The Art of Pixar Short Films

amazon.com/gp/product/081186 … _sbs_03_01

Happened across this while shopping Amazon. No release date yet. Absolutely looking forward to this!

Cool - we have an Amazon page now. I’m glad they went with a similar cover as the Pixar Shorts DVD.These books are going to be great on the bookshelf alongside the other Art of… books, and Pixar Treasures. Can’t wait.

Amid Amidi of Cartoon Brew fame is putting it together.

I can’t wait to see what Amid does with this book! I’m definitely getting it when it comes out in February.
It’s supposed to be an Art of book centered on Pixar’s ‘early’ shorts, I wonder what he means by early, the first four or up until Lifted? I think he also mentioned that he may change the cover, although if he keeps the Pixar Short Films Collection one I’d be happy. It’ll be a real treat to see production artwork from the shorts since Pixar doesn’t release much.
Note: Rachel mentioned The Pixar Treasures, for those who don’t know, that is an Art of Pixar book being written by Tim Hauser (The Art of WALL-E) for 2009.

Rather he went with the theme of the last several ‘Art Of’ and put a single concept art image on the cover.

Pixar, stop releasing things that are cool and expensive. Stoppit. Now.

And I too like the front cover- there’s something so comforting about that tone of red.

His name is Amid Amidi? Well, with a name like that, the book has gotta be good. :sunglasses:

Cool! But these books are so hard for me to find! The major chains (Borders, Barnes & Noble) dont always have them, and if they do it’s maybe one copy. So I usually have to go to the lesser known ones like Joseph-Beth and hope they have em. Because I know from experience not all bookstores sell the same books!

Amazon! They’re always at least $25 so you can get free S&Hm and it’s usually much cheaper then a brick and mortar store.

i <3 amid amidi, his book cartoon modern was actually spectacular.

Can’t wait for that to get out ! :smiley:

I’m already looking at a few other artbooks, which are all coming out in October:
The Art of Bolt
The Art of Madagascar
Ironman

Ah. Another one to add to my collection.

Oh! Another Pixar’s ‘Art Of …’ book. I’ll have to add it into my collection.

lizardgirl : LOL! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It looks like they changed the publishing date of this book to February 25th. It was originally January 21st. This seems to happen a lot with these “Art Of” books.

I suppose we all saw the new cover art too, which looks fantastic!

And if you haven’t, here 'tis:

I love it. Very classic.

Yeah, I’m very excited for this book! Finally the art of shorts gets recognized for more than 5 minutes. :stuck_out_tongue:

That front cover is just Pixar all over; simple but of the highest quality. And I’m pleased they chose to have the Luxo lamp and Luxo Jr. on the front, since they’re both such Pixar icons.

Cool! I’m still not sure whether I’ll want it or not, though as there are only certain shorts I’d be interested in…

I just recieved my preview copy of The Art of Pixar Short Films and I have got to say it’s a must have!
Check out my review over at Upcoming Pixar: pixarplanet.com/blog/exclusive-t … lms-review
It completely covers all of the bases (from Andre & Wally B. to Lifted at least) and is very detailed in art and history.
It’ll be available on February 25th and is going for $40 USD.