Strange Humors

Since The Incredibles cam out in November of 2004, there have been more and more strange pairs in fan fictions. I’m not talking about Synlet; they’re cool with me. I mean pairings that are specifically prevented by canon. These pairings make me very mad. How do you guys feel? Are there any you like? Dislike? Love? Hate? Let’s talk about them here.

BTW, strange pairings pertains to Helen/Lucious, Bob/Mirage, Helen/Buddy, Violet/Mirage, Bob/Violet(yes, that’s real), Helen/Violet, Helen/Mirage, and Mr. Incredible/Buddy. Feel free to mention any that I missed.

Which ones are you referring to Virginia? Mirage/Violet, Helen/Frozone, Mirage/Bob? I know you don’t particularily like any of those parirings (neither do I :wink: ) but were those the ones you had in mind?

Yes!!! I hate those. Sorry, I’ll edit my thread. :blush:

I just want to warn you guys to be very careful about what you say. Be sure to respect everyone’s opinion, but no targeting any member. Stay friendly.

Anyways, the two most popular VIolet pairing that I know of are Synlets (Syndrom/Violet) and Willets (Wilber from Meet the Robinsons/Violet). I strongly believe those are the two most popular pairings online. Personally, I’m a strong supported of VIolet and Tony (or Viony as I call it). I am not a big fan on Wilets, and I strongly dislike Synlets. I understand though why people like it. I’ve done some research, and they opened my eyes to what they feel and believe though.

I am not against either of those groups. I care not about Violet’s life choices, especially since she’s still a child and nothing is permanent. I think everyone here knows what pairings I’m ranting about…

I’ve never really understood Willet, but it doesn’t bother me. Viony is alright. Really the only ones I don’t like are family pairings, and slash. I’ve read a few that are well written, but the pairings just don’t interest me is all. I really like Synlet fanfiction though, even though I know it’s highly unlikely.

Yeah, I think I know.

I belive the reason why these parings are so popular is because, as you stated, Violet is young and nothing is set in stone about her love life. Helen and Bob already have a marital bond, but Violet is one that many fans can fantasize about.

Syndrome was, like, 10 years older or more than Vi, but that doesn’t bother me, as long as they wait. Or he just stays dead, which is where canon points.

I agree, Ellie, I hate incest(is that profane? I can’t tell :confused: ) and slash pairings. I don’t dislike the people or their feelings, just the thought…ugh, I feel woozy.

Yeah, I too can get a little uncomfortable reading slashes. Granted, there are a few good ones, but every time I read it, it makes me think.

The only Incredibles pairings I go out of my way to read are Bob/Helen (I love fluff about these two, it’s so cute <3 ), Mirage/Buddy (I like how they explore their relationship), and Synlet. I don’t like the idea of Helen leaving Bob, or vice versa. They just seemed so in love to me.

Exactly!! Why on Earth would someone ever even concieve in a million years on Mars without Oxygen to divorce those two? I legitimately can not understand that, and it raises my blood pressure every time.
(I love your new avatar!! :laughing: )

Why thank you bows. Mine is an evil laugh, as they say :wink:

Anyway, I know Synlet is just as likely to happen as Bob/Mirage (ie: not very), but it’s still my favorite pairing of all time. That and Arthur/Eames, the only slash I’ve ever shipped. I just love villains I guess, and I like Violet better than Mirage, so reading about them both at the same time is nice.

I respect you and Arkie in your Synlet fandom, and feel too impartial to dislike it. Synlet is cool with me. Just don’t put Vi with a chick or her dad and I’m happy.

My thoughts exactly.

So it’s obvious you really like Bob/Helen, Virginia. What other pairings do you support, from Pixar or other films?

Rough list…

Pixar
-Jessie/Buzz
-MyselfXWoody(laugh if you must, I just adore his personality, and…he’s a cowboy. That’s hot.)
-ViXTony
-Wall-EXEVE
-CarlXEllie
-LightningXSally
-Collette/Linguini

Disney
All of them, but I’ll list favorites.
-Belle/Beast(Adam)
-Jasmine/Aladdin
-Mulan/Shang
-Esmerelda/Phoebus
-Tarzan/Jane
-Meg/Hercules
-Aurora/Prince Philip
-Kida/Milo
-Sally/Jack(TNBC)
-Pocohantas/John Smith

[/b]

Shockingly, I have not seen any of this… Er, not that I would want to! :laughing:

Wow, that’s a long list you have there Virginia. Let me drag out mine…

Synlet (obviously :wink: ) from…some movie…I think it starts with an “i”? :stuck_out_tongue:
Arthur/Eames from Inception
Gob/Nova from Fallout 3
Sweeney Todd/Mrs. Lovett from Sweeney Todd
Billy/Penny from Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog
Chell/the Companion Cube from Portal ;-o
Hero/Reaver from Fable II
Ron/Hermione and <3 Snape/[spoil]Lily[/spoil] <3 from Harry Potter
Hiccup/Astor from How to Train Your Dragon

Oh trust me Leirin, it can get disturbing. Some of them are well written, well thought out stories, they just don’t appeal to me at all.

Helen/Buddy? Where the heck did that come from?! People are so weird… -shakes head-

When it comes to The Incredibles, I pretty much only ship Synlet, Syndrome/Mirage, and Bob/Helen. Even within those I try to stay away from the explicit stuff because I think it would break my brain. -holds head-

Evil: Augh, why do you have to provide me with more proof that I’m your clone?! I ship all but two of the things on your list (that I’m familiar with), and the two that I don’t ship that I’m familiar with, I am okay with or can’t remember who is who. (I only saw Inception once, and I was too wrapped up in the plot to ship anything yet. :laughing: )

I ship slash if it makes sense (even if it only makes sense to me) and doesn’t totally gross me out. Once again I stay away from explicit stuff, which is more difficult with the subject matter so I tend more toward traditional couples.

Other things I ship are:
A lot of pairings - Pokemon
Dib/Tak - Invader Zim
Sweeney Todd/Mrs. Lovett - Sweeney Todd
Snape/[spoil]Lily[/spoil] - Harry Potter
Buzz/Jessie - Toy Story
Billy/Penny - Dr. Horrible
Moric/Rohoph - MARDEK RPG
Bulma/Vegeta - Dragon Ball Z

Hey Arkie :slight_smile: In Inception, Arthur was the really hot one who [spoil]had the zero-g fight in the hotel[/spoil], and Eames was the guy [spoil]who Dom went to see in Mombasa, the really sarcastic one[/spoil]. They’re the only slash pairing I ship. I ship them because they fight “like an old married coule” as my friends would say, and that one scene where Eames tells Arthur “You can’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling” 8D Not to mention that scene where [spoil]Eames hits on Saito while he’s disguised as the hot blond chick[/spoil] :open_mouth:

Anyway, back on topic :laughing: Yeah, I try to stay away from the explicit ones too, but some of the best fanfics I read fit into that category.

Wow, I’ve never heard of many of those pairings…

Arkie, I have seen a few Helen/Buddy things, but I won’t post links because they’re extremely inappropriate. Just Google it.

Myself, I only pair canon cartoon characters. I’m lame. Sorry.