Spambots

It honestly doesn’t matter which one you choose, because what happens is all we see is the report icon, so we go to the page and lock/move/delete the topic. All the report feature really does on our end is visually notify us of a spam thread. However, if it were a specific post we would go to check and see what the post was and deal with it from there.

little chef

I think WebSquadFJT is a spammer.

Thanks. He’s been dealt with already.

Someone please ban Slipleamisp. This one is annoying.

I’m glad to hear that the mods are trying everything they can to get rid of these spambots. The more recent ones though have been very irritating.

Yes, Ballboi is right. It’s good that you guys point them out in this thread, but usually we’ve already identified them, deleted their posts or the topics they created, and alerted the other mods. Unfortunately at this point, the rest of us moderators are at the mercy of TSS, who is one of our only active members with banning power at the moment. Hopefully soon, more of us will have the ability to ban so we don’t go for such long lengths of time waiting for one person to ban the spam accounts.

Thank you all again for your continued patience and assistance in taking care of these spambots. It’s much appreciated! :slight_smile:

little chef

I think they do need to make more Globle Mods. Star said he won’t be on as much so spammers got more os a chance od spamming. I tihnk a couple mods should be made into globle mods and a couple od reguler members be made into mods.

Pixarfan makes a good point. I think a couple of the current mods should be made into global mods. It should be more easier to get rid of the spammers with TSS and TDIT gone.

someone should contact Philleas or another admin.

I’ve already presented that idea to Phileas a long time ago. We don’t need any more mods, we just need more mods who can ban. :wink:

Phileas promised some mods an “upgrade”, but has been busy and I hate to bother him all the time, since he is a busy person and has a life and can’t always attend to us immediately.

However, with the spammers becoming this thick, I think I will probably have to continually bring it up with him lest he forgets that it’s a real issue.

little chef

How ironic. A spammer on the spambots topic. :-| :-\

Yes, how ironic is that. 8D

Now all’s we need is a troll on a troll topic. We don’t really get trolls I think.

Oh, I’d say we have a troll problem. We have one resident troll at the moment.

I think that too, Virginia.

It’s just difficult to prove it’s a troll 8D

The funny thing is, I’m 99% true we’re talking about the same creep. 8D But yes, it is hard. Because some times(rarely) the stuff he says almost makes sense and doesn’t sound like unintelligible bi*tching.

There was a problem with trolls on a website I used to go on :angry: I don’t even know why they do it :imp:

Yes, I suspect we’re talking about the same thing.

I say just keep an eye on them for know. If they so more report them.

There arn’t many spammers anymore. Back in September there were like 5 a day. I hope I just didn’t jinx the site.

Hi everyone, I realize we just had a major flood of spambot activity and for that, I sincerely apologize. It looks like I’m one of the only mods that ever returns to check on things every so often, and there’s a lot going on in my life so I’m not able to tend to the site like I used to. This last wave of spam was pretty bad and I did see that some of you had reported some of the threads, but there really were a ton of them.

So, on behalf of the Pixar Planet moderators, I sincerely apologize for not keeping up with making sure the boards are as spam-free as possible. I believe I’ve cleaned up all of it and have blocked the spambot usernames and IPs. If you see any other questionable activity or boards/posts, please feel free to contact me. :wink:

Thanks, and happy posting!

little chef