The Definitive Pixar In-Jokes List

Rachel, let me ask you a question. WHen you list up all of the In-Jokes for the shorts, are you adding it to this list or are you creating another list in the Pixar Short Films section?

M-O - Yep, that’s Tinny! Thanks!

Al-bob - That is an earlier model of Linguini, gracias!

Martin - Thanks for all of those! This list is going to turn out great. =)

TSS - I’ll probably just put all the references for every Pixar production in the same thread, if that’s ok. Just so it’s one long definitive list. This should probably be moved to the Fandom section then, what do you think?

Well rachel, I see how this can be posted in the Fandom section since all of the in-jokes are being found and organized by fans. And since this will include every Pixar production, no sense in keeping in the Pixar Feature Films section the huh? Very well.

Thanks for moving this thread, TSS. Seems to make more sense.

You are welcome rachel. That’s what I’m here for.

can we have the address to acces it

Al-bob, you seem to have replied to this thread recently, so I think you found its new location in the Fandom section. :wink:

NOOO!!! Why has this been moved?? Now its going to be trouble to find this topic

At last I can start with the shorts.

is it the one that is a fav
i think i know where it is
if not i’ll look.

Here’s some from me (sorry for the quality)

[size=150]Red’s Dream:[/size]

Luxo can be seen in the distance

Andre can be seen as a picture on the clock

The Luxo Jr ball design can be seen being used as the floor mat for the circus

[size=150]Tin Toy:[/size]

A frame from Luxo Jr can be seen on the wall.

The old Pixar logo can be seen displayed on the shopping bag.

I hate the moving of this topic, so troublesome.

Ooh, good finding azzstar. I never saw most of those.

Way to go, azzstar! That Luxo lamp in Red’s Dream is a bit of trip-out - never seen that before in the background, there. Thanks for the others as well, and for supplying those screenshots. =)

You have good eyesight, azzstar! I’ve never noticed any of those!

Wow, good eye, azzstar. I’m impressed. I could never catch that without those screenshots.

I hope we have a category for this someday, because I think this is really cool.

In Toy Story 2 and in WALL-E there are two general 2001: A Space Odyssey references.

In the beginning of TS2, in Buzz Lightyear’s video game, Buzz finds a surveillance camera with a big red eye. Later on, he walks through a bridge made of floating coin-like discs. As he jumps from one to the other, as the pace he goes each disc plays a note of Space Odyssey’s theme.
In WALL-E, the Autopilot, Auto has a big red eye. In the ending, when the captain is fighting with him until he wins, the same movie’s theme plays. I laughed at that part. :smiley:

BTW, nice find, azzstar. :wink: About the old logo, can you show us a more clear picture of it for us to compare?

I recently watched Toy Story 2. Before it starts, it shows the short film Luxo Jr. In the movie’s beginning, Buzz swings in Andy’s lamp (which has already been listed to be Luxo’s parent), causing him to sound like a grown up version of the baby lamp from the short. I know this has already been listed, but when I saw the movie, I only knew about it being Luxo’s parent, not sounding like it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Heh, either you guys have a really good eye, or I just ain’t as observant as you. :stuck_out_tongue: So much for a detective fan
 :unamused:

I’d really want to be on a lookout for Pixar in-jokes, but now my VCR/DVD player broke, and my family had to get a new one. Now, the new one comes with a remote with at least four buttons not working!
I can’t even pause the films anymore! copies and pastes post to “You know what really grinds my gears” thread.

The short films section has been updated! Thanks to anyone that submitted any references. =)

I took away the logos for any short film that does not have any references that we are aware of yet, but you can feel free to look in those short films for any and I’ll add that section back to the list. If you take a look at the second reference for Lifted, does anyone recognise who that photo is of on the bedside table on the left? It could be Gary Rydstrom’s mother or grandmother, but that would just be a guess.

Martin, I’m a bit confused about these references:

Could you provide a bit of more information for these, and where you got those in-jokes from? Thanks. =)

i30.tinypic.com/1t0cqp.png is the picture for the Doc Hudson cameo in TI, and you can also see in the background “Bradley Hotel”. Reference to Brad Bird, perhaps?

I don’t know whether this has been mentioned before, but on my viewing of Toy Story 2 on free-to-air last weekend, I noticed that Flo from Cars makes a ‘retroactive’ cameo in TS2! Al drives a similar green-coloured 50s “tailfin”-inspired car (probably a GM LeSabre) that probably served as inspiration for our Motorama show car in a movie 7 years after!

“Is that what I think it is?” :smiley: