The Definitive Pixar In-Jokes List

Hello all! I just registered my Pixar Planet account, but I’ve read a bunch of pages of this thread.

Only a few minutes ago I found this YouTube video and immediately thought of this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_CUgoPgQ … re=related

Some say it’s a fake- what’s your take on this?

Welcome, Pixarian! :smiley:
I’ve seen that video, too, and at first I thought it was real, but it’s been proven to be fake, unfortunately.

hmm… darn… oh well, that would’ve been really cool, though.

I can’t wait for Up, and to find all the hidden in-jokes in it!!! :smiley: I just found a more detailed trailer for it, and I’m excited.

I think the Cars one is the only real one. I could be wrong though.

How can you guy possibly say that stupid video is real. I know for a fact those references are NOT real. Can people please stop believing in that crap. :angry:

That video is fake. There are a few supposed Pixar in-jokes in the Up trailer that some people have spotted already, though.

Seeing as this was voted Best Thread, I guess I should keep the list updated more often. The Presto, WALL•E and BURN•E sections are now open! Check them out, and submit any in-jokes you’ve spotted that are not there. Thanks to anyone who submitted any so far! =)

rachel - I’ve got a few WALL-E references for you.

Jeff Pidgeon is the voice of the other human along with Andrew Stanton. Stanton explained that the cameo was done so that they both could relive their days as college roomates.

Crush from Finding Nemo appears as a mosaic during the end credits.

The Dinoco name and logo appear on a lighter.

I’ll upload my Findings of Wall-E when I buy the DVD, which I haven’t cause I didn’t have the time to.

I just looked at the Wall-E in-jokes and I can’t believe you guys found Mike, An in-joke which I wanted to reveal. Oh well.

Edit: What? You’s found the Leakless bottle as well. Another in-joke to write off the list.

Thanks for those references, Bill. I’ve added them to the list!

azzstar - I’d love to know what those two Up references you said you’d found are, as well as any other ones you’ve got.

This is an “other media” in-joke, but this video
youtube.com/watch?v=5JeOLAcWA98

showcases the Pizza Planet truck and an Eggman Movers truck (both from Toy Story) in the “The Incredibles” video game.

I knew the PP truck and Andy’s movie van were in the TI game. In fact, I always have fun playing Dash’s level.

I noticed EVE scanning the Pizza Planet truck when I first watched it as well but I think I might have found another Pizza Planet reference(it’s not much of one). When the captain is explaining Earth to the children near the end ( 1:29:38 ), he says 'This is called farming, you children are going to grow all sorts of plants, vegetable plants, PIZZA PLANTS. Sounds a bit like Pizza Planet? It’s a start to my (many future) reference spottings.

I’m not 100% sure of this but I’m fairly certain. In Wall•e’s truck I can see one of Sid’s mutant toys from Toy Story, the one with the creepy dolls head and spider legs. It’s on basically the first shelf you see in his truck, I think right after he hangs up his treads. It’s half hidden in shadows so at first I thought it was just a doll, but now that I’ve looked at it again I’m fairly certain it has mechanical spider legs. Sorry I don’t have a screenshot but if I remember next time I watch Wall•e I’ll check the time it appears at.

Halos Nach Tariff - Is this what you’re talking about?

It looks more like the doll is sitting on top of some other object besides spider legs, but it’s kind of hard to tell in that lighting. The head of the doll in these screenshots is different than the one in Sid’s bedroom, as well. It could be a slightly altered model of the same toy, though.

– Mitch

It could be, that’s certainly not Sid’s toy though, that one looks like it’s on top of an hourglass. I don’t remeber seeing it near the cutlery shelf either. But that may well be what I saw, if so my mistake. I’ll have another look and see if I can spot it again.

Halos Nach Tariff - Hmm. I see. Well, since it’s not on the same shelf, perhaps there are two dolls? I might look again myself to see if I can find what you saw. There’s so much junk in WALL•E’s truck that it’s difficult to spot everything the first time around…

– Mitch

That doll’s head reminds more of Boo…

Also, sorry for not updating this list, lately. I’ll try to soon.

Maybe someone has already discovered, but …
I now see the Wall-E and the first time he will see the video in the Ipod, the baton of Carl (UP) appears.

I also saw that there was a whale hidden in the background on the wall of the restaurant.

Is that maybe forshadowing for their next film Finding Nemo? Since they added other hints at Nemo in this film, I think it might be plausible.

What do you guys think?

Btw Rachael, awesome job on that list! I would have NEVER EVER caught those things without you telling me. Some of those things I had to take a double take at with the pictures in front of me! marvelous job! :smiley: