The Good Dinosaur (2015)

Attaching it to Inside Out makes the most sense. There’s only a few months between them after all, and Disney’s not releasing an animated movie in between. Plus they’ve been releasing more stuff (concept art, plot descriptions) lately, which seems to be in preparation for launching a proper marketing campaign once Inside Out is released.

Some early designs of The Good Dinosaur characters. Personally, I’m not to fond of their overly exaggerated designs.
[url]http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-the-good-dinosaur-character-key-art-75456/[/url]

After reading a plot synopsis of the film, Arlo’s father will die at the beginning of the film.

I hate to double post but this thread will need its own section soon.

Because…THE GOOD DINOSAUR TEASER IS HERE!
[url]THE GOOD DINOSAUR | Trailer UK | Official Disney UK - YouTube

Totally saw the gag with the meteor coming…still laughed anyway. :laughing:

Pretty good first impression. Got me pretty excited.

Well, it has me more exited then before. I’m still skeptical though. Like Brave, it’s gone though different directors, which can be good or bad. I’m not as excited for this film as I am Inside Out, but I’ll still see it.

Not totally sure how I feel about this. On the bright side, the cartoony character designs are cute and the animation in the teaser was beautifully done.

Really liked the new trailer. The character designs look really generic, but I’ll wait until we see more footage to let that bother me!

That trailer might just be one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen in my life. :open_mouth:

I’ve had my concerns for this movie due to the troubled development, but watching that trailer has eased many of my worries. So now I’m excited :smiley: I can just tell it’s going to be incredibly sweet—not to mention GORGEOUSLY animated. For real, each Pixar movie leaves me wondering how we can possibly get better from here, then they do exactly that. 8D The shot of them running along the river is absolutely breathtaking. Wow.

LOVE that new trailer!! Hopefully the story will be good as wel. I tend to like the trailers of my least favorite more than the trailers of my fave pixars. Hopefully this ain’t a bad omen :stuck_out_tongue:
At least it will be GORGEOUS to look at!!

Personally, I wasn’t impacted as much as I thought I was going to be when I saw the trailer, but after the success of Inside Out, I’m more than confident TGD will be another amazing movie.

First look at an upcoming TGD figure. Also reveals that one of the T-Rex’s name is “Butch”.
[url]https://instagram.com/p/6WLhjlIyTB/[/url]

I thought we already knew his name was Butch.

I’ve also heard the other two are his kids and named Nash and Ramsey, but it’s not really an entirely reliable source, though, could just be lies. :confused:

Still waiting for the theatrical release of “Inside Out” here, but I found out that at least this one is going to be released in Germany one day after the US.
I just hope that is going to be the new rule, not the exception.

New trailer!!
It looks so well, and I’m really getting used to the comicy style in contrast to the photo-realistic environment. There’s a lot of detail in the skin which will look even better on the big screen :slight_smile:

Cant wait, and the wait won’t even be this long!

[url]The Good Dinosaur Official US Trailer 2 - YouTube]

Not looking too good. The ugly backgrounds and the real cartoony looking characters don’t match. I like the characters. But the background world looks cheap and unfinished like.

The backgrounds look cheap? did we watch the same trailer?

I think its one of the best animation I’ve ever seen

Doesn’t look cheap at all to me - btw. when searching on youtube I found like at least five different trailers for this film. I haven’t watched all of them, kinda afraid of too many spoilers…

All right, so for the first time ever there were two Pixar films in a year. Here’s my review.

The main character is a young Dinosaur named Arlo. He lives with his family on a farm; they all have their duties to show their responsibility. If they get a big job done then they get their print on a corn silo. Arlo never gets to this so his father comes up with an idea to catch whoever is eating their food, it happens to be a human boy. When doing so a storm comes up and washes the dad away, killing up. Sometime later Arlo sees the boy again and he too gets washed away. They see each other again and they soon travel with each other to find Arlo’s home.

I thought the film was cute. I didn’t like it as much as Inside Our, but I liked it more then I thought I would. The visuals were fantastic, you would see hundreds of trees in the background and the water looked great too. I couldn’t find John’s voice, A113, or the PP truck. It had it’s sad moments like when Spot fins a new family to be with. The bad thing is that I think this will be the new A Bug’s Life. Just like that film is sandwiched in between the first two Toy Story’s, this film with be sandwiched in between Inside Out and Finding Dory. Inside Out is seen as their best film since Toy Story 3 and a ton of people have been waiting for Finding Dory. I think this film will fade away a little and will become similar to A Bug’s Life.

As for Finding Dory; it looks good. I wasn’t asking for a sequel, but I trust them with this and hope it becomes a success.

^If you look at the end credits, John Ratzenberger did the voice of Earl for this movie.

Also the main reason for a sudden absense of the so-called Easter eggs in this film may have something to do with the fact that most of the film has a prehistoric-type theme to it.

On the other hand, I found out that the movie was having its early viewings for a premiere opening night at my local Cinemark theater and that was how I got to see the 3D version of it right on the eve of its opening…as in, I went to see it on the night before it was supposed to come out! :smiley: