Pixarteers Thread!

Paper cuts like you wouldn’t believe. Mostly on my knuckles. I complain about my job a lot, but really, I don’t mind it. The pay is okay, and it keeps me busy. I’d rather be running files for doctors and putting results in charts than serving food. I can’t work with food, at least not other people’s. The idea of it just grosses me out for some reason, so a McJob is out of the question for me. How about you jessie? Do you you have a job? If you don’t, where would you work given the choice?

Now at my age or in the future?

Sorry I haven’t been here in a while you guys. I’ve been planning my big Disney World trip! I’ll be gone from July 30 to August 10!! I’ll be sure to tell you if anything great happens!! Can’t wait to see Finding Nemo: The Musical!

Oh and about the job evilgenuis27, I would work at a Blockbuster. With my film knowledge I could help customers pick hte perfect film in no time! I would also like to work in a Borders.

:smiley: Have fun at Disney World twitch! I went there two years ago, it’s amazing. If I may offer some advice: stop by a Chapters or other large bookstore and pick up a book called the Official Guide to Disney World: 2010. It tells you the best times to go on each ride, offers great reviews on restaurants and gift shops, and even points out other tourist destinations surrounding Disney World. Honestly, the book was a life saver for us, my dad said it was the best $15.00 he spent on a book. We got to go on Soarin’ 3 times in one day, and we didn’t wait more than 15 minutes each time (to put things in perspective, the average waiting time for Soarin’ is around 3 1/2 - 4 hours).

I’d love to work in a book store, movie rental place, or a shop like EB Games. Obviously there’s the benefit of employee discounts. But also, at some movie stores, they encourage you to watch movies when there are no customers, so you can expand your knowledge of film 8D Perfect job for me!

I guess both, jessie. Where would you work now, given the choice, and what do you plan on doing in the future. This question goes out to all Pixarteers, I’d be interested to know :slight_smile:

I can’t get a job yet, but I’m working on learning to be a draftsman (temporarily, of course) for the architecture firm my dad works at. Most of the programs that I use for my animations they use at the firm (in fact, that’s where I got most of them… otherwise most of the programs would have cost me several hundred dollars), so I knew a little bit about what I was doing when I started. It’s all pretty neat, but not what I plan to do for the rest of my life. :wink: In the future I’m going to be a pastor. :sunglasses:

Yeah the discounts are appealing evilgenuis27 I could expand my Blu-Ray colelction in no time!! And I will be sure to look out for that book! Any way to reduce the amount of time you wait in line is good by me :laughing:

Well right now I would love to work as I guess someone who organizes things. O.o not sure.

In the future, I want to have (as my dream) some type of a music job but I really want to be an astronomer or a geologist. I love science. :smiley:

I like science too! :slight_smile:

Really? :smiley: You’re the second person here that I know likes it! :smiley:

What branch in science do you like? For example: Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Meteorology, Physics, etc.?

Hard to say. I think I like Biology and Chemistry best. :slight_smile:

Hey, I like science too! :wink: :mrgreen:

That makes 3 then! :wink:

I liked Biology a lot last year. :slight_smile: I had a class.

I’m taking Marine Biology this year. I heard it was really easy.

Biology is nice, but chemistry… ugh…

I guess it all really depends on the teacher you have. In my case, my chem teacher easily could be nominated for worst teacher of the year. However, friends who do not do as well as I do in school had great success in chemistry - with another teacher, that is.

All I know is Mr. ________ ruined chemistry for me.

For ever!

Try having a teacher who is friends with your mom and dad… :frowning:

The group is really growing!!! :open_mouth:

I like science, but I agree that hte teacher CAN make or break it. It all depends really. I always enjoyed biology myself.

Creepiest thing to happen during science was when we where dissecting frogs a girl started crying and holding the frog… :confused:

What do you like, ami? :slight_smile: