Super Smash Bros. Pixar

Good call. I’ll brainstorm some items and starter stages revolving around the various films.

Should we divide them up? Like we go movie by movie? Listing item and stage possibilities on the way?

I think dividing them would make the item-stage process go faster. How about we start in the order of feature films (Toy Story, A Bug’s Life, Monsters, Inc., etc.) then we end with the short films. I’ll brainstorm some ideas for Toy Story then post later today.

Sounds good. i’ll get started with A Bugs Life Ideas and i’ll post them after you do.

Well I’m a little late (as usual 8D). For films with sequels and prequels, just add stages from those films.

Stages (Toy Story):
Andy’s Room: Similar to Delfino Plaza, a checker board carries players around different areas of the room.
The Pizza Planet Truck: Players are in the trunk of the truck and must be wary of bags and the trunk occasionally opening.
The Incinerator: The players spawn on the large chunk that is being lifted by the claw. Some pieces of garbage that makeup the stage might fall off.

Items (Toy Story:
RC: When the player throws him, he drives in the direction he was thrown.
The Big One: The same rocket Sid strapped on Buzz is now just a firecracker.
Squeeze Toy Aliens: Similar to Mr. Saturn (i.e. they break shields)
Force-Field Dog: When used, slink creates a protective barrier around the user which absorbs projectiles.

Very good with the toy story stages. I will be honest though, I was hoping for a Pizza Planet or Al’s Toy barn stage. Like the player shuffles around the entire store while things are happening in the background. But so far, I love the toy story stage and item selections

Yeah, I was toying (no pun intended) around with the idea but I didn’t want to over represent the series with too many stages. I could swap out the Pizza Planet Truck stage for Al’s Toy Barn to get a stage from each film.

Stages (A Bugs Life)
Ant Island: I believe this one would be like th Pikman and Olimar stage in Brawl. Giant plant platforms, seeds and beers you can eat to regain some health. Watch out for the rain. when it does, things get slippery… and watch out for snapping birds as well.
PT’s Circus: Come one, comme all! See the spectacle that is Pixar Smash. You’ll see fighters battle for position as they must avoid flaming death, a PT cannon, Manny’s transformation takeout box’s, and of course, trapeze bars the fly in, giving players another position on the stage

Items (A Bug’s Life)
(ok, I’m having a hard time thinking of A Bugs Life items and weapons

I’ll help! :smiley:

Items (A Bug’s Life):
Berries- A throwing item that bounces off the player who was hit. Different colors determine the knockback (red weakest to blue being the strongest).
A Bug’s “Leaf”- It’s similar to the parasol from Melee, it can be used to hit opponents or to slowly float down after using a second jump.
Flik’s Harvester Device- Luckily for fighters, Flik’s device malfunctions so that the food (used as its ammo) launches like a catapult. It is worn on the player’s back until it explodes, which causes minor damage but leaves the player open.

These are a few I could come up with. I love your stage ideas!

YAY! Very nice. I was aways thinking that the berries and leaves were just either platforms or health items, but those are pretty good ones. I love it! Very nicely done.

Now that we have the ball rolling, onto Monsters, Inc./University!

Stages:
Monster’s, Inc.- The stage is a grand tour of the facility, players start in the main lobby and eventually, a tour group will move to the next area, causing the stage to move with them.
The Abominable Snowman’s Cave- The Abominable Snowman tends to drop his snow cones here which can be used as projectiles. The blast zone is the entrance of the cave.
The Library- Players are able to run on tables and bookshelves (books can be thrown as well). The only problem here is that if a book falls, the Librarian attacks players onscreen (she is like the new boss characters in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U).
Squishy’s House- Players fight in the living room and the furniture can be broken. When something in the house is broken, Mrs. Squibbles comes downstairs and scolds the players (similar to Mr. Resetti from Brawl). In rare cases, she throws food at players with high damage to heal them slightly.

Items:
Scream Energy Canisters- These are ticking time bombs, after a certain amount of damage, they explode letting out a large scream and instantly KOs the player close to it.
The Disco Ball- The ball simply raises like the party ball from Smash then abruptly crashes to the ground. Players caught under it will be sent flying.
Stinging Glow Urchins- Like Brock said, you really don’t want to touch these. Players who are hit with these will have their damage continually rise until they are able to shake it off, or put it on someone else. They eventually explode after a period of time.

I feel the item section my be lackluster, any ideas?

I like the idea of the scream canisters and doing damgage with them to cause them to explode with scream. that is very clever. A few more items I would add would be that little spike ball in the first event of the scare games. you know where you touch it and they start swelling up? I’m thinking that a player throws it and it sticks to the player, causing theme to take small damage increases for a small duration.

That’s a good idea, I’ll edit the above post!

I guess I should add some more ideas for alternate costumes (like Wario’s overalls and WarioWare look), I feel that section has kind of been neglected.

Now that is what I’m talking about dude! :wink:

I’m enjoying reading these ideas a whole lot! Keep it up :slight_smile:

Thanks dude. :wink: We’re having a lot of fun being creative about this. But if you have any ideas, your more than welcome to share.

SpaceSheriff: wanna cover Finding Nemo stages and items. I really want the opportunity to do The incredibles.

Sure thing! I actually was about to suggest this. I should post the Nemo stuff later when I’m free.

Awesome bro! I appreciate it. :smiley:

No problem. It might come later this week with school starting.