The Definitive Pixar In-Jokes List

Yup. Please check before you post. :slight_smile:

^^^ Haha, sorry. Another reference is the batteries used in Toy Story 3 are BnL Batteries. BnL is the company from Wall-E. And Revolt (or Revolting) Batteries are used in the
roulette style scene in Toy Story 3… Revolt is a sponsor of a race car in Cars

Both have been posted w/ pictures. You may want to check previous posts. :laughing:

^Facepalm… lol. My internet is really slow at the moment, so it takes a while just to load a single page… I’ll look through this forum when I get the speed back :stuck_out_tongue:

Just thought I’d say that I’m now working on a video guide for Pixar in-jokes using some of the information from this thread during my spare time. I’m still thinking about if I should wait until Toy Story 3 is out on DVD/Blu-Ray to include the in-jokes from there (I’m not going to use one of those leaked versions of the film cause of the quality), but I own all of Pixar’s films that are out already.

Like Pixar Secrets?
Another in-joke:
Russel frm Up was modeled after pixar animator Peter Sohn, and was even the voice of him in the short George ad A.J… There’s a thread about it:

I don’t have any screen shots, but when I was re-playing the “Late For School” level on my copy of The Incredibles video game for the PS2, I saw the Pizza Planet Truck, the Eggman moving van from Toy Story, and a van that looked very much like the one Andy’s mom drives.

Here’s a temporary picture of the Six Million Dollar Man lunchbox that Buzz grabs.

i36.tinypic.com/necmzc.jpg

The real thing:
farm2.static.flickr.com/1186/317 … ba.jpg?v=0

Here are 3 in-jokes from Toy Story 2 that I didn’t see mentioned on your list:

When the toys are entering the airport while underneath the dog-case, an announcement is made for passenger Leon Rich (Lee Unkrich).

The little girl that approaches the toys/dog-case might be Hannah from the original Toy Story.

When the airport announcement containing the A-113 reference occurs, Laset Air is mentioned (Lasseter)

And in the airport in TS2, there’s someone who’s holding a baby that looks exactly like Molly.

Does recycled animation count?
EDIT:
Pictures anybody?

I don’t know if this is said… but Buzz has the text “Copyright Disney” on his butt
it’s hard to see and the only frame you can see it is in the “i will go sailing no more” scene

Confirmed by: John Lasseter

But that’s disney, not pixar. I’ve read in TS3 that he has something like Disney/Pixar. Though if that’s true, maybe it wouldn’t make sense, due to him having disney on his butt in ts1.

That was very interesting to read. I even found out some things I didn’t know. It’s one of the reasons why I love Pixar, their use of in-jokes and references to other films, something I don’t think Dreamworks does. Overall, great read. :slight_smile:

Well I’m aware that there are a few hidden characters in Flushed Away, and there is a Shrek pin in Monsters Vs Aliens, but besides these it is soley a Pixar tradition… Wait, how do I know this about DreamWorks movies?.. Why do I know this about DreamWorks movies?!?

The bear from Over The Hedge also appears in Bee Movie. :wink:

Its been a while since I lasted posted here, I’ll start off with;

[size=117]The incredibles[/size]
We all know Doc Hudson pays little visit in The Incredibles, but has anyone noticed Red being there too?

[size=117]Cars[/size]
In my opinion Cars is full with in jokes, but I think we can add one more
Anyone notice Knick Knack in Cars, He pays a cameo when Lightning McQueen is given a transformation by the town cars.

[size=117]Wall-E[/size]
Although I’ve lost most of my Wall-E references, I still had a few left.
When watching the movie a second time round, I’ve seem to notice something that looks like Frozone in Wall-E Trailer. I kept reviewing the clip again and again, to see if it really is Frozone. I’m still not certain, you decide. (someone with better quality help me please)

Well back I saying I spotted two UP in jokes, I forgot the other one, but this one sticked in my head like glue. On the right-hand side, there seems to be an object resembling Carl Fredricksen walking stick .

While Wall-E enters the Axiom and meets the people, we get shots of the Axioms features. One was of a nursery where a Robot is seen brainwashing the toddlers. There I noticed the floor pattern were the stars looked exactly like those seen in Andy’s room in Toy Story 2. While looking at the image, I also I found what looks to be a Luxo Jr Ball pattern, It is on the bottom left-hand corner. If you look at it closely, it looks like it. Maybe someone with better quality can help me out.

[size=117]Ratatouille[/size]
This one I’m quite uncertain about, but I think the object I’ve circled looks like the Toy story plane that buzz used to fly with in Pixar’s very first movie.

[size=117]Presto[/size]
Pixar is king for hiding in-jokes, just like that mini Luxo Jr Ball we see falling off the Presto’s sleves. Well I found another one Pixar has been hiding. One of the waiters of Gusteau seen below, is also seen in the short.

Here he is playing an instrument, when Presto is getting electrocuted.

Hope you guys enjoyed that :smiley:

azzstar: Those are awesome! :smiley: I never noticed any of them. As for the Luxo pattern in WALL-E, I think that’s just the BnL logo, but I’m not totally sure.

Wow Azzstar, those are some very good discoveries. That firetruck in The Incredibles does look very similar to Red. Well done.

Great finds, azzstar! :slight_smile: