The Incredibles 2

Awesome news, and that poster is just perfect! :mrgreen:

According to a article I read, Brad Bird say he had ideas he wanted to use in the first movie that he will incorporate into the second movie. I’m very excited for it, but at the same time, I’m very curious as to what he could put in. After all, Brad Bird had a lot of genius ideas that never made it in, and I’m talking more than the deleted scenes and original opening. But what do you all think?

Incredibles 2 release date confirmed! June 21st, 2019!
It’s too far away, but I have something to look forward to for the next 4 years.

And in other news, Michael Giacchino is returning to score the soundtrack for the Incredibles 2

Hope the original voice actors all return, especially Sarah Vowell as Violet, my favorite character

Of course, I mean…TI2 without him would be like Star Wars VII without John Williams. :mrgreen:

I 2nd that easily, it depends on whether or not we get a timeskip or not (as many people have stated that Violet might get recast should they age her to be in her 20s as Vowell probably wouldn’t want to play an adult version of her character if she can’t get her voice right), and speaking of Ms. Vowell wonder what Spencer Fox’s been up to since he lost his Dash gig to Ocha? There are rumors stating Fox may not reprise his role due to his current age (pulling a Nemo)? (The same would apply to Raymond Ocha as well (who is the current voice actor for Dash), as he’s currently approaching his teen years.)

And there appears to be rumors about Jack-Jack lots of rumors (most of which are thinking he’s going to be the main character with a 6 year time skip), but hopefully it’s bound to be an awesome film regardless although the sequel is going to tear the fanbase apart regardless which direction Bird takes the film, but we’ll all see it anyways (in theaters or on DvD or reruns), we’ve waited over 10 years for a sequel.

Welcome to Pixar Planet Violet Darkside. I’m assuming by your username, you are a fan of both Violet Parr and Star Wars?

And you’re right about the voice actors. If we do have a time lapse, that means mroe than likely we will get new voice actors for their part as well. And JJ being a main character is all rumors and speculation for now until Brad Bird can provide something a little more concrete. But I trust him. 10 years is an awfully long time.

Yup I agree, but knowing Bird he would want to focus more on the family in general, which is why if we get a time lapse (if we do), it’s only going to be a full year rather than 15 years (save the bigger stuff for a 3rd installment), I don’t think he’s focusing on the kids grown up just yet, he’s saving it for later, since it’s obvious he would want Craig T. Nelson and Holly Hunter back playing their characters using the same designs they had in the 1st film (along with Sarah Vowell back playing Violet).

Yes I’m both a Violet and a Star Wars fan (the latter being a huge part of my childhood), but Violet defined my teen years easily and brought me back into being a superhero fan in general (Superman was my favorite superhero until Violet stole the show, funny how an untrained (soon-to-be mastered) super teenage can upset the Man of Steel for a fan’s favorite character).

You and me both. Violet is just such an inspiring character for me that to this day, she is still my favorite character, possibily my favorite super hero. :slight_smile:

I’m attending next year’s D23 convention with some friends. I hope they reveal more about the movie then and there.

Big news! Incredibles release date got moved up one year, so instead of it coming out 2019, it’s coming out 2018.

June 15th to be exact.

[url]https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2016/10/26/breaking-toy-story-4-and-the-incredibles-2-get-new-release-dates/?cmp=smc|636689166[/url]

^I just read about that tonight, too! How very exciting it is, indeed.

I found out about this a few days ago, I’m so happy that they’ve brought it forward, seeing as this is the more anticipated sequel compared to TS4. Production of this sequel was progressing nicely according to Brad Bird, so it makes sense to set out an earlier release! :smiley:

I sure am glad Incredibles 2 is gonna be Pixar’s 20th feature-length film. Can you believe that? 20 straight Pixar movies at that, wow! And this here little fact I just noticed is what’s making me excited even more! (Whoo-hoo! Yeah! Let’s party! Whoo! Oh, yeah! This is great! Very exciting! :smiley: )

starts dancing to her Incredibles soundtrack CD which is now almost over as I type this** 8D

With D23 coming up literally next week, I’m super anticipating they will release a teaser of TI2 over there. But here is a concept artwork that was released for the upcoming Pixar sequel.

News of The incredibles 2

• Will take place right after the first movie
  • Jack-Jack seems to be a funny memorable character
  • Theme about family that resonates

here’s the link to the interview with John Lassiter.

[url]http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07/14/the-incredibles-2-takes-place-immediately-after-the-first-film[/url]

I think the first trailer will be released in front of Coco in November.

The movie’s finally out! And it’s glorious :smiley:

Seriously, they did a great job balancing action sequences, heartfelt family themes, and sprinkling in a few twists that kept it from feeling like a repeat of the first film. It definitely hits a few of the same notes tonally, especially toward the end, but I’m not complaining.

I was happy that [spoil]Winston, the ambitious businessman archetype who had the highest likelihood of being the main villain, was actually just a good guy, and that it was his sister puppeting everything. Not a terribly unpredictable twist, but nonetheless a variance from what one might expect in a Disney film.[/spoil]

Also, there was a good amount of social/political comedy in there. [spoil]From Tony’s remark “I’m not afraid of powerful women, I’m pretty secure” to Frozone running away from the cops after the Underminer fight to Violet’s “She’s rich, she’ll probably just get a slap on the wrists”, Brad Bird is killing it.[/spoil]

One question I have - in the opening scene, [spoil]when Dicker is interrogating Tony, it flashes back to the scene at the end of the first Incredibles when Tony and Violet arrange the date. Was that animation redone, or directly taken from the first? It looked like it was staged the same, but also looked really good visually, so I think it may have been redone.[/spoil]

I saw this with my fiancé a couple days after opening weekend. We both thoroughly enjoyed it, though he fell asleep halfway through because we went to a late showing. :laughing: The audience was wonderful and applauded at the beginning and end of the film, which made me smile!

Personally I feel that the sequel had a weaker storyline than the first film, and you can call the villain pretty early on. On that note, I also think the villain had a lot more potential that wasn’t fully utilized, or really utilized at all. [spoiler]The concept of the Screenslaver could be used to mind-control the masses, subconsciously directing their actions to do its bidding, and controlling how people interpret media and what they’re being told. Instead they chose to focus only on using the technology to make supers look bad, which brings me to another point.

Winston Deaver’s whole mission was to legalize supers again and restore the public’s positive view of them. At the beginning of the film, they were still illegal and poorly-received in the public eye. Evelyn didn’t have to play into what Winston was doing, because later she essentially has to undo all of it when the work was already done for her at the onset. She could have used Screenslaver to keep the status quo or destroy supers under the radar without the extra leg work.

There’s just a lot that doesn’t really add up to a whole lot of believably with the villain, though it’s not enough to make the movie less enjoyable, just a lot of lost potential I’m kinda sad about.[/spoiler]

The family dynamics were handled well and you could see how the family unit felt a lot more close following the events of the first film. Also, the role-reversal with Helen going off to work while Bob stayed to care for the children was done in a way that, although Bob floundered for the most part, it wasn’t portrayed in a way that made him look a stupid or incapable dad. He was the one used to being the breadwinner and working outside of the home, so naturally he’s not as familiar with the nuances of running the household.

One of my favorite scenes was [spoil]Helen’s apartment building heist, and the fight between the “Screenslaver” and Helen. It was pretty intense compared to what we are used to seeing from Pixar, and I found that refreshing. The tension is built up really well, and keeps you on the hook right up until the climax. Plus, that creepy, whispery monologue playing in the background while Helen was breaking in…? So good.[/spoil]

NachozRule, to your last comment about the opening scene: Yes, that scene with Tony and Violet before the track meet was completely re-animated, and I thought it looked amazing! There’s a comparison video I saw posted on Tumblr which you can watch here. It’s still mind-blowing to see them played side-by-side like that and realize how far they’ve come with their animation technology.

Lastly… is anyone else completely enamored with Tony Rydinger’s updated design, or is it just me? :stuck_out_tongue: I never liked him in the first movie, but I adored him in the sequel! He’s shown to be so much more endearing and, like, a normal awkward teen as opposed to Mr. Cool Guy. I loved that. Plus, he honestly looks like he could be somehow distantly related to Alfredo Linguini and I found that adorable, haha.

little chef