Princess

Why doesn’t he like Belle? She’s awesome! :slight_smile:

I defintely am!

I think if that happens, they’ll have princesses for all the colors of the rainbow! Oh wait- no, we would need an Indian one. :slight_smile:

I agree entirely. She’s like my favorite Disney character ever. But my dad hates her. And Ariel. Really, any character that he thinks is Feminist at all(except Mulan, what a hypocrite) he despises.

My favorite is Rapunzel; out of all the Disney Princesses, she reminds me of me the most.

Wow I really hate this thread. Sometimes I forget how stupid I used to act. XD I still say Belle and Rapunzel, then Ariel and Jasmine in second.

I just read somewhere that Queen Elsa from Frozen will be joining the Disney Princess line and I’m thinking to myself “Wait, Elsa is queen, so why is she going to be in the line?”… Than again, Mulan is in the line and she’s not even royalty. :unamused:

I assume by the film’s end she will stop being the Snow Queen, in that she’ll become good again and re-join Arendelle. As for Mulan it’s for marketing purposes. If you ask her at the Disney parks, she said that when the Emperor gave her the medallion he welcomed her into royalty. Plus socially marrying a general practically would make you royalty. Personally I like Mulan and would be sad if they didn’t make merchandise of her anymore, so it never bothered me.

It’s been speculated that in real life Mulan became one of the emperor’s concubines, thereby making her a princess of sorts. But it’s safe to assume this does not play into the Disney version. XD

Well then who takes up the responsibility of ruling the kingdom? Why does being a queen automatically have to make you evil?

Her parents are already the King and Queen. She was never the queen, she becomes the Snow Queen and moves up to the mountain. Nobody said Queens were evil. What about Queen Elinor? Rapunzel’s Mother? Aurora’s Mother?

She does have a coronation, but Anna’s “mess up” brings it to a halt by showing Elsa’s ice powers. At the end of the movie, maybe Elsa will be the Queen. But she’s a Princess at the beginning, and they want as many Princesses for their line up as possible.

Well anyways, I’d like to see other kinds of princesses. Not just of different races, but maybe a plus sized princess, a princess with a disability, a gay or a transgendered princess, etc.

I’m all for a Hispanic princess, an Indian(from India) princess, and maybe a princess with Down Syndrome.

I thought I was weird as a boy because when I saw the princess films, I thought they were actually the funniest of all the Disney films! The side characters like the dwarfs and the mice and the fairies cracked me up. However, I loved the actual princesses as well. All beautiful, nice, and thoughtful. I really can’t choose a favorite.

I don’t think that’s weird at all! When I was little I mostly liked boy things, though I did have obsessions with Jasmine, Ariel and Pocahontas.

Is it possible for a moderator to delete the poll on this thread? Pleaseee XD

Now that would be interesting! I like to think a Hispanic princess will come along eventually. A princess with any sort of disability sounds cool but I don’t know that they would tackle it, unless it could be made directly relevant to the plot in some way (and even then they might be afraid of offending someone since that’s so easy to do :frowning: )

That’s true. They likely wouldn’t do Down Syndrome anyway, because they like their heroines to have a certain look. I still think it’s a cool idea though.

Oh, okay. I don’t think so now, I just used to think I was odd. :laughing:

What I find odd is this classification of boy things and girl things. I disagree most of the time, as the things are enjoyable to anyone!

For sure! I liked all the Disney movies with male protagonists as well as female. I think guys who appreciate Disney girls are rad, too. :slight_smile:

Yay! I never understood why boys and girls always had to be against each other as kids. That used to annoy me.

Well, I do think the future princess ideas sound good. I’m all for a Latina princess as well. And the idea of a princess with down syndrome is also a unique idea, I hope something as ambitious as that can happen one day. I thought it would be interesting if they made a story about a princess and a castle servant who were the same age and best friends their whole lives, somewhat in the vein of Pixar buddy pictures, but obviously the princess genre. Because they were born a certain person, problems can come in the way once they become young adults. From there, I bet a good story might arise from there…