Pixar Summer Internship 2016

Hey guys! Last hours to apply!

Has anyone applied for two internships? I’m a little lost, where are we supossed to paste links to two portfolio sites or demo reels? Should we paste both in the single demo reel field?

It would seem that they want everything together. So maybe they want 1 site as well?
You are doing Story and what?

And are you meant to submit your portfolio online later or together with the resume stuff? Sorry, rookie over here.

Hey guys!

I just applied to the animation internship for the first time - good luck to everyone!

I was wondering, does anyone know how we can log in and check the status of our applications? The only way I’ve been able to get back in is by clicking on a different job opening and kind of getting in through the back door… I figure there must be a more straightforward way than that haha

• Lauren

UPDATE I guess I spoke too soon. Did a google search, and this link is an easier way to get in [url]http://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj06/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=PIXAR&cws=6[/url]

Hey Lauren, I check my status using this link: [url]http://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj06/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=PIXAR&cws=6[/url] and logging in at the bottom as a previous applicant. Not sure if this is what you meant by backdoor though! Best of luck with your application :slight_smile:

Edit: Oh I see you found the same link :nerd:

Has anyone seen an update on their application yet? If so what did you apply to? Do we think they’re going in a some sort of order? Any calls? Best of luck to everyone!

Hey OrangeSnow!

My application was updated Wed, March 9th. I applied for story.

Generally how this goes is the recruiting department will do an initial screening process to narrow down the applicants. Most applications will get updated in the first 2-3 weeks after the deadline during this process.

They do go department by department but I’m not sure what the order is.

Near the end of March/start of April people will start getting emails to have ‘screener’ calls with a recruiter. These are simple, quick conversations to gauge what kind of candidate you may be. Generally within a week after your screener you’ll be scheduled for a second phone interview–this time with a group of Pixar employees from the department you applied to.

That’s as far as I’ve ever gotten, for the PUPs back in 2011. I’ve applied to story every year since and gotten my ‘no longer in consideration’ emails without any phone calls. This usually happens near the end of April.

Does anybody know how to get in contact with a recruiter there to confirm if they got your resume with your application? When I logged into the taleo site and clicked on the update my information tab, I didn’t have a resume attached to my information and nothing was filled in. I know I filled it all in and attached everything when I applied though.

@IAMATOY

My attachment (and I presume everyone else’s) doesn’t show up when logging back in.
It’s a required field though - to submit your application they must have received an attachment, which might put you at ease.
If you’re still concerned, Pixar’s contact details are here [url]http://www.pixar.com/about/Contact-Us[/url].

Hi all,

First time poster on this website, I just wanted to see if anyone applied for the Marketing Internship for this upcoming summer of 2016. And if you did, have any of your files been updated?

I’m nervous because I don’t know if I have enough experience, but I think I definitely have a well written resume/cover letter.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I have applied 7 times during the past 2 years, and I have logged in to see my progress and it is saying…

Application submitted: 11/19/14 4:06 AM

which is the first time I ever applied, not my most recent one.

What does this mean! I am paranoid my application hasn’t submitted properly.
It did say the correct date last time I checked though.

Is it worth it to update our portfolios at this point?

I also applied for story and my application got updated today

I applied for Media Systems, and my status was updated February 29th

Just got a rejection email for the Core Software Internship. Trying to remain cautiously optimistic for the other two positions I applied for! Best of luck to everyone waiting for replies :slight_smile:

Heyo, So I checked my application and it says it was updated on the 10th, however that is all I see. Should I see a status liked rejected or accepted, and will I be notified? I applied for the Technical Director Character Artist Internship.

Edit: I did some digging and found that we’ll get a rejection letter, I just wasn’t sure since in their initial e-mail saying they got the application, they would not be able to provide individual feedback and I assumed that also meant rejection letter. I’m still curious about the update though.

You’ll be notified through either phone or email.

Hey guys! :laughing:
I’m new to this site, I figured I join since I am hoping to get an internship at Pixar in the future. I am a sophomore studying animation at SAIC right now but most of what I need to learn I have been teaching myself. I am hoping to at least get a portfolio review from Pixar next year and eventually get into PUP. I have been modeling in Maya for almost a year now but I am just learning to model and rig people. I was wondering if you guys had any tips for me. Pretty much what do I need to learn and how did you learn it so well? I feel pretty on my own with this right now. Thanks in advance!!

Halie :mrgreen:

Hi there! I applied for a summer internship, the Undergraduate program!
Do you know during which dates will it be? It’s between june and august… Someone has any clue?

Thank you! And good luck to everyone :smiley:

Hi Halie!
I’m studying modeling/animation in university. I’ve learn almost everything during classes.
My tips:
-watch lots of tutorials on youtube, try to model objects that you’re familiar with and add lots of details
-ask for reviews (the best way is asking them: “what can I do to make it better?” Cause If you ask “It’s ok? Most people will answer just yes”)
-try to model → rig → animate a character to go through all the pipeline

Hope it helps

Sorry to hear that. How long after your application was updated did you get the rejection letter?

Good luck on the other two positions :slight_smile:

My application was updated a few times. The last update was the same day that I got the email and it hasn’t been updated since.