TDIT's Sigs & Avatars

Yeah, I noticed that, I pointed it out in the “Who has the Best Avatar thread?”.
But I don’t mind, though it would have been more polite if he had acknowledged me/asked permission. :confused: Nevertheless, I take it as a compliment that he thought it good enough to wear, and for that, I’m truly honoured. :slight_smile:

FYI, I might do a few sigs in the coming weeks for another trailer mash I’m about to embark on (it’ll be an animated and live-action film again) in conjunction to the lead-up to the Oscars nomination. I’ll leave you to guess which two movies I’ll be mashing, but let’s just say it’s my top two of 2008… :wink:

TDIT - Oh my lord, I almost always forget to ask permission before I “steal” someone’s avatar. My apoligies, but it’s certainly nice to know that you see my wearing it as a compliment to you.

Well, I’m the one who has to apologise if I read your reply the wrong way Bill, but you came off a little sarcastic. :stuck_out_tongue:
If your apology was honest, heh, then you get to ‘facepalm’ me. Regardless, I’ll give you the BOD and that you didn’t mean to borrow it (I didn’t see it as “stealing”, unless you were joking) without permission. Apology accepted! Thanks for taking my admonitions well! :smiley:

Hmm. Let me guess, Batman: The Dark Knight and Bolt? Either way it sounds very intriguing!

Yea…no. Pretty close guess, though. You’ll find out in sometime this week. :wink:

A mash-up of The Dark Knight and WALL•E then?

Well, that’s a pretty good guess, C-3PO. You got the Wall-E part right (I mean, this is a Pixar forum, and what other Pixar film was released in 2008?:D), but I won’t say more. You’ll find out soon enough, heheh. :wink:

I actually realized just after I posted that, that it is probably Quantum Of Solace with WALL•E, since you already have done a lot regarding both of those movies…

Your new avatar, though I’ve never seen that character before, is adorable, thedriveintheatre! Also, your Quantom of Bolt signature is exciting. :smiley:

C3-PO: You’re closer than you think. sews lips from now on

BDD: Watch THIS. You don’t have to be a fan of Miyazaki or even understand Japanese to be grinning like nuts at the end of the trailer. :wink: Thanks for wearing my second “As Cool as Frost” sig. And I appreciate your comment about the Bolt sig, it’s one of my best efforts yet!

Cool trailer. I had never seen the trailer for ‘Ponyo’ before. Do you know when it will be released in North America? And, off-topic, what do you think of Iron Man?

-C-3PO

IMDB has no news. But after a little snooping, this article I found says it may come out “First Quarter” of this year. Probably a limited release, I presume, although I’m hoping it gains enough publicity.

And as for Iron Man, I thought it was spectacular! Second only to Dark Knight, and probably my top five of 08! :smiley:

Judging from your new signature it must be The Dark Knight and WALL•E!

-C-3PO

I’m going to guess that the video is TDK with WALL•E, too! I think the new Batman was a pretty big pop-culture thing in 2008, about WALL•E, I wouldn’t know since I am biased… Really great screen capture there with your new signature. I haven’t seen TDK yet, so I’m not sure whether they use that particular quote during the movie, but it’s a very profound quote anyway and matches that screen grab very well. Looking forward to watching that mash-up.

rachelcakes1985 - Yes, that line is in the movie - which is amazing by the way. (Both The Dark Knight and WALL•E scripts are available online for free if you’re interested.)

-C-3PO

DING! DING! Correct, C-3PO! You won a Lightning McQueen bobble head doll! Expect it to be delivered in the year 2700! :smiley:
Yeah, you were right all along. Note though, that I didn’t say you were wrong in guessing The Dark Knight in my earlier post, and I did mention you were closer to the real answer than you think… :wink:

Well Rachel, if Wall-E appeared in several comic strips, MAD magazine, and even The Simpsons, he must be pretty prominent figure in popular culture. Not to mention the unprecedented amount of fan-work on DeviantArt and Fanfiction unlike any before seen in a Pixar production. :wink:

Wow! :open_mouth: Were you on Mars? :stuck_out_tongue: Nah, I’m just ribbin’ ya. You’re the first person I know who hasn’t seen this blockbuster! You’re missing out on, like, a lot! Have you seen the trailers at least? It stands next to Wall-E as the best motion picture of the year, IMO (although whether it can be seen by the whole family is debatable).

Anyway, here’s the latest press release from the Theatre’s ‘Manager’:

To celebrate the release of the Wall-E DVD on 14 January, and as part of its publicity efforts in its push for both Wall-E and Dark Knight for Best Picture as part of Oscar nomination season, The Drive-In Theatre is proud to announce not one, but two upcoming trailer mash-ups. Both will feature the incredible audio from Trailer 1 and 2 of The Dark Knight, the best live-action film, in synch to the spectacular visuals of Wall-E, the best animated film. It is the best of both worlds, in the mash-up event of the New Year! It is the Theatre’s hope that ultimately either an animated film or a superhero movie wins the Best Picture and make motion-picture history, so this is the culmination of a heartfelt tribute to two of the Manager’s most favourite films of the past year.

This is the first three in a series of Wall-E/Dark Knight themed sigs that will be released every day in the lead-up to the Oscar nominations ceremony on January 22nd. There are more sigs in the works, and expect a tentative release of Trailer 1 on 14 January, and Trailer 2 on 21 January! The Theatre would like to wish these two masterpieces of cinema the best of luck.

Brace yourselves for The Dark Droid… and welcome to a world without rules (both in love and well, anarchy). :wink:

Great! I’ll make sure to watch for it then. I’d get it now, but my time machine is broken currently… :laughing:

And… I keep on wanting to complete the lines in your signatures, but I don’t want to ruin it for anyone who doesn’t remember them, so…

[spoil]You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.[/spoil]

Well, I got that out of my system. :smiley:

-C-3PO

Cool, dark siggys, thedriveintheatre! I especially love the one you’re wearing right now. “You either die a hero or [spoil]live long enough to see yourself become the villain.”[/spoil] is a line I can’t forget!

Wow TDIT. I must say that it looks really, really clever. I love the crossover between WALLE and Dark Knight. All of the siggys look really, really cool.

Wow. The Dark Droid, how clever. :smiley: The theme of those signatures are all very dark. Really nice. How did you get the text of the ‘N’ in the last signature to go behind WALL•E’s eyes like that? That’s a neat effect.