Presto

It just seems really ironicly hilarious that a magician, the spotlight of the show is getting handed over by a cuddley tiny rabbit.

Well, personally, I never like Tom and Jerry cartoons. They all seemed very similar, and not all that original. Now old Looney Tunes cartoons I loved, because I felt like the characters were a lot more endearing, and the cartoons just seemed to have more personality as a whole. And that’s what I loved about Presto. The gags weren’t generic (they were homages and spins on classic cartoon humor,) I loved the whole magic hat dynamic, the animation was unique, lively, and really fun, and most of all I did love that it was a tribute to classic cartoons. I’m a sucker for old timey characters and settings like that. So the reasons why I liked it might very well be what turned you off, but as a whole I just enjoyed how wacky and full of spirit it was. It got some very heavy laughs out of me. Maybe it’s just because I’m such a big cartoon geek. Could very well not be your thing.

I have to side moreso with those who say it has a more Chuck Jones quality. Just in the way much of the animation is pose-to-pose, and some of the movements are pretty simple.

Oh yeah, sure, I can see that.

But giong back to Presto, isn’t it funny to you guys that a magician is getting sashed and lashed by a bunny? Isn’t the comedic gold there?

Definitely comedic gold! :smiley: I have to say that was an awesome short. Everytime I watched it though, it seemed to go by really fast! Don’t why that is…

Hate to say it, but I still love Lifted better. :laughing: But double thumbs up to this short, for sure!

As for me, these two are tied on my list of favorite Pixar shorts. On some days, I would like Lifted Better. Other days, I go with Presto.

Yeah, makes sense. Moods can change, that’s for sure. :wink:

But hey, both amazing shorts. I just wish that darn Presto was on the Pixar Shorts DVD… So now I can only watch Lifted over and over again, but not Presto! :frowning:

I wish this short didn’t have to be approximately 5 minutes since it’s a theatrical short, the gags were a bit too fast, but I can understand why. It was still awesome in every way, from the beggining to the end. Alec was hilarious, and the Walt Disney Pictures opening was gold, and Presto was so classic! Two thumbs up, although I like Lifted better.

this was a really cute little short, but i wasn’t amazed.

What didn’t you like about it TS2?

well, the story wasn’t great, and it was just too darn nauseatingly cute!

Hmm, I don’t know. I lved the story. And the cuteness wasn’t nauseating as well. It fitted perfectly. BUt that’s just my opinion.

Ha-ha! Well, I saw Presto and I have to admit that it positively reeks of nostalgia. It is now officially my second favorite Pixar Animation Studios short film, right below Lifted. To say that it was nice to see a Bugs Bunny-esque cartoon again is an understatement… :wink:

– Mitch

I love it for every reason I love Teddy Newton’s drawings … even though I really haven’t seen that much of those, but still. It’s just the pure wackiness. I know he couldn’t have been the only input, but I can’t help but think of his cartoons when I look at it. Doug Sweetland’s direction was of course fantastic too. I dunno, I guess I just think it’s a really fun short. Thasaboutit.

I thought Presto was a great short film! I bought it on iTunes. :slight_smile:

~~ JOHN•E

It’s a good buy if you’re not annoyed by the fact that it’ll be on the Wall-E dvd.

Why would that annoy you?

Because you’d be paying for it again.

It’s only two bucks, I know. I just don’t like buying things multiple times. It’s really a non-issue, though.

I really loved Presto- it had the whole cinema roaring with laughter! It’s amazing how Pixar manage to take an idea that we’re all reasonably familiar with and manage to turn it into something amazing, sweet, and funny. They did it all properly as well, with those amazing stylized ending credits. I definitely prefer Presto over Lifted- Lifted was perhaps a tad predictable, but Presto just kept going and going!

The only negative thing I have to say it’s that it went by too quickly! Unlike Lifted, which seemed almost too slow, Presto zoomed off into a world of slapstick comedy, and then stopped all too suddenly.

But it’s a credit to Pixar that I’ve been left wanting more!