The Definitive Pixar In-Jokes List

Hello Pixar Planet…Has anyone ever noticed in Monsters Inc. when all the monsters are getting ready to scare “the kids”. Randall camouflages to Andy’s “cloud” wallpaper in Toy Story.

-Pixfan-: You know, I thought one of the screens looked familiar, but I couldn’t tell which one. Nice find.

And welcome to Pixar Planet -Pixfan-. Wow, this makes 2 Pixfans on Pixar Planet now. :open_mouth:

Sorry if some of these were already mentioned… :oops:
(Some Easter Eggs of Pixar’s Movie “Cars”)

1. The voice of Mack, John Ratzenberger, is most famous for his role as the mailman in Cheers. Since Pixar started he’s been a character voice in every movie they’ve made and is referred to in the studio as their “good luck charm”. Keep watching during the end credits, Mack attends a drive-in cinema to watch car based parodies of other Pixar films. Mack decides he likes all the characters played by Ratzenberger before realising “they’re just using the same actor over and over again! What kind of cut-rate operation is this?”.

2. Keep a close eye out for a white racing car with an apple logo and the number 84. Pixar used to be owned by Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple computers, and 1984 was the year Apple released their first computer.

3 Richard Petty is one of America’s most popular racing car drivers and here voices The King, a veteran race car trying to win his final race. The car itself is based on Richard’s 1970 Plymouth Superbird.

1. At least two of the car numbers are significant. Chick Hick’s number is 86. Pixar was formed in 1986. Lightning McQueen’s number is 95. Toy Story was released in 1995.

2. Mater’s license plate reads “A113”, yet another reference to the animation room at California Institute of the Arts, where many Pixar animators studied.

3. WILHELM SCREAM: Used by one of the cars in Lightning’s dream sequence. This is a very distinctive scream used in many movies, most notably all the star wars movies.

4. The King’s crash at the end of the movie is a virtual frame-by-frame re-creation of Richard Petty’s crash in the 1988 Daytona 500.

5. The race car tires have small print that says “Gamma Quadrant Sector 4,” reference to Toy Story 2 (1999) because the character of Zurg hides there.

6. Filmore, the VW Minibus voiced by George Carlin, has license plate ‘51237’. This is Carlin’s birth date - May 12, 1937.

7. After Doc talks to Mcqueen about his crash Lightning goes outside and on the big rock in the background there are the initials AS. These stand for Andrew Stanton who has worked on Pixar films Bugs Life and Finding Nemo with this director.

8. In many places you will find a lower case “i” like on the Wheel well gas pump. This is the i for the Incredibles logo and Monsters inc logo.

9. Just before Mcqueen gives his speach to the Rustese cars, when it goes quiet, we hear a car at the back shout “free Baird” pronounced “bird”. Baird is also a director with Pixar studios

Thanks for that list, -PixFan-. I few of those are already on the list, but some I had never even heard before. And the Cars section is looking a little bit bare at the moment, too, so thanks for those - I’ll add them on the next update. =)

I never noticed most of those things, -Pixfan-! You must be very observant. For example, the rock with the initials ‘AS’ on. Nice work! :smiley:

Wow, great job noticing those, -Pixfan-! Some I do already know about, but others are quite new to me.
off-topic: I hope I can tell the difference between the two Pixfans here on P.P.

-PixFan- - Good eye! Those are some great tidbits to add to the list. :wink:

rachel - By the way, I was reading snippets of the official “Definite Pixar In-Jokes” list, when I noticed an error under the Boundin’ section of the agenda. In that section, you wrote down this tidbit of information:

Unless I’m much mistaken, I believe that you meant to say, “A newly shorn sheep” and not, “A newly short sheep”. :wink:

– Mitch

Hey guys, I found a great site where there is alot of Easter Eggs!

…Here it is:

[url]http://eeggs.com/[/url] :smiley:

I’ve got quite a few updates to make to the list, but I just have to find a solid block of time to make the changes, so keep an eye out for it soon. =)

Mitch - Thanks for that correction! Well, I guess the sheep would have been a couple of inches shorter when his fleece got shorn off, heheh. But I changed it. =)

-PixFan- - I remember that site, used to visit it all the time. Thanks - I’m sure it will come in handy.

Guys, What do you think? Mater and Lightning are like Buzz And Woody. Mater was the guy in his town that wasn’t new ( and had a voice like Woody), while Lightning was like Buzz, who was new to the town.

([url]Toy Story Reference? - Cars - Pixar Planet Forums)

Rachel - Ha-ha! I didn’t think of that. I guess it works either way. :wink:

You’re welcome, all the same!

– Mitch

Ok, Can someone please tell me how you get a picture under your post? I’m pretty sure its a signature but i dont know how to get it? …Like how Mitch has the picture saying “Why so serious”. Thank you.

…Sorry im new here :frowning:

-PixFan- - For basic instructions on how to create your own signature, please refer to this thread:

Creating a Signature 101 (Windows)

The tutorial in that thread is not yet complete, but it covers the basics. If you’d like more information on how to obtain/create your own signature, feel free to send me a private message (PM) on the matter. :wink:

Back on-topic…

– Mitch

I was looking threw the “The Definitive Pixar In-Joke List”. I was looking at Toy Story 2 and saw “The pink bear from Toy Story is sold at Al’s Toy Barn”. I looked at the picture and noticed that Al’s Toy Barn Also Sells The Wooden Airplanes.

…I Really Hope This wasn’t mentioned, Really Sorry if it was.

Mitch: Thanks Alot! :smiley:

(Picture) - You can see the wooden airplanes on the right.

-PixFan- - Although the pink bear in that image has already been spotted and identified, I don’t think anyone mentioned that the Jr. Plane is shown in the same scene until now, if that’s even the same plane. Good eye!

You’re welcome for the assistance, by the way. (Oh, and just to let you know, if you’re going to create a signature and “wear” it here on the boards… it must be no more than 500 pixels wide by 175 pixels high.)

– Mitch

-PixFan- - I think we did reference the bear, but not sure about that plane… I checked the list and the plane isn’t on there. Thanks! If you look at that picture also, there’s a toy called ‘Rocket Butt’ - ha ha! Some of the toys sold at Al’s Toy Barn are really funny, well worth freeze framing.

Again, I was looking at the “The Definitive Pixar In-Joke List”. But this time i was looking at Monsters Inc. and saw “At the end of the movie, when Mike is leading Sulley away to show him a surprise, Roly Poly clown from Toy Story is in the background.”

I looked at the picture and saw that theres also the red unicycle from “Red’s Dream”.
(If you look very closely you can see it left of Roly Poly, and just under the Baloons)

…Also, in the same picture, you can see the same “Toy” from “Finding Nemo” Beside the Box full of toys. Its very small, so look closely. Its the Spinner thats blue and yellow.
(as you can see the toy from the picture above is the same toy just left of the Buzz Lightyear toy)
(Dont mind the red circles)

…Also Can the baloons in the “Monsters Inc. Picture” be a Reference to Up?

Thanks for those observations, -PixFan-! I’ll add them on the next update. =) I’m not sure if those balloons are a reference to Up, because that scene was in relation to Monsters, Inc. having a party, but you never know!

-Pixfan-: That Red Dreams reference was one I was about to point same with the balloons. Also that Spinner has been featured in Monster Inc earlier in the film and has re-appeared during the duration of the film.

I’m having a bit of trouble finding a good shot with “Gamma Quadrant Sector 4” on the tires. Do you have a screenshot you could show me?

Also, if you are going to copy and paste someone else’s in-jokes that they have found on another website, remember to credit them here. :wink: