing it. Maybe I’ll tune in do the next one cause I’ve never done it before.

^They’re starting up again! This is the second one this year.

I’d be up for a Pixar movie night. It would be fun. I do have Skype and plenty of time to spare.

Do you guys show non-Pixar movies as well? I have a pretty diverse film collection right now, though most of them are R-rated (15 or 18 in the UK) so I don’t feel they would be appropriate. Don’t know why I mention this. I love SO many films other than Pixar. The only thing better than watching them is when you’re watching with someone else, except when they don’t enjoy it like you do (like when I watched RoboCop once with my cousin, which he really didn’t like at all).

^In the past, it was only Pixar movies that were shown. But it seems that we’ve run out of them! Last week we watched Wreck-it Ralph. During the past two movie nights I’ve been to, there was an interest all around for watching other Disney movies in the future.

Maybe our next movie night could be The Hunchback of Notre Dame to honor its Blu-Ray release?

That could be an option! We choose WIR last week because everyone seemed into it. You might want to suggest it to Phileas or twcs, they’re the hosts of these events, and see what they think.

I guess so, it could be fun making a log of jokes about Frollo. I have the DVD and need to repalce it with the blu ray soon.

I thought the last movie night was a little bit more boring then the other one. The movie was fun but after thst it took a huge nose dive since it was only that white board thing. It was fun at first but started to get dull at one point. We sould also just talk about random topics like how are life is going, what movies we have watched, what were eating, and talk more about the PP reunion thing and how it’s going to work out.

What do you guys think about watching action or sci-fi movies? That’s the genre I’m mostly into now, and I got a good amount of them in my collection. Is there restriction to movies that may have a high age rating? That is just one thing I am curious about.

All I can tell you Geoff is that we haven’t ever watched a film that was not animated.

Awesome! I’ll make sure to suggest my idea to Phileas.

Fair enough. Thanks for clearing that up.

It was so fun this Saturday. I can’t wait for next time!

Hey guys just wanna pop in to say that I enjoyed my second PPMN of the year and my first live chat in a long while! I remember the old PP commentaries with the old guard… good times… hopefully we can bring back that same spirit.

Thanks to Phileas and wisecookiesheet for hosting the PPMNs this year so far. I had a great time watching the first hour of WIR with y’all, hearing rants about a certain Oscar host, discovering a Tron reference (pointed out by MyGames19), talking about Disney stores, getting in a meme (“U MAD?”) edgewise, and trying to stay dry-eyed through that scene where Disney tears us apart and Ralph acts like a massive jerk (I chose a pretty bad time to leave, haha, but I just had to hear you guys react to the Broken-Karted scene, I think my voice even cracked when I bid goodbye, oh the feels!). :frowning:

I really wish I coulda seen Ralph to the end with you all, but I had to drive to work and it takes half an hour without traffic. I’m sure you had a great time, though, how did the rest of the chat go? :slight_smile:

I’m also super excited for the next one - I haven’t watched New Groove for ages, and I remember playing the videogame on PS1 as a kid. Man, I never got past the jungle level, but I did love walking Kuzco off ledges to hear him scream his “WOOAAHHHH…!” 8D

I did remember the squirrel and cat Yzma, though! I’m sure I didn’t catch a lot of the jokes as a 12-year-old, but I’m sure less of 'em will fly over my (much taller) head now. :slight_smile:

My call kept being dropped do to bad wifi, so I wasn’t able to stay the whole time. But from what I heard they had a lot of fun.

These sound really fun! So does anyone know when the next Pixar Planet Movie Night will be, and which movie will be playing?