Pixar Summer Internship 2016

Hey everyone,
I just thought I would share that I was just interviewed a couple days ago for the Systems Mac Team internship. I think it went pretty well. I still haven’t heard anything back about the other internship I applied for with them. They did, however, inform me that decisions for this internship should be done sometime during the week of the 3/29.

Hey everyone! :slight_smile:

From past applicants who have posted here on Pixar Planet, it seems that most of us will receive a response from Pixar around mid-May. Currently, an internship at my college would like me to commit by April, which I hesitate to do without hearing back from Pixar yet (and I assume many others are in the same boat since May is pretty late)…Does anyone know of an email or anyway to contact Pixar Recruiting (could you please reply or send me a PM)? Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!!

And congratulations to those who’ve gotten interviews and best of luck to all :slight_smile:

Awesome! Best of lucks dinonick

You could look up whose the head of the department you’re trying to reach and contact them. Or you could give them a call, somebody in the comments posted the Contact Us information from the site

I say go ahead and update! I don’t know if Pixar will see it but LAIKA’s story internship is due April 1st so send it in there!

[url]https://laika.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.welcome&category_id=85004&company_id=15887&version=2&startflag=1&levelid1=85004[/url]

Has anyone from the Production internship had their applications updated yet?
Mine says 18th of Feb.

Nope not yet. I heard from a recruiter that most of us will hear about our internship statuses in April.

Thanks! :smiley:

Hi everyone! Fellow applicant here.

So when I submitted my application for the Story internship, I received a confirmation email from Pixar that they received my application. However, just after a day the email went missing. Like gone, gone. I don’t know what to make of that.

I’ve checked my Pixar account numerous times and it shows that I applied for the Story Internship (as well as the previous positions I’ve applied in the past). My status got updated a week ago but gathering from the info provided in this forum, I feel a bit uneasy about my application getting lost or not even getting to Pixar. I don’t really know what to think of right now :frowning:

Hey Aiafati,

An email going missing shouldn’t have an affect on your actual application. Once an email is sent there is no way for the sender to retract it or cancel it. It is most likely a problem with whoever your email provider is. You should be fine especially since you mentioned that Pixar has updated your status, but if you are still concerned you could always call them to make sure they received it. I think someone posted the contact info for Pixar earlier on in the thread. I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hey guys,

So I am a Visual Effects Junior at SCAD and submitted an application for multiple internships this summer as well as PUP.
I just received a rejection letter from Pixar for one of the internships. Should I expect more letters for the rest of my applications or is it safe to assume they will not contact me further?

Best,
Joey

Does anybody know if there is a solid date that results of PUP applications are out by? Or even around when they will come out? I have other opportunities that are asking me to accept or reject their programs, but I don’t want to commit to anything until I’ve heard from Pixar

I’m sad you got a rejection letter ramzelle, as thirdchildart said some post ago, the different departments go through the selection process one at the time, so my guess is you’ll recieve a reply from each application, hopefully somebody can confirm this around here

Best of lucks!!! :nerd:

Hey everyone!I’m new to the Forum here and I think this is an awesome place to get together and share information regarding everything Pixar!

I have a few questions and was hoping that anyone here could possibly answer them?

1. I see everyone saying that their status got “updated” I was wondering where exactly it is that you can see this information?

2. Has anyone from the animation internship heard back yet?

3. Are there any past interns on this forum or information about what increased their chances of getting into their selected internship field?

Thanks guys and I’m hoping to hear back as much as everyone here! Good luck everyone!

Hey FindingWall-e, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

[url]http://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj06/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=PIXAR&cws=6[/url] this is where your status can be checked, it doesn’t seem like there is much of a correlation between the status and when people hear back though, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I can’t help you with the other questions unfortunately, best of luck with your application :smiley:

Hello everyone!!!

This is my first year applying, so my hopes could be better (specially since I don’t live in the states). I applied for the Media System Internship and haven’t heard back yet. It says it was updated back on 3/2, but that’s it. Nothing more. Should I worry?

Good luck to everyone!!!

Hey guys!

I applied to the late-added sound internship two weeks ago that they actually just closed today. Anyone else apply or have any experience with it?

Also, does anyone have details on what the housing is like?

Thanks!

Hi guys !

It’s a third year than I apply for the PUP and I would like to know if anyone got some news about it ? Anyone have got an interview ? My statuts was updtate on march the 16th and this wait killing me !

Good luck for evryone :wink:

I applied to PUP as well and my status was updated the 14th. I haven’t heard anything back either! I know last year heard March 28th I believe. So maybe sometime this week?

maybe I hope !! :smiley:

Thanks AlbertFaust for the welcome!

And also thank you for the link, I think it says mine was updated on the 28th but that was me I think updating my profile? Anyway, hopefully if anyone still has any possible answers to my other questions like. If anyone from the animation internship has heard back yet? And if there are any past interns with any information on what helped them get into their selected internship?

Good luck to everyone!