Pixar Summer Internship 2016

@IAMATOY
I have PM’d you, but it keeps getting stuck in the outbox folder rather than going to sent - let me know if it has come through!

Does anyone know when they post Fall internships? Thanks!

August/September is when you are able to apply. Then October-December is the actual dates (well for production interning anyway!)

A bit of a random question, but what are the postings for Fall like compared to Summer? I applied for last Summer and didn’t get it and tried again during Winter but all the postings seemed to be geared toward graduate students. I’m asking in particular about software positions.

@PixarRecruiting just tweeted saying the deadline for summer 2016 applications is March 1st!

[url]https://twitter.com/PixarRecruiting/status/700382194561253377[/url]

I applied for the Art Internship this year. Worked hard on my submission materials, so crossing my fingers.

Good luck to everyone else!

Hello everyone!
I’m a first timer at trying out for the internships, and I’ve never done anything like this before.My sister and I will be trying out for the art and possibly animation or story interns. I’m hoping we might make just a little bit of a chance.

Does anyone have any helpful tips on how to set up a decent portfolio?

Hey Charlotte,

I think I can help you on monday, at school with this :wink:

Hello I’m new!
I’m CharlotteDG’s sister and applying for the first time as well. I’m very nervous. I hope I’ll be able to put together a good portfolio and demo reel on time.

I have a question: Does anyone know if they are likely to accept international students as well? Or are US residents more privileged in this case? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m also wondering about the international thing. I’m from Ireland, hope that doesn’t put them off my application :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey everyone! New here, just applied for the Media Systems internship a few days ago. Has anyone here interviewed with Pixar in previous years? If so, what kind of dress code are they expecting?

I have a question for you guys that I hope you might have the answer to.
For internships such as art and story it’s apparently required to send in a ‘hard copy’ of your portfolio after sending in your submission. What does this mean exactly? Are they asking for a printed paper version or more like a cd or dvd with your works?

Hi guys!
International students are hired as far as I know! I’ve read reflections of people in class with people from Germany and other countries (which I’ve now forgotten).
However I’ve only read this for art/animation internships as it requires a certain talent and everyone in the world is different. To be able to sponsor and international worker companies in the U.S need to argue that the person has a talent that isn’t found in their own country. I guess it’s easier to sponsor someone for art than it is production/marketing etc.

This is only a guess as Pixar do say they welcome international applications for all internships!

March 1st’s coming up, everybody holds hands :wink:

Hi! I am new here. I am working on final stuff for my portfolio. I was reading about how some of you updated your portfolios after the submission deadline. Is that really possible? Can you change everything - cover letter etc. or just the portfoliio? :open_mouth:

It’ll be a printed paper version. I don’t know if they always require it but printed portfolios are easier to pass around a room when they’re making decisions.

My application was Last updated: 2/24/16 5:25 PM.
Since I did not get an email is it unlikely that I have qualified for an interview?

Honestly, I doubt they’ve even started looking at applications. The applications don’t close until the 1st so I don’t see why they would start going through them until everybody has applied. I also wouldn’t look too into when your status gets updated as a sign of anything, as you never know what kind of schedule they’re on over there. Your stuff could be updated and you might not hear from them for several weeks.

So a hardcopy is required. Does anyone have any tips on how to print it? What type of paper should it be printed on etc
I’m a noob at these things. I probably won’t be accepted into pixar but at least this is good practise for making portfolios and such ;D

Thank you IAMATOY, I was probably overreacting a bit! Good to know that I am not out of the running yet :slight_smile: