Release date in Australia

Wow.

[spoiler]Even knowing the contents of the prologue beforehand, it still hit me like a brick wall. It’s astounding just how quickly the film reaches that level of emotion using only visuals and score. So much so that pretty much every time a callback to Ellie is made later on in the film, I started tearing up all over again.

On the other end of the scale (and they move between the two so seamlessly), the humour hits it out of the park. Writing the dog dialogue in a way a dog might actually talk was a stroke of genius; I was laughing to pretty much every one of Dug’s lines.[/spoiler]

I wanna see it agaaain.

Me too, watkizez! :smiley: Pixar has done it again, it was sooo awesome! I’m typing out my review and crowd report as of now…

Man, what a day. Threw a small post-Up party afterwords… I went to Hornsby, and they were only showing it in 2D, but I’m watching it in 3D on the 17th.

Crowd report
: PACKED. Every single seat was taken. Literally. Maybe because there were a few groups of children having their party to watch Up. How awesome would that be if I did that when I was a kid…

Opinion: One word: wow. I didn’t really expect much from the film due to the mediocre marketing portraying the film as not a biggie, but man, was I blown away. It’s jampacked with so much emotion… Not for the unemotional, I must add. I thought I could resist, but no - I cried in two scenes:[spoil] the Married Life montage & “Things I want to do/Go on and have a new adventure” scene later on in the film[/spoil].

And, to wrap it all off… Mr. Paperbiscuit (Ronnie Del Carmen) responded to tweet of my complements of the film… hehehe :slight_smile:

ffdude- sorry I wasn’t able to join you on Skype (due to aforementioned post-Up party). I did get your message through Twitter though.

Wow, it’s so much fun, reading everyone’s first-trip reactions! I’m looking forward to seeing more reviews.

That’s fine, Rachel and I chatted a bit about it. I’m glad to hear you liked it. I’d still like to discuss it with you on skype at some point, I can’t stop talking about it, even after 29 times, XD

And yeah, the film is SO powerful, it’s really amazing. I cried at both those parts, but the second one stands out in particular, that’s my favorite scene, and I have yet to avoid bawling when I watch it. There’s 2 more parts I cry at, being [spoil]The campfire scene, and the Ellie badge scene[/spoil] those are really great.

Why do I not have a surprised feeling? LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

I also saw it yesterday, and I think that this is one of their best films to date. (I would say what beats it but I don’t want to be contraversial). I tried my best thoughout those two sequences to fall into the emotions however, failed… …I was close though.

(yeah, I’m sorta new, don’t post that much.)

Welcome, joshlama! Well, don’t worry if you didn’t achieved the ‘desired emotions’, different people react differently to certain scenes. Although my tears welled in the opening sequence, I didn’t really cry or anything, partly because I had a feeling I knew what was coming, so I sort of expected it. And I didn’t shed a tear for the [spoil]‘Have Your Own Adventure’[/spoil] scene, although I was deeply touched.

Thanks for the welcome!

I do have one thing to point at, and I’m not sure if it was just my cinema, but where I went, they didn’t show ‘Partly Cloudy’, I will make plans (during the holidays) to see it again (in 2D, for free, using Cinabuzz points) and see if it will be shown then. otherwise I hope it’ll be on the DVD

There’s no doubt it’s gonna be on the DVD, every one comes with the accompanying short. No worries.

Aww, you didn’t cry TDIT? At least you got that emotional feeling, that second scene you mentioned is killer for me. Well both actually, but the second one gets me more. Some of the most beautiful segments in film.

I’m not sure what the issue was, but I remember some folks here in the US not getting “Partly Cloudy” before Up. I saw PC every time (8 trips) - but it was always in the same cineplex.

I don’t have the link at hand to the DVD/Blu-Ray info, but Pixar has always put the accompanying short that ran in the theatre on the home release of each feature.

joshlama: You’re welcome! I take it you attended a Greater Union (now renamed “Event Cinemas”, ooh boy) screening since you referred to the membership as Cinebuzz? They also didn’t show PC for me too, though I take it they had time constraints due to the technical stuff-up. BTW, that’s my plan too. Having supported Pixar with a 3D ticket purchase, I also plan to rope in my friends for a 2D session and redeem mine for free using my points. :mrgreen:

ffdude1906: Maybe cos’ I was too excited seeing it for the first time, that I found it hard to get into the ‘emotional rhythm’ of the movie. But yeah, maybe those flood gates will open when I go for the repeat viewing having known the plot beforehand now. :stuck_out_tongue:

karly05: Woah, 8 times! :open_mouth: You guys are really bona-fide fans!

Oh, no, I am small potatoes compared to some here! :wink: 8 times is nothing!

Watch Up 8 times in theaters is quite something karly05.
Me only 6 times already (thinking going on 10th this week) - minus viewings on my laptop. :smiley:

But you can catch up though! And I just can’t wait for the DVD+Digital Copy! :smiley::smiley:

TDIT: Please for go the 2nd time! I bet the Kleenex fully wet. LOL

Like ffdude1906 once said, watch the movie in 2D is farrrrr better than 3D. I find it hard to cry in 3D.

LOL, no, I’m not going to try to catch up! (Although Up is playing in the “bargain/second run” theatre here now.) I’m waiting for the Blu-Ray now, especially since I’ve already spent money on a BR player (and I want to buy that Pixarpedia book! And my Up Calendar!)

With Up landing in NSW tomorrow, theatres across the state are gearing up to bring Pixar’s latest adventure to as wide an audience as possible! :slight_smile:

Larger view
Event Cinemas doesn’t have any promotions, but it has pulled out all the stops by booking all its VMax showtimes this week exclusively for Up in 3-D. I have never seen this being done for a film before, usually they show two films at a time for VMax. Furthermore, Funny People was just released last week, and is already ‘downgraded’ to normal theatre halls to make way for Up. There are also no 2D showings (which means I can’t use my Cinebuzz points for repeat viewings :frowning:), probably to reap as much money for the 3-D premium from eager audiences.
You can also see they have changed their watermark banner to the poster of Up. :wink:

Larger view
Hoyts is holding a ‘Greatest Adventure’ promotion drive where patrons can enter a competition where they can win “one of ten $500 Adrenalin Flexi vouchers.”

Larger view
A quick check on their promotional partner’s website reveals they’re holding a similar contest to win one of six adventure experiences and double passes. If you purchase any of the ‘adventure experiences’, you get the double pass automatically (while stocks last, of course).

Larger view
Finally, Reading Cinemas is holding a competition to win Up prize packs, but to enter, you must be a member of their ‘Reel Club’.

The wait is almost over, Sydney! :sunglasses:

Thumbs “Up”* for Sydney’s public release tomorrow! I’m hoping to watch it in 3D over the weekend. :smiley:

*Up pun # 3205.

Sweet! You guys down there can finally watch it again,… and again,… and again

and again, again, again, again, again, again?, again, again and this will keeps coming til the end of the world I guess - again, again, again. LOL spamish.

Hehe, sorta. I gotta hear from Rachel about it again once she sees it a second time, she said she needed another viewing to really form an opinion. :smiley: