The Great Suggestions Thread

First off, thanks to Rachel for adding my idea of a “last logged in” feature to the list :slight_smile: .

Second, I’ve got another suggestion. I don’t know if it’s happened to other people or not, but I’ve had trouble with sending/receiving PMs in the past. I don’t know if somthing could be done to fix this or not, I just thought I’d bring it to light. Maybe, at least some kind of conformation that the person you were PMing got the message. Like, if they don’t want to right a long reply, that can just hit “confirm received message” when they’ve read it. I know there’s the “Out Box” and “In Box,” but I think even messages that I sent that didn’t go through still ended up it the “Out Box.” It’s no emergency, it’s just a suggestion :slight_smile: .

Oh, also, is there a reason that it automatically logs you out of the forums when you’ve been siting for a while. I’ve been in the middle of long messages or posts and once I go and hit “submit” it says I’ve been logged out (and sometimes, I loose everything I typed). Again, just a suggestion. Thanks!

Violet Parr: I believe the ‘Sent Box’ shows messages you have sent which have been received and opened, so you would know it has reached the sender and he/she has read, if at least, clicked on the message.

As for the accidental log-outs, it has happened to me several times before, but not for a while. But maybe site admins should look into giving users the option to set the duration before a forced log-out?

Actually, I am aware of the functions of the "Out Box" and "Sent Box." But if I remember correctly, I’ve sent messages, and they when into the Sent Box, but the person never received them. I could be wrong. Thank you, though, [b:1kju7693]TDIT[/b:1kju7693] :) .

And user-set times might be good. It is frustrating to loose everything you write :-\ .

I was going to make this a new thread, but then I found this one. I haven’t had time to read this whole thread yet, so I’m sorry If someone has already sent this, but does anyone else think that it would be cool to update the Toy Story themes for Pixar Planet and Upcoming Pixar? There are many TS2 characters among them both, so adding some 3 characters would be cool too!

We should have the ability to text into here and post!

Would it be possible for one of the active mods to edit the front page of this thread?

Consider it done, love70ways. :slight_smile:

Sorry, I’m not sure what you mean. Could you elaborate, please?

Do you mean being able to post from a mobile phone? Like, using your texting service to make posts here, instead of being limited to using a phone capable of internet access?

In that case, we’d have to have like, a “mobile” version of PP, I’m not sure how that could be done, but it’s been done with other sites, so… :laughing:

little chef

You would, like, type the name of the thread you wanna post in, then type your message and BOOM! there it is.

That seems wicked complicated to me…

Wouldn’t there have to be some kind of Pixar Planet App for that to work?

I was thinking we should have something like a party, around Christmas or other times, have a chat or something and try to get a lot of members to join. We can talk about whatever we want as long as it doesn’t break the rules.

Is it possible to regain the icons under the username that indicated the user groups you’re in?

Yeah, I liked that.

You know what? I totally forgot about those. We can always ask Phileas and see if he can do something about it.

Totally. Another thing is that the “Upcoming Events” is REALLY outdated. In next event it says Toy Story 3 release date the the DVD/Blu-Ray release date is unknown. That NEEDS to be updated.

I agree. The Upcoming Events column on the main page has been outdated for over a year now. I think it should be replaced with the Cars 2 DVD release date or Brave’s release date.

I thought it had to do with the site getting relaunched.

I think I am still able to update the pixarplanet.com main page, so I will try to update that list soon.

why didn’t anyone ever update it.

Um, because we all kind of have lives outside this forum. :confused:

Also probably because the task was never really assigned to anyone so it just got forgotten about.