TDIT's Non-Pixar Sigs & Avatars

Dude, these are really nice. I really like the District 9 ones. The lines you put in there are really funny and clever. You’ve basically dominated Pixar and non-Pixar graphics. You’re like a pro at this stuff!

Hope you don’t mind but I’d like to use the “Eat your heart out, Iron Man” sig. I like it a lot. The other ones are really good too.

Sure thing, disneydutchess! But uh, one tiny request guys, can anyone who uses my graphics just place a credit line under their sig? Only thing I ask. If you have no space, then it’s okay… :smiley:

Tomorrow’s a big day for James Cameron, as he unleashes 15 minutes of his brand new epic motion-picture Avatar upon cinemas worldwide. For those of us who don’t get the chance to attend a preview screening, there’s still the online trailer debut in 24 hours time! And what better way to celebrate Avatar Day (as this publicity exercise is called) than to wear a brand-new avatar? :smiley:

This is a composite of the two theatrical posters released so far. I just flipped Sam Worthington’s character horizontally, centred the title, and did a little clone stamping here and there, and voila! My greatest fan graphic masterpiece (Eh, not really, but knowing me, I like to employ hyperbole :stuck_out_tongue:).

And here’s a promo sig I wore earlier to generate buzz for my next mash-up.

In case you noticed, the release date has passed, and I have not uploaded it yet! Yeah, I fell behind schedule, haha. The project is on temporary hiatus to concentrate on pressing schoolwork, but I may release it on its Oz theatrical debut mid-September, time permitting. So, the release date has been… postponed! Dramatic music

But I reckon if Australian theatre distributors can do this…

…I can too! :slight_smile:

It’s 9-9-09, and the release date of Shane Acker’s much-anticipated post-apocalyptic sci-fi action-adventure animated motion-picture, 9! Unfortunately, I’m not sure it’ll even see the light of day on these shores (I’m Down Under), but nevertheless, here’s my current graphics to celebrate the U.S. release! :slight_smile:

Wow, jesus, I just love your 9 graphics, thedriveintheatre. I especially love the avatar. Actually, do mind if I use it - once you’re done with it, of course. I simply adored the film, and the avatar brilliantly displays the central characters.

Well, by Chrysler, I’m so glad you enjoy my graphics so much, Bill! Thanks!

The avatar is blurry cos’ I had to downgrade the resolution to fit PP’s 40 kb limit (Suggestion to admins: Increase avatar size allowance limit, please? :smiley:). You’re totally welcome to use it, only ‘payment’ I ask is that you leave an acknowledgment line in your sig (for free advertisement purposes, heheh). Of course, if you have no space in your sig, that’s okay, the fact you’re wearing it is the biggest compliment I can receive. :wink:

Here’s my current avatar… Presenting… the master of deception detection… Dr Carl Lightman, played by the ever-talented Tim Roth!

I’m so excited for the return of Lie To Me! Season 2 premieres in Oz on Tuesday (I think it’s already airing in the US), and I can’t wait! :slight_smile:

Very cool TDIT, but as you may expect, I’m a bit more interested in your new Sig! That’s awesome of you to root for the guys in the UK, how thoughtful! :slight_smile:

I’ve never heard of that show before, sounds interesting. I’m not a big fan of television though, except the old-school cartoons.

Thanks, Chris! :smiley: I’ll be doing a day-to-day update as we approach the impending Brit release!

As for LTM, you should give it a watch! It’s a bit like House (in fact House is its lead-in on Fox), crabby protagonist who trusts nobody and insults everyone. But the Paul Ekman brain candy’s fun too, think Body Language 101. If you liked The Mentalist or Psyche, this is about in the same genre. :wink:

Here’s my previous avatar of one of the most beautiful scenes from Ptaf…

And here’s my first animated sig! Let me tell you, it was one of the hardest because I took the images from the wallpapers, and some of their limbs and appendages were either cut off by the borders or obscured by the titles. So I had to roll up my sleeves and just ‘clone-stamp’ my way outta there! :stuck_out_tongue:

And my current avatar of the movie… Avatar! Just a simple screenshot, I never thought I’d say this, but Neytiri has got to be one of the most beautiful film aliens I’ve ever seen! She kinda reminds me of the opera singer from the ‘Diva Dance’ segment of the Fifth Element, though… :wink:

Time depending, I may churn out more graphics for these two movies, and maybe one or two for Sherlock Holmes. This has got to be one of the best year-end film seasons ever…

Cool graphics you have here. I like the fact that you like to promote non-Pixar movies on the site as well as Pixar movies with your many wonderful graphics.

Looking forward to more from you!

Thanks, JSWeC! The movie industry should pay me for promoting their films, haha. :slight_smile:

To celebrate the release of Dreamworks’ ‘How to Train Your Dragon’, here are some graphics for your perusal and enjoyment!

Blurry scan from the ‘Art of’ book. Nice storyboard sequence of that ‘drawing’ scene.

Promo sig for my videos. The Viking words meant ‘Friday’ and 'Saturday respectively. The font is ‘Viking’ from dafont.com. The dragon symbols were taken from the splash page when the main website loads.

Five smelly fishes to the one who can guess the movie reference. :wink:

The sound effect was done by playing with the ‘Blending Options’ and warping it into an arch.

Feel free to use 'em, just leave me a credit line. :slight_smile:

Those are some awesome graphics!!!

You wanna know my fave: “Stealth Bomber”. :laughing:

That made me chuckle!

aww these are so awesome TDIT! I can’t get over how cute Toothless looks, even when he’s angry :3

Thanks JSWeC and woody! I really only bother to get off my backside to make sigs for the movies I truly love, and this is definitely one of them!

I can’t believe no-one has caught the Kevin Costner-Two Socks reference! :frowning: Looks like Toothless will be having his share of fish again, unless someone can figure it out…

Terrific graphics, thedriveintheatre! :smiley:
I like the Dances with Wolves reference :wink:
“Big Mama” was hilarious!
I especially like the last two, with the expressions, and with the sound effect spelled out :laughing: . Enjoyable stuff, TDIT!

Holy Chrysler, I just realised I haven’t posted here for more than a year! :open_mouth:

BDD: Thanks, I’m glad you caught the Dances With Wolves reference! I always love reading your comments, especially since you’re one of my frequent critiquers! :slight_smile:

Whelp, here’s a buttload of graphics for ya. I guess the impetus for me to finally post 'em up is so that they can be considered for this year’s Pixar Planet Awards. So please, do have a look and if you like 'em, nominate 'em! And if they stink, well, don’t nominate 'em! :stuck_out_tongue:

Feel free to wear them, that would be the biggest compliment you can give me (although I also love criticism, as long as they’re constructive).

I’ll post a second batch tomorrow. :wink:

Those are all cool sigs! I especially love the “Bird of Blunder” sig.

And one question. On the “Feeling Lucky” sig, what is the font you used to write “TDIT wishes everyone a prosperous lunar new year” ?

You are such a great graphics artist! They’re always nice to look at and are informative. I especially like your Princess and the Frog, Rango, and Rio ones. Well done!