Spotting Wall-e reference in Ratatouille

Has anyone spotted Wall-e in Ratatouille ?
Grazie

The thing is, we have only seen trailers, so we have ourselves little idea of what to look for.

There should be a reference to either WALL-E or Up (a human character from Up in Ratatouille, maybe?), in Ratatouille since Pixar have referenced future films like that, before. That would be really neat.

A little robot, maybe…

Perhaps a cockroach.

I don’t know of any if the movie itself but WALL-E is in Your Friend the Rat.

That’s old news.

Your Friend the Rat

~~=oP

clabot2700: So far, that is the only thing we know of that resembles a Wall-E reference. But I don’t think we have a clue of anything else yet.

:confused: Dude, you’re only repeating yourself.

~~=oP

Well he is in Your Freind The Rat.

Yes, you can find WALL•E driving the bus on Mars in Your Friend the Rat, but that’s not exactly a Ratatouille in-joke or anything. I don’t think there is one, but I am not (like the Pizza Planet truck not being in TI) 100% sure. I’ll look for you, though!

Why was the WALL-E reference in YFTR repeated over and over, doesn’t anyone read previous posts anymore?

Surprised you didn’t use your famous phrase. XD

Also, isn’t that spam or something? XDDD jk

Anyway, it’s because people here like to talk, and there’s pretty much nothing else to say, like those Happy Birthday! topics. XD

Off Topic- Spam doesn’t necessarily mean it’s repetitive, just anything unsolicited on the internet. But it usually has to do with advertisement, so the abve doesn’t have to do with spam.

lol i said jk

I think maybe the overall theme of Remy not wanting to eat garbage in ‘Ratatouille’, and Linguini being a garbage boy might be some sort of not to WALL-E, the garbage-stacking robot. :wink:

Ryan- Those are merely coincidences and too strong plot points to be nods. But that’s a fun way to sorta connect the movies…

Well, I could be mistaken, but take a look at this:

On the left side of the image you can see a little cockroach on the wall that hides when Linguini turns on the light. Do you think it could be a reference to Spot or something?

If we had a closeup from a HiDef version maybe it is spot.

It could be maggie. Just a question. Are you 100% sure it is a cockroach? Could it be some other bug?

I’m not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but [spoil]during the “Wall Rat” sequence in Ratatouille, a dog barks at Remy, and we can see it’s shadow on the wall. That dog is from Up, and Brad Bird mentions this in the commentary on the Blu-ray version of Ratatouille. They briefly showed a concept sketch of the dog as well. The strange thing is that Brad didn’t mention any WALL•E references in the commentary…[/spoil]

This is probably not the best place to post this, but I did not want to start a new thread for this. And rachelcakes1985 did mention that there could be a reference to Up in Ratatouille…