Speculations for Wall-E sequel

Res’ing this old thread. And for good reason.

Last poster: that’s very true TribalFan. I’ve been thinking about Wall-E prequel stories for several years now and early Wall-E’s relative lack of personality is a real limitation in a picture that has to have action.

Moving on now. In the past few years the sequels to Monsters and Nemo, especially to Nemo, after the failure of Carter has pushed forward a possibly likely sequel for our little yellow Tonka friend. Here is a fairly recent report:

movie.answers.wikia.com/wiki/Wil … e_wall-e_2
wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_there_goin … a_wall-e_2

Especially notice the comments of John Lassiter. While Stanton takes care not to make a slip, Lassiter is more wordy. Stanton says that a sequel “can” be made, as if he was in the wood shed over Carter and had to ask for permission, like a hall pass or such, or it’s technically possible to make another one. Well, lol, of course it is, this tells us nothing we don’t already know! Here is Johnny Coldwater on the idea, especially if you thought that Cars2 and Monsters University weren’t exceptionally great films - good, but not great:

hitfix.com/in-contention/pix … nd-sequels

Just to be fair I linked that one. Some links from certified big shots aren’t so clear:

leakynews.com/pixar-set-for-more-sequels/

Ok, we’ve heard from Lassiter, Catmull, Iger, and the former Johnny Icewater himself, Andrew Stanton (whose birthday is coming up in less than a week, btw). Most importantly is that these are quotes from the past year and NOT from a week after the premiere in 2008, where Stanton wanted people to focus on his next foray. Let me repeat what Lindsey Collins and Jim Morris, the producers, said after their award at a ceremony 5 years ago. When asked if there was going to be something more on the Wall-E story coming from Pixar/Disney, they instantly and enthusiastically said “Yes!” It wasn’t “Would you like to see more?” by the way.

Get over it. If Pixar can come up with a good script they are going to make another Wall-E. There are so many possibilities that it shouldn’t be too hard avoiding a conflict with the ending of the first film, which is like up to 900 years in the future (100 years before the Axiom lifts off + 700 year cruise + 100 years for the oak tree to grow). The Brain Tust isn’t going to say “OMG DontArgueWitMeA113 with 18,000 posts over at PixarPlanet says NO to a sequel, panic time”. It doesn’t matter how hard you huff and puff and stomp up and down and worship a misinterpretation of Stanton’s remarks 5 years ago… there is likely going to be a sequel/prequel.

My inner critic screams “NO” but my inner fangirl screams “PLEASE”.