Sequels

I too don’t feel there’s a need for a Monster’s Inc. or Wall-E sequel. :sunglasses:

Nathan: First of all, how did you change your screen name? :astonished: Secondly, you have a point. I liked WALL•E by itself. A sequel would probably overdoing it.

Amen to that nathan. i totally agree with you.

I think that Monsters Inc. could esaily be sequaled. It leaves off with a narrow finish (good ending) but it leaves a funnel like approach to any sequal. It could just expand so rapidly.

I’m even thinking of writing a sequal for Monsters…after The Incredibles of course.

I had a little chat to Dash and PV. :sunglasses:

what was it origianlly

Nathan?

yes, it was Nathan, but it had my last name on it too. But now I prefer not to mention it. Read that post I made about what it was first like when I started on Pixar Planet. :sunglasses:

Ahhh…yes last names are very secret…

I will be over the moon if I find out that Pixar are creating a Monsters Inc 2. I hope that Pixar continue to create Toy story movies.

I agree with you there azzstar, not the monster’s inc. part but the toy story part, if they could do like what they’ve done with Toy Story 3, separated the release ages away from the first one. That way, everyone will keep liking toy story through out the decades. you know what I mean :question: :sunglasses:

TIme to resurrect this thread.

I notice people have been talking a lot about sequels with TS3 coming up real soon. SOme people love sequels, some believe most Pixar films ended perfectly the way it did, other hate sequels.

What is your opinion. SHould Pixar do sequel? Why or why not? What must be needed in a sequel?

I still say that when Pixar decides to do sequels I trust them to do a good job with it. I’ll wait till these movies come out and then judge them once I’ve seen em. As long as they dont go overboard and start making cheap direct to video sequels (god forbid!) or start making a sequel to every movie they’ve made I’m alright with it.

I think they shouldn’t do sequels except from Toy Story of course but i still don’t know why they’re doing Cars 2, two peolpe from the cast sadly died… :frowning:
In ABL, Monsters Inc., Nemo, Ratatouille it’s a happily ever after.
As for The Incredible’s it will always be superhero stuff like a bad guy coming in the city but i’m sure Pixar might know how to manage a good story for that …
And For Wall-e there is absolutely no need for a sequel all is shown in the end…

Do I prefer sequels over original films? No. So that pretty much dictates my decision. That’s not to say that any sequel is automatically going to be bad, just that I’d have preferred an original film in its place.

To me, I think a sequal is needed only when I start expanding onto the story. Like with Cars. Ever since I watched it, I was expanding on what could happen in the future. But with a movie like Wall-E, I was all, “That ended well. It doesn’t really have much to expand on from what I can tell.” But that’s just what I think. But it also depends on the studio doing the sequal, for obvious reasons coughDreamworkscough! :slight_smile: Some studios do the sequals waaaayyy too much and practically kill the movie. Which Pixar will never do!!

The only thing I’m worried about with Cars 2 is the fact that it is a different director, and I don’t think he’s had any experience directing for Pixar if my memory serves right. The fact that Cars was John Lasseter’s “baby” makes me feel a little shaky about the new director. But he should be good if he’s taking over the director’s chair for the sequal. I don’t think John Lasseter would just trust anyone with Cars 2 unless they knew what they were doing.

Also, I know that Paul Newman and George Carlin’s parts in Cars will be replaced well. I know for a fact that people can imitate voices. I’m a little good at saying Doc’s lines from the movie (I can’t do anything else!) so we’ll just have to see. Besides, the guy who played as Doc in the Maternational video game was pretty good at it. Way better than Lightning’s replacement for the game. . .

Well, I’m blabbing on and on about Cars again. Why didn’t I see that one coming!? I’ll just shut up and let you all get on with your lives.

I heared there making a sequel of a movie in 2013, I think its The Incribles (don’t freak out TSS) :laughing:

Actually, I think it may be the rumored Monster’s Inc. 2. That’s just my bet. There is a better chance of it being that than The Incredibles 2 (which- no offense to any TI lover- would be the only Pixar movie I don’t wanna see).

If any Pixar movie deserves a sequel, it is The Incredibles. Brad Bird ended the movie with such a cliffhanger that he indirectly hints a sequel.

The Star Swordsman: Did Brad Bird leave it at a cliff hanger or did he do what Every comic book movie does… Leave it open ended as a way of showing and abusing of the genre…

I’d love to see an Incredibles sequel… and I am one of the first people to champion a good Comic Book Movie and demand its Sequel…
… but I think with the whole games and then the Comic books I remember hearing about… Continuing with the plot of the Underminer might be a bit “already done” (although I’ve not read the story of the “Rise of the Underminer” Game)

And critically thinking… I’m not sure If I can actually see grounds for a Monsters Inc Sequel… although I’d love to see all the old characters back… and so would the little Girl I nicknamed as Boo when the movie first came out!

Toy Story: Of course, they’re making it’s third already.
Bugs Life: Not really.
Monsters Inc.: Definetly.
Finding Nemo: This one is up in the air, as exploration of the sea is mostly what they wanted to show here.
The Incredibles: Another one unsure of. The ending of the movie was a cliffhanger, like most comics, but it was for the game that came out involving the Underminer. But it’s still sequel worthy.
Cars: Didn’t really need a sequel, but the around-the-world idea gives it up to being worthy.
Ratatouille: This one ended on a good note…unsure what could be a sequel…unless Remy’s mother has a large story…
Wall-E: This one might have a prequel, but overall the story ended on a good note.