Something EXTREMELY Weird About Marlin & Dory!

Yeah I dont see the need to pair Dory up with anyone. All she needed was friend, a companion, which she found in Marlin. And I certainly never thought she should pair up with him. I think that would be a little cliche to pair her with a mate, especially Marlin. Just because we’ve got 2 singles of the opposite gender, doesnt mean they would need to be made a couple.

lennonluvr9:

Im with ya on what you say head-on

:wink:

But of course if it was not for Father of Nemo losing his son, than Marlin would have never been able

to meet Dory in the course of the movie.

I know Director Andrew Stanton had or never thought about

anything like that between Marlin and Dory becoming romantics.
And I know Mr. Stanton will never think about

doing something like that either if a continuation to his thoughts and work of his FN is made.

That part always confuses me. At the end of the movie she was obviously part of Nemo’s family, but how? I would certainly not like to think that she was “paired up” with Marlin, but it’s also weird to think that Marlin would “adopt” Dory. I’m just guessing she was just like their…friend, or something. :confused:

A113- I think she’d probably end up as a very close family friend. I can’t see her becoming Nemo’s ‘mother’ or anything, but with her almost child-like mind, I can see the two of them getting on more like brother and sister! And as for Dory and Marlin’s relationship, yeah, they’d probably just stay best friends or something. It wouldn’t surprise me if Dory and/or Marlin managed to find new partners of their own, or something more along those lines.

Yeah, I agree. I think Dory is kind of the Buzz Lightyear to Marlin’s Woody, not the Lightning McQueen to Marlin’s Sally. :laughing:

I think you guys are right. And I hope you are, because I’m not so confused anymore :slight_smile: .

lizardgirl:

I do very much agree with you on the part of Dory being a great family friend for Marlin and Nemo and also with her relationship with Nemo.
But as for the part with Marlin, She Is, a very close and likely personal friend to Marlin. But I dont believe at all that they would find new partners and such. From what I have seen of Dory (If you look at her very closely, especially in the movie), is very happy that she has somebody that she can hang onto and this I believe, would very much apply to Marlin as well. After so long Marlin had been with her on the journey they both went through, how could he ever want to seperate from Dory, in some way?
Of course, as many people here on PP who support Finding Nemo and Marlin and Dory agree that they should not move their relationship at all into a romantic one, I so very much too.
But I do want to state that with all honesty, Dory Is a part of Marlin’s life no matter how you favour this.

Just something I wanted to add. I gotta admit, when i first saw the movie, when Dory was saying to Marlin “I look at you and I -” I was half expecting her to say “I’m in love” but I knew in my head that probably wasnt it. :wink:

Yeah, me too. just can’t help to think that Dory fell in love when I watch the scene. But now, when I think of this, I think she wanted to say that she never found a true friend. Someone who wouldn’t abandon her because of her childish way or her bad memory. Marlin was with her since Nemo was kidnapped and he never abandoned her. Okay, he wanted that she leaves, but I think it’s because he did not want to put her in danger, just like a friend would do.

I never saw much in terms of a ‘romantic spark’ between Marlin and Dory.

I find nothing wrong with a friendship building between them, which I felt worked strongly. There’s nothing wrong with a guy having female friends. I do. But then, I’m usually always ‘the friend,’ aka ‘the nice guy.’

What I like is PIXAR does not see the need to always have growing love interests. I thought when I saw ‘Toy Story 2,’ they were going to do the typical animation thing as in ‘new female character=magnetic attraction to lead male.’ Thankfully, they kept Jessie from going into some crazy crush on Woody.

Oh, yes, thankfully. whew

THANK YOU! CANT TWO CHARACTERS OF DIFFERENT GENDERS BE FRIENDS WITHOUT PEOPLE YELLING COUPLE i think marlin and coral where meant to be, so dory wouldnt be his new mate[/b]

Wow, I thought I replied to this. :confused:

Anyways I can’t see them as a couple, just as friends. People always have to make romance out of something like friendship. :stuck_out_tongue: I know, 'cause I’ve done it with certain fandoms, lol! Sure friendship’s a shoe-in for something more, but in Marlin and Dory’s case, I really don’t see it working out.

Someone way back when Finding Nemo came out had written some interesting fic about Dory and Gill, that she was Gill’s girlfriend or whatever before losing her memory and forgetting who she was. I can see that working actually, considering the fact Gill’s from the ocean and Dory, well, can’t remember much at all. :stuck_out_tongue:

applause

thank you! thank you very much! bows

Rac_Rules: No, no, no, thank you for showing that I made a mistake in my code. LOL :laughing:

At the end of the movie I always saw Dori as a close family friend, not a mate for Marlin. I think its a little odd to think of them as a couple. I have a close family friend that I’ve known all my life and as been really close to me because my mom has been best friends with her since high school and I always saw Dori like that.

i totally thought they were going to fall in love :stuck_out_tongue: i can see it being a highly dysfunctional relationship, though. maybe doryyy has a little crush!!

um…they weren’t made a couple

Not in the movie, but some fans are tagging them as a couple. :shake: