The Good Dinosaur (2015)

It looks good to me, though I’m not that interested that much yet. The reason why The Good Dinosaur is now on 2015 is to give TGD more time, incluiding Bob Peterson being dropped. Right now I don’t worry much about TGD, as many other animated features not made by Pixar are coming next year, like Mr. Peabody and Sherman.

I still can’t believe Pixar’s actually making a movie about dinosaurs. Eight-year-old me would’ve cried her eyes out in happiness.

I’m very excited, even if it’s gonna take another year. I really dig how the dino looks, and the little dude on his head’s cool too!

I don’t like the look of the poster. It also adds flames to my worry about the film being turned into a comedy.

Yes, I think the character design makes it obvious that the film will be more comedic than anything else.

Anyway, the poster has been revealed to be fake.

It’s not a fake, just not a poster released officially by Pixar. What I think happened was that before all the ruckus about pushing back the release date, Pixar was getting ready to release this teaser poster and possibly a teaser trailer with Monsters University. Well things happened and that plan didn’t come to pass, but the teaser didn’t just disappear. Somebody got hold of it and shared it with the world, without Pixar’s consent.

Dunno if the directorship change would affect the character design, but as of right now, it looks a little too comedic and short on sophistication to me.

We’ll it’s a mock-up, actually, which is midway between fake and legit.

That means it was designed by the studio, but it uses stock elements instead of the real deal from the film.

I doubt the design will be much altered, taking in consideration that the time they’d need for that.

Fake poster or not, I’m still psyched about this film. The character design is interesting and cute, if it is the real thing, and I think more likely than not the film will be more artistic and heartfelt than it might look. Bring on the dinos, Pixar! Even if it takes an extra year!

Do you think the teaser trailer will be on the Monsters Univeristy DVD?

No. I already watched the Blu-ray and it isn’t there, which was already known.

With all the trouble this film had, I doubt they’ve been able to put together a trailer.

Just changed the release year on the thread’s title.

I do feel like the character design maybe could use more… sophistication? But it’s sort of charming and round and simple. I like how exaggerated the dinosaur is.

I find the character design a bit too cartoony, but once I see the movie, maybe I’ll warm up to it. :slight_smile:

I am so bummed about not having a Pixar film in 2014. But there’s no point crying over spilt milk. I’m happier that they’re taking longer to make a good film than rushing to make a potentially bad film.

Mom told me they may have had to move release date and change storyline because of another dinosaur movie expected to be released soon.

Do you mean Walking With Dinosaurs? I think it looks a bit like the Disney movie Dinosaur…

Pretty sure that was not the reason.

Anyways what pixar references do you think The Good Dinosaur will have like the Pizza Planet tuck Could appear as a Cave painting. But i don’t know how would A113 appear in this film.

We have a screencap people! And it’s real this time! Check out this article! It’s really cool and it sheds some light on the directorial situation as well as the film itself. And the adorableness that is Arlo and Spot. That too…
latimes.com/entertainment/mo … story.html

I’m pretty sure that’s concept art, not a screencap.

Huh, the concept for The Good Dinosaur toys sounds interesting. TOMY seems to be making remote controlled figures in addition to the action figures. No images yet, but we might get a preview at the New York Toy Fair.

Here’s a link to the website: [url]http://www.licensemag.com/license-global/dcp-readies-toys-pixar-films[/url]