Pixar Summer Internship 2015

Yes, they offer housing.

Anyone apply for Publicity that DIDN’T get a rejection? I don’t know if they are doing elimination rounds like they seem to have done in the past for the business internships.

Or has anyone been rejected for marketing yet? I only ask to try and gauge where marketing applicants are right now. I don’t know if we can/should expect news today. I think in the past they have contacted people at the end of May on the weekend? I don’t recall.

OH! And anyone still interviewing? I know the other week we had someone get contacted for a production interview.

Out of curiosity, did you ever find out what the 1 of 6 meant?

Do they usually wait this long to let people know whether they got the position or not? It all seems very last minute since it starts in about a week

Has anyone been able to call lately? I keep getting to HR then hung up on.

And any updates on the Disney front?

Same news from earlier: decisions being made; let’s hope for results this upcoming week! However, since Disney’s internship program doesn’t start until mid-June, it’s not out of the question to imagine we won’t receive responses until June.

For the people who have called and got answers, what number are you calling?

@ underwood

Do you know if Disney applicants will hear either way (accepted/rejected)?

Any interns that got accepted for the Production Internship please message me! I want to apply again next year and would love to know what sort of experience they are after. Does anyone else know what sort of experience they are looking for on a resume for production?

Has anyone just gotten an acceptance email, without an interview?

Just talked to someone at Pixar. She said that they try and respond to everyone who applied but they sometimes can’t get to everyone but if you hadn’t heard anything at this point it’s safe to assume you did not get the position.

Well, this is my first and possibly only time for applying due to the fact that I graduated recently. I went for the marketing internship, edited together a showreel of my marketing work in good ol’ England and China for Pixar. You can watch it here: [url]https://vimeo.com/123645533[/url]

If anyone got into marketing, congratulations and have a great three months! It’s the opportunity of a lifetime! It certainly sounds like decisions must have been made by now… I’ll hold out for a bit, but I haven’t had any reply or update on my Pixar profile.

So, for those of us who didn’t make it (or don’t think they have), let’s get back to job hunting… :nerd:

From previous years, WDAS has always sent me rejection/update e-mails for their summer internships.

Been one of those invisible creepy stalker people following this board for a while :mrgreen:

I was wondering if anyone else applied to/heard back from the Media Systems internship? I checked this morning and my status hasn’t been updated since I submitted my application. :neutral_face: Guess it’s safe to say I should try again next year?

Ahhh! Just got the production internship and I’m freaking out. I’m so happy and so excited to be working at Pixar this summer!!!

Now let me go jump up and down for about an hour.

Congrats!!!
Just wondering, did they update your status at all beforehand?

Congrats!! Does that one start next week as well?

Does Disney usually take this long to respond, and are their internships always posted so late? I don’t remember it being this way last year, but I could be wrong.

To be honest, I didn’t really check my status beforehand - from my experience in the past, the status doesn’t really give me any indication where I’m at in the process. 8D I always just wait for the email - but yes, they updated my status a few days after I was contacted for the interview, and it might have changed beforehand.

And the internship starts in two weeks!

Hey BlueBird,

What exactly will you be doing production-wise? Were you assigned to a feature?

Cheers!

Just got a no for marketing "/
It was worded kind of weird though