Pixar Short Films Collection DVD Announced!

I finally got it! But I hadnā€™t had time to watch it ā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™ll watch it tonight; itā€™s on my to-do list. Iā€™m just watching it for the documentary thingie of course, since Iā€™ve seen all the shorts already.

Sorry for the double-post, but I watched it now and for anyone who still wants to get the pin set- hurry up because theyā€™re still there! I just entered the code now and it turns out theyā€™re still there! xD Only $3.50 guys, get 'em before theyā€™re gone! :smiley:

Pins? drools

What do they look like?

From the picture, nothing special really- just one with Nemo, another with Lightning McQueen, and one with Buzz and Woody together. Iā€™m going to give the Buzz and Woody one to my brother, since Toy Story is his all-time favorite movie. :smiley:

I havenā€™t been on here in a while, so I just thought Iā€™d say that I got the DVD for Christmas this year :smiley: Yay! Haha.

Iā€™m not. :wink: Iā€™m hoping for a UK release!

But it is released in the UK with the Pixar Movie Box Set haha, all of the movies plus the Shorts movie and The Making movie haha. All for just Ā£50, bargain!!

Ā£50. Iā€™m saving up for a new monitor, so ATM Iā€™m resisting the urge to buy anything!

WALL-E- I donā€™t know if youā€™ve got Ratatouille on DVD or not, but if not, buy the edition with the extra Pixar Shorts DVD! Itā€™s a great two-in-one buy, and saved me a bit of money. :smiley:

OK. but tbh Ratatouille wasnā€™t one of my favourites. I may buy it, but my mehmeter rating is:

----------------------------------------------------------V
bad----------------------------------------meh----------------------------------------good
----------------------------------------------------------^

Iā€™ll consider it.

WALL-E- To be honest, I think itā€™s worth it just for the Pixar Shorts DVD! It comes in a really cool case, too. :smiley: But it was a tad more expensive than just buying Ratatouilleā€¦About Ā£18, I think? Iā€™d looked around for the Pixar Shorts DVD on its own, but I donā€™t think you can get it separately.

Zomg i must have it, I hope its got ā€œMikes New Carā€ on it its my fave Pixar short

Well Iā€™m saving up for the HD version of WALL-E when it comes out! :smiley:

Jan > July = MEGA BUMP! :open_mouth:

Iā€™m probably going to get itā€¦ and if not, Iā€™m pretty sure all the shorts are available on iTunes. I think it has all the shorts besides Lifted and Prestoā€¦

Just getting into the habit.

It does have lifted but not presto
i have had the dvd from the day they were first selling it

I saw this in my local WHSmiths in England the other day and itā€™s sold out already! Fortunately itā€™s available on Amazon at a much lower price than the high street shops - my copy should arrive tomorrow morning :slight_smile:

I have all the shorts on VHS from an Interview with John Lasseter from the early '90s when Terminator 2 came out and 3D CGI in films was all the rage.

Does anyone know if this new DVD contains any ā€œmaking ofā€ type documentaries?

I re-created Tin Toy and Red in Real3D Pro on my Amiga 2000 in 1992 by freezing the VHS and measuring the characters on my TV screen with a ruler!

Iā€™m now using CINEMA 4D R10.5 and Maya but would love to see footage of the guys modelling and rendering in the early days.

Iā€™ve moved on to other things (like the new Daleks from Dr. Who) but have always meant to re-create all the early characters again now the technology can cope!

The Pixar short films collection will be on sale in Japan on November 7, 2008. The Pixar Story, a documentary by Leslie Iwerks, is also included.

Hereā€™s the website on the DVD and Blu-ray.
wdshe.jp/disney/special/pixar_shorts/

it makes more sense than attaching The Pixar Story with WALL-Eā€¦

I canā€™t wait until the day we can download the shorts, featured films, documentaries, and everything else from Pixar all at the same time around the world. Iā€™m just getting tired of waiting for DVDā€™s.

Hereā€™s more info on the DVD from Japan.
disneystore.co.jp/select/deliver/pixar.html