Super 8

I know that, but I’m more interested in the movie now that I know he’s involved. That doesn’t mean that I’m going to run out and see it. I’m not going to because I nothing about the movie, I just like hearing what one of my favorite composers is up to.

I didn’t mean to say it’s bad to be interested, and I’m sorry if I came off that way. :frowning: I just meant that I’m not excited for it just because one of my personal favorite composers is involved.

[quote="IncredigirlVirginia":26ul7kt4]A composer does not make a movie good. Case in point: Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. I knew Giacchino was doing the score, but I don’t care until I learn more about it. Besides, he’s also scoring Cars 2. :-\[/quote:26ul7kt4]
Even if the movie’s bad, at least we’ll have the soundtrack to enjoy :P

Just because a movie doesn’t look interesting doesn’t mean you can’t support the composer! You can obtain the soundtrack and listen to its epicness and not watch the movie.

I got your points, but Giacchino’s next projects are ambitious, none of them look bad or horrible, all them could be smash hits getting good and descent critics, specially John Carter, Cars 2 and M:I 4, all these coming from PIXAR directors

Co-sign all of this.

I’m looking forward to Super 8 more than Cars 2. I just hope Super 8 doesn’t get lost in the glut off superhero movies and sequels coming out this summer.

Fair enough. I personally don’t have any expectations for Super 8, neither bad or good. I was just saying that a composer of Pixar scores is a nice asset, but does not affect the film quality much.

Obviously, Cars 2 is going to rock Super 8 outta here! I was pretty sure it wasn’t going to be all that great, but what surprised me the most was that Steven Spielberg was executive producer for it!

It might not be bad, but still, Sucker Punch may be worth a try, but i’m still a little dismayed by the fact that they have an almost perfectly abridged version of the Big Daddy!

The Super 8 full trailer is now online:

comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=75138

it looks pretty good!!! :slight_smile:

I want to see Super 8 so bad now!! I’ll probably go opening day…which I almost never do for movies (only Pixar ones for the most part)

I am doing a full-scale media blackout of Super 8. Back when I was a kid and the Beard still made these sorts of films you’d only ever hear the premise and maybe a few mysterious clips and hints until pretty much opening day. Now you get a deluge of everything you could’ve ever possibly wanted to know about a film almost immediately after they’re announced.

Well, not for me. Not this time. I have no problem with today’s culture of spreading information about upcoming films. As you know I’m an active participant in that scene. It’s how I make my money, figuratively (for the time being). But it wouldn’t be so bad to turn back the clock and be genuinely surprised by a film. And I’ve chosen this one.

Although my temptation to view the current trailer is great, I must remain strong. I must not give in. I just want all that Abrams/Spielberg/Giacchino goodness to wash over me once May comes around.

I suggest that all of you choose a film too. Just don’t look anything up about a film you’re eagerly anticipating until you go and watch it. See if it makes for a better experience or not. What can it hurt?

The new Super 8 trailer is awesome, I can’t wait to see this opening day in IMAX

You posted!! :mrgreen: I’m so happy. I thought you were “done”.

I’ll “drop in” every once in a while

So I guess this is sort of the official “Super 8” thread, then?

Anyway, we’re now just a month away from release. I’m also going to try and do a blackout from any new clips they release. I’m proud to say the only footage I’ve seen is from the trailers and the Super Bowl ad. I just hope this can find a decent audience being sandwiched between two superhero films.

I accidentally read a really big spoiler the other day. I’m trying to get it out of my head :confused: But it’s a pretty good spoiler, so… :stuck_out_tongue:

Epic new TV Spot:
[url]J.J. Abrams' SUPER 8 TV Spot - /Film Exclusive - YouTube
Someone on this topic posted “I dont know or care for Super 8” Which made me kinda mad, I respect you don’t care about it, but give it a chance. Don’t just be all like “Ooooh some movie called Super 8 that’s not a Pixar movie so I don’t give a crap about it” Just saying

I have a feeling the two new trailers for Super 8 are misleading. They make the movie seem like it’s a horror movie.

Yeah, the new direction the marketing is taking is concerning me. Everything I’ve heard about the production so far has indicated that the horror elements are marginal if they exist at all. I don’t want this movie’s box office performance to be compromised by complaints of misleading advertising.

Could an administrator please change the topic name to “Super 8”? P