The Great Suggestions Thread

Okay, revision III:

• Some shading underneath Pixar in Pixar Planet Forums. Thanks for the suggestion, TDIT & ffdude.
  • Different shot of Doug. Thanks for the link, TDIT.

img75.imageshack.us/img75/2020/ppup3.jpg

Bryko - the hair on the other side of Muntz’ head is still there, but just small. I re-did Muntz, but it looks exactly the same, so I didn’t bother putting the re-did version. Just to let you know :slight_smile:

And thanks to TSS, ffdude, & TDIT for the kind compliments. It drives me to do better work guys :wink:

Thanks for the critiquing guys!

Haha, I believe we have a winner! Excellent job Phileas, it looks great! I’m glad you didn’t use the shot of Dug I was expecting (the one where he’s just sitting and smiling, that’s my least favorite shot of him) and that shot of Carl worked a bit better than I expected, although I think it could still be better. Don’t fiddle with it any more unless you really want to, it looks excellent! The text is also much better now, glad you fixed it! Great job!

Thanks for taking my advice aboard, Phileas! Like ffdude said, it’s good to follow constructive criticism, but feel free to imbue it with your own creative decisions, too! Maybe you can turn out several samples, and have a community voting to choose the best one. :wink:

I like that idea of letting fans vote for their favorite one TDIT.

Wow! That banner looks awesome, Phileas! Well done!

I guess also the icons need to be made in addition to that banner, such as to mark read and un-read forums. As for how to change the skins, we actually don’t have a forum coder for the moment, but we will have to get onto that and perhaps advertise for a coder again. Thanks again for making that, though. =)

I’d suggest either balloons, badges, or a grape soda bottle cap for the forum icons, you’d have to get more creative for the other character images that are around the pages. This is all hypothetical at the moment, as Rachel pointed out. We’ll get something great together at some point, I’m sure.

I’m liking the grape soda bottle cap idea. :sunglasses:

Thanks again for the compliments - much appreciated. :wink:

I am currently working on the rest of the graphics skin-wise, and I’m currently trying to make a good read/unread icon with the bottle caps, as per with the bottle cap suggestion.

rachelcakes - I’ve actually “reverse-engineered” in the skin (naughty me :stuck_out_tongue:) to get the actual dimensions of the header. Through that I’ve found that most of the skin modifications is easy through CSS, and I am more than happy to help out with that. :slight_smile:

Yeah, as I posted that and came up with more ideas, the grape soda pin one kinda felt like the best bet, I’m glad you think so too.

@Phileas, haha! Hopefully this will be relatively simple to add! I can’t wait to start using this puppy! I think some of the existing skins could be spruced up a bit, all that would really need to be done is replace filenames in the code. Could be wrong, I’m just guessing. It’d be great to see a new, sleeker look for this place. :wink:

Agreed, the characters/banner changing is cool, but aside from that all the skins are really basic gradients, colors or patterns. They seem kind of bland.

If you guys need help I could design something, but I am not familiar the phpbb software and I can’t code.

But I do have experience with other forum skins/themes. :smiling_imp:

If you’ve got some experience with that stuff, I think you and Phileas should collaborate towards it MajesticStorm, that way it would have a more uniform look between different themes. It’d be a bit strange to have drastically different themes for the same board, and that’d make coding it that much more difficult. I’d love to help if I can, this place is a home away from home, people actually get me here XD I’d love to give back.

Just to let you know Thomas has given me the all-clear and I’m now working hard to create the new PP forums Up theme. :smiley:

Chris: The theme will be based on the existing themes, and all that will change is the colours of the board (to a darker blue) and all the graphics.

Emotions will be up once I finish the skin.

Well, if you’re gonna be able to add the Up theme (I can’t wait! Excellent job with the banner again) I think we should spruce up the other themes as well. Granted, it’s a big task to overtake, but I think it would really help this place out. Again, I’d love to help where I can, if you can think of anything I could be included in, I’d be up for it. Good luck with the Up theme!

Sounds good, Phileas! I love the banner that you’ve already created, so I’m sure your Up theme for the boards will be just as great. :smiley:

Hey guys! I’ve finally finished a mock-up which provides the look and feel of the skin. This is not actually a fully-coded skin, and it’s not available to put on yet (although once the green light’s been given, it’s easy to implement as a skin :slight_smile: ).

Comments welcome. Enjoy :smiley:

pixarplanet.com/forums/phile … _skin.html

To be fixed:

1. Skin chooser needs to be fixed. It’s playing up for me. Is it playing up for everybody else?

I LOVE IT!!! It’s perfect. And I love the thread titles and posters. :laughing:

Impressive! I wish I could do that :cry:

JK :laughing:

It looks perfect! Really nice Phileas!

Phileas, super job!!
That looks FANTASTIC!
Just one question, would you be willing to do that for Upcoming Pixar?
It’s in need of a MAJOR update and you’re pretty much THE person for the job.
I don’t know, maybe you’ve been asked to help already and I’m being redundant, but if you agree that would just be awesome!!!
Thanks for helping out on PP, and sorry to everyone for my lack of posts here. I can barely manage to do that on UP anymore. :stuck_out_tongue:

I want a Up theme!