Ratatouille on Blu Ray?

Yes, it is. You should want a BD player and a 1080p TV for it! :wink:

True that. But if we’re aiming high…

[url]http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/07/kipnis-studio-standard-home-theater-shows-what-6-million-can-bu/[/url]

(note the movie choice :slight_smile: )

or at least the newest Pioneer Kuro panel and Elite BDP. Yum.

I own Ratatouille & WALL•E on Blu-ray, but I’m not watching it to the highest quality because we don’t have a 1080p TV… just an HP Touchsmart PC (27" - which is huge anyways!!) with a Blu-ray player in it. The picture is still amazing, but I have yet to watch it on a huge screen TV.

And to watch it, we like to hook it up to our surround system, but we have to move it into the den and put it up on a stand, and the computer is heavy - not to mention the fact that my mom uses it for work and for my brother’s school - so we don’t move it in there very often. I have yet to watch the commentaries of both. I can’t get high-quality screenshots either, because it won’t allow it. (Curse copywrighted material…!)

Anyways… I love watching it on Blu-ray. :smiley: And yes it is very sad for those who just don’t have the money to get a Blu-ray player, because everyone is missing out on a lot. :angry: (Well, we kind of had to get the computer because my mom’s laptop shuts off randomly, and all of her shop stuff is on it… :open_mouth: not cool)

Well, I finally bought Ratatouille on Blu-Ray just so I could have it, even though my family and I haven’t bought a Blu-Ray player yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not a bad deal if you’ve only got $6 million. :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

What people will spend their money on, I tell ya’. That’s pretty neat, though. (heh)

– Mitch

Who let them into my home so they could take those pictures?! :open_mouth:

:laughing:

Mitch- Haha, only you would buy Ratatouille on Blu-ray without having a Blu-ray player. :laughing: At least they’re getting much cheaper now!

lizardgirl - Ha! Yeah, I know. The geekdom is fully apparent. And I got it cheap – the price tag on the thing said $30.00, but I bought it for, like, $22.00! Quite a bargain. Also, I actually purchased that Blu-Ray disc because I know that some of them will play on a computer if you have the right software for it. Alas, I was disappointed. Oh well. At least I have it! :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Puh-ha!! You shouldn’t have said that. Everyone on here is going to be buying plane tickets for England now. :laughing:

– Mitch

Mitch… you’re too awesome!! :smiley: Even I probably wouldn’t have bought the Blu-ray without an adequate player… go you!! LOL

I think, depending on the computer, you can buy a new one with a blu-ray player installed. That’s what we got for our HP Touchsmart computer. (It’s not quite like watching it on a 52" plasma TV, but it will get us by until we can get one of those!)

Wait… I think I’ve already said this… :blush:

little chef

Mitch-you’re not alone, though FWIW, I got it because I found out a friend of mine for a Samsung BDP1500, and she’s also really into Ratatouille (saw it 3 times in theatres), so we’re going to watch the commentary together.

I finally get to hear it!

Now I am one of those University Students who blew student loans and earned monies toward surviving University lives bought a Small HDTV and Demanded Ratatouille on Blu Ray (Along with the Pixar Shorts) for last valentines day. I instantly put it on and enjoyed the Cine-Explore feature after watching it on the Cars Blu Ray just days before.

The Graphics had me in instant astoundment and just wet my appetite for the rest of the Pixar Releases to be placed on Blu Ray… With the Toy Story and Monsters Inc Movies causing me great anticipation.

red - Ha-ha. Well, thanks! The only bad thing about geekdom is that it soemtimes goes too far. Although, I guess that’s not a bad thing in itself. :laughing:

That was my original intention, since my family’s computer has a program on it that will play not only DVDs, but also various Blu-Ray discs. Unfortunately, Ratatouille wasn’t one of them.
So you’re saying that you can actually buy a computer with a real Blu-Ray player installed in it? Interesting. I’ve never heard of that before. Hmm. Well, thanks for the tip! That’s cool that you guys have a computer that will play those kinds of discs. :smiley:

nubetre - Awesome! I’m glad I’m not alone in this. (snigger)

– Mitch

Finally had the full Cine-Explore experience today, and it’s awesome. The integration of documentaries, deleted scenes, and other extras into excellent commentary by the Brads really does work remarkably well.

That said…

I understand it would cannibalize BD sales, but I would like to see a Ratatouille Special Edition multi-disc release with at least the commentary and some bonus materials.

The quality, especially on a nice screen, is still exemplary, and does help justify buying a BD player, though having seen the commentary at this point, and owning a pretty well-tuned 480p DVD setup on not-too-big a screen already, it will take a bit more of a price drop for me to take the jump.

I just won an auction at eBay. Ratatouille/Pixar Shorts vol.1 set for only ÂŁ14.99.

Received it today and I am able to take screenshots from the movie if anyone wants them. :sunglasses:

So, when Cars and Ratatouille were released on single-disc DVDs with an astonishing lack of bonus features–most notably lengthy documentaries and commentaries–I wanted to curl up in the corner of my room and weep. I was so confused. So scared. What was this? My Pixar would do this to me? The same Pixar who presented a plethora of special features on their past 2-disc DVDs? And then I figured… Blu-Rays! @#$^%!

My mom bought a new VAIO, which was advertised as being able to play Blu-Ray discs but ended up being unfortunately misleading. However, before I was aware that the software designated to play Blu-Ray movies would not actually WORK (and it costs about $100 to upgrade… makes sense!), I went on a spending spree at Best Buy. Basically, I got the majority of the Disney/Pixar exclusive steelbooks and this magnificent and bulky Snow White collector’s gift set I had been eyeing for some time. I was pretty crushed when I couldn’t watch any of these!

But! This weekend, my dad surprised me with an offer to buy me a 1080p flatscreen TV for my dorm and a Blu-Ray player as my birthday gift, which I was planning on doing at the end of the year with leftover money from summer work (and I woulda been broke afterwards fo sho). He knew I was dying to watch all the special features and hear the commentaries. And I finally, FINALLY got to watch Ratatouille with Bird’s commentary! YESSSSSSSS! The picture was a delight, as well. Also, did the RIP deleted scenes make anyone else laugh so hard it hurt?

Now, I’m not going to switch over all of my movies to Blu-Ray, as that would cost quite a pretty penny considering how many animated movies I own (100+). But I will definitely purchase all future new Disney/Pixar releases on Blu-Ray. Not sure about other films yet… It has to be something that’s beautiful and/or has special features I want to watch.

Watching Ratatouille with Cine-Explore is really a must. In fact, all the Pixar movies with Cine-Explore (i.e. Up) should be a staple for any Pixar fan. :slight_smile:

I will have to try out Cine-explor Phileas. I’ve never used it before.

This is a question for anybody who has the Ratatouille Blu-ray, which just got rereleased with new cover art and a BD/DVD combo. Does anybody else have trouble playing the cine-explore features, as it the video only plays about 1/6th the size on the upper left hand corner of the screen? I emailed Disney Home Entertainment customer support and they told me to get an update for my player even though it was already fully updated, and then told me that the video was supposed to play in the corner of the screen, but I don’t think it is. I just want to know if other people have the same issue.

Ratatouille is amazaing on Blu-Ray. It looks great on DVD but it is much better on Blu-Ray.
@TheIncredible. I only watched a little bit of Ratatouille wih Cine-Explore but I did see it get into the first documentary which should (and did on my one) cover as much of the screen as the film itself (maybe with a slightly less Widescreen aspect ratio). But I have the release that is released in New Zealand and only has a Blu-Ray disc without the DVD. But I would assume that the Cine-Explore features (Documentary Shorts, Animation Briefings, so on) would play the same and be the same size on all the different region releases.

@pixarmilan, interesting. I contacted Disney, and they said that there wasn’t any known issues with the Ratatouille Blu-ray. I think the issue is with my Blu-ray player; although it’s fully updated and a recently purchased, I did read something about some players having the special features playback issue. Thanks for your help!

@TheIncredible your welcome. I hope everything gets sorted in the end.