Pixar Short Films Collection DVD Announced!

Yet another thing I have to wait till Christmas for…

I finally got it! But I hadn’t had time to watch it … :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll watch it tonight; it’s on my to-do list. I’m just watching it for the documentary thingie of course, since I’ve seen all the shorts already.

Sorry for the double-post, but I watched it now and for anyone who still wants to get the pin set- hurry up because they’re still there! I just entered the code now and it turns out they’re still there! xD Only $3.50 guys, get 'em before they’re gone! :smiley:

Pins? drools

What do they look like?

From the picture, nothing special really- just one with Nemo, another with Lightning McQueen, and one with Buzz and Woody together. I’m going to give the Buzz and Woody one to my brother, since Toy Story is his all-time favorite movie. :smiley:

I haven’t been on here in a while, so I just thought I’d say that I got the DVD for Christmas this year :smiley: Yay! Haha.

I’m not. :wink: I’m hoping for a UK release!

But it is released in the UK with the Pixar Movie Box Set haha, all of the movies plus the Shorts movie and The Making movie haha. All for just £50, bargain!!

£50. I’m saving up for a new monitor, so ATM I’m resisting the urge to buy anything!

WALL-E- I don’t know if you’ve got Ratatouille on DVD or not, but if not, buy the edition with the extra Pixar Shorts DVD! It’s a great two-in-one buy, and saved me a bit of money. :smiley:

OK. but tbh Ratatouille wasn’t one of my favourites. I may buy it, but my mehmeter rating is:

----------------------------------------------------------V
bad----------------------------------------meh----------------------------------------good
----------------------------------------------------------^

I’ll consider it.

WALL-E- To be honest, I think it’s worth it just for the Pixar Shorts DVD! It comes in a really cool case, too. :smiley: But it was a tad more expensive than just buying Ratatouille…About £18, I think? I’d looked around for the Pixar Shorts DVD on its own, but I don’t think you can get it separately.

Zomg i must have it, I hope its got “Mikes New Car” on it its my fave Pixar short

Well I’m saving up for the HD version of WALL-E when it comes out! :smiley:

Jan > July = MEGA BUMP! :open_mouth:

I’m probably going to get it… and if not, I’m pretty sure all the shorts are available on iTunes. I think it has all the shorts besides Lifted and Presto…

Just getting into the habit.

It does have lifted but not presto
i have had the dvd from the day they were first selling it

I saw this in my local WHSmiths in England the other day and it’s sold out already! Fortunately it’s available on Amazon at a much lower price than the high street shops - my copy should arrive tomorrow morning :slight_smile:

I have all the shorts on VHS from an Interview with John Lasseter from the early '90s when Terminator 2 came out and 3D CGI in films was all the rage.

Does anyone know if this new DVD contains any “making of” type documentaries?

I re-created Tin Toy and Red in Real3D Pro on my Amiga 2000 in 1992 by freezing the VHS and measuring the characters on my TV screen with a ruler!

I’m now using CINEMA 4D R10.5 and Maya but would love to see footage of the guys modelling and rendering in the early days.

I’ve moved on to other things (like the new Daleks from Dr. Who) but have always meant to re-create all the early characters again now the technology can cope!

The Pixar short films collection will be on sale in Japan on November 7, 2008. The Pixar Story, a documentary by Leslie Iwerks, is also included.

Here’s the website on the DVD and Blu-ray.
wdshe.jp/disney/special/pixar_shorts/

it makes more sense than attaching The Pixar Story with WALL-E