The Cars Theorization Thread

I think they drink oil and fill up on gas.

Shellow: Well, the official story was that he was found running on fuel he made from natural elements, which became Allinol. But since it was all a fake, you never know, he was probably chilling in a mansion in the middle of nowhere. 8D

Yeah, that was just another part I didn’t really get. Why would he make that his cover story? Wouldn’t it have been difficult for him to try and stage something like that? I just find it rather unrealistic. o_0

I agree^^.

[size=85:w2ll9ope][quote="MissCarrera":w2ll9ope]Yeah, that was just another part I didn’t really get. Why would he make that his cover story? Wouldn’t it have been difficult for him to try and stage something like that? I just find it rather unrealistic. o_0[/quote:w2ll9ope]

I find it slightly unrealistic too. It would be extremely hard for him to hoax something that elaberate . Almost impossible :-\ [/size:w2ll9ope]

It is very unrealistic. I started thinking also that wouldn’t the whole international race prix thing cost like a lot of money to do in the first place? :laughing:

It would, but it he had quite a bit of money didn’t he?

Come on, he’s one of the most powerful cars in the world.

What’s the difficulty of staging a vanishing for a time? (as someone put it, he probably spent the days in a luxury cottage in the wilderness)

Less able people than him has managed similar things in real life.

About the Prix being costly, yes. But think about it from his perspective: it’s not a lost. First, sports events do make money (or nobody would make them in real life). Second, he will lost more if oil gets replaced, so it would make sense to risk a little money for executing his plan.

It still felt like a weak alibi to me. Something they could have put a little more time into… o_0

[size=85]

I have to agree with that :neutral_face: [/size]

But that wasn’t an alibi!

It was an excuse to justify the “creation” of organic fuel by him.

Bottom line is Axlerod failed. He lost a lot of money, time, and is not most likely sitting in a prison for life. :laughing:

[size=85]Yes, he was a fool to think he could pull something like that off :unamused: [/size]

Just realized that cars eat pistachio ice cream…

Alibi and excuse mean the same thing. I looked it up.

Yeah, it is weird to think of cars eating solid foods!

[size=85]It is pretty strange to think of cars eating anything but gas and oil, things like that. :unamused: [/size]

Alibi is one specific kind of excuse.

It involves proving that you couldn’t possibly be at a crime-scene at the time the crime happened.

In this case, the disappearance wasn’t staged for that, but to provide the media with a back-story to the creation of an organic fuel using the natural elements he found while “lost”.

But it was still an alibi in the sense that he was lying and saying he was somewhere during a specific time when he wasn’t. He claimed he was “lost” when most of us are led to believe that he never actually was. Perhaps I am using it in a different context than you but I read that it is “evidence of an absence” which sounds a lot like what we were discussing. I could be wrong but hopefully you get my point.

I get your point when you put it like that.

Anyway, I’m discussing it as a storytelling device. You don’t like how they wrote that part but I think it wasn’t that bad and that it makes sense.

BUT, there’s one related point I didn’t like and I think it’s rather a plot hole:

So the Allinol is basically just regular gas? And no scientist could determine that before Axlerod was exposed? That’s the part I don’t think believable.

OK, I’m glad you can see where I am coming from. Yes, that was one part of the story I really didn’t like.

Yup. That’s just another example that shows the lack of realism. I’m also surprised that no one ever grew more suspicious of Axlerod. I know they make him look like the innocent creator, but did it not cross one person, er, cars mind that perhaps he had something to do with it? Sabatoge isn’t that uncommon is it?

Good point^^.