The Incredibles BOOM Comic Book Series

You’re totally welcome Vi.

Here is my review for the recently released Incredibles #0 issue.

[spoil]First off, this issue takes place after the Super Hero Relocation Act had been established. This is apparent when we see Bob Parr still working at his job at Insuracare. The next page kinda of made my eyes pop open. We see Helen Parr pregnant. The family shows great interactions and they definetely stay in character. My favorite lines include:

Violet: He called me a freak!

Dash: You are a freak.

Violet: I know! But you don’t have to remind me all the time!

My only complaint about Violet as of now is her clothing. In the movie, she is seen wearing a indigo colored, long-sleeved shirt. In the comic, she is wearing a purple T shirt. And her hear isn’t curtained as much like in the movie.

I got a good chuckle when Helen tricked Bob in thinking that it was time to deliver the baby. Bob was so funny panicking and busting down the wall. He was even more funny when he was franticly trying to drive to Doc Sunbright.

I might be nitpicking, but I noticed a error in regards to time setting. Most likely, the Incredibles were set in the 1960s-70s. however, one “security guard” called Bob Danica Patrick, who rose to fame in this decade.

The action scene was pretty intense and plentiful. Even Violet got more action than I expected. ALl the while, not only I was concerned for the safety of the kids, but for Helen too because she’s in labor while Bob fights a lot of cool looking, cliched-like bad guys.

And finally, the last page. The little baby of the family is born. Yes folks, his entire full name is revealed: John Jackson Parr, Jack-Jack for short. I don’t like the first name, but Jackson is a very cute name for him.

Overall, a very enjoyable read. I couldn’t help but nitpick because after studying the Incredibles universe for almost 4 years, you start to catch things that don’t seem right.[/spoil]

I know this is probably the Stupidest question in the world… but…

Where can a Brit get hold of the series?

I’ve gone up and down the stockists of both comic books and graphic novels and can find absolutely nothing…

Its kind of annoying again… and its adding another string to the “Disney don’t do International” Bow I’m building

I am not sure if Boom Studios is planning on selling this internationally Captain Pan. So I really don’ know the answer to your question.

Now that feels like a Kick in the teeth TSS

I’ll have to work out some other way of getting them!

If only I knew some americans who I could organize a deal with?

The Star Swordsman- Sounds like a great one, TSS :slight_smile: ! I really, REALLY have to find a comic book store in my area.

[spoil]I’m glad the action was good, and that Violet’s getting more screen time, or, in this case, panel time :wink: . The small dialog you included told me that they are definitely staying in-character, as you said. Oh, and about Violet not wearing the same clothing, I noticed that in the other comics, too. In the movie, she always wears button-downs. But in the comic, she wears a T-shirt. But you’re bound to have at least some inconsistencies when you’re not dealing with the same writer. And I don’t think a lot of people get what time line The Incredibles was set in, so that might be another resone.[/spoil]

[spoil]Hmm… John Jackson Parr, huh? Wow! I thought his name was Jack. Well, I like Jackson, because it’s closer to his nickname, but John? I don’t know, there’s nothing wrong with it, it just doesn’t seem… him. Although, once I was reading a fanfic, and I think that person used that name, or something close to it. Anyway, yeah, Jackson is cute. I wonder when he gets older what they’ll call him.[/spoil]

Anyway, sounds like a great comic! I can’t wait to get it! Thanks for the review, TSS :smiley: !

I can guarentee that you will love it Violet Parr.

Well, it’s been a bit of a wait and a trip to two different comic stores, but I finnaly got it :smiley: ! The new Incredibles comic! and it was incredible! I liked this one a lot better than the first run. The Incredible family seemed a lot more in-character than in the last one.

Violet and Dash’s sibling rivalry, Violet’s smart-Alec comments, and Bob’s teeny-weeny car, it was all in there. The art inside the comic was also a lot better and closer to the original style than in the first one. It was nice to see a pre-mission story of the family. I’m assuming Violet was about twelve and Dash was nine in the comic (since Jack-Jack was one in the movie this would’ve been taking place one year before the movie). I liked the part were Violet accidentally trapped her dad in her force field instead of Dash. That was pretty funny. And to see Bob’s reaction… and poor Violet all scared of him. I felt kinda sorry for her. What I find really amazing is how Bob can control a situation on the field with a bunch of bad guys, but even after already having two kids, he gets all freaked-out when Helen goes into labor. But my favorite part was Violet and Bob’s fight scene. Though Violet wasn’t seen doing much, it was still nice to see Bob call upon her for a change. The end was very sweet, with the whole family and Dr. Sunbright gathered around Helen and Jack-Jack. Very sweet.

Over-all, it was a great comic. But I do have one question. Is this the start of another story arc, or just a stand-alone comic?

I loved your review VIolet Parr. And to answer your question, it is the start of another story-arc. The story is supposedly an on-going series. I’m not sure if the plots will change every couple issues, but the first story is:

[spoil]Jack-Jack is sick. And at the same time, civilians all over Metroville are gaining Super powers.[/spoil]

Thanks, TSS :slight_smile: ! Do you have any idea when the next issue is coming out?

Violet Parr: According to the Boom Studios website, the next issue is scheduled for release this coming Wednesday.

This Wednesday? Awesome :smiley: ! I can’t wait! We’ll have to make another trip to the comic store :wink: .

Same here Violet Parr. Same here.

Actually Violet Parr, the comic book will be relased on the 30th instead of the 23. sorry for giving you the wrong info.

Oh, that’s OK, TSS. We need to wait till we have the money for it anyway. But thank you for taking the time to correct it :slight_smile: .

Finally!!! I finally got my hands on the new Incredibles comic book! Here is my review of Incredibles #1

[spoil]This story takes place at the present day of the Incredibles. We find them at the grand opening of the newest Super Shopping Mall. But we learn from the first panel that jack-jack is sick. (He sneezes a lot). The writers did a great job sticking to the characters because helen is really concerned with his son’s illness and wishes to go home. Dash is veryenergetic and impatient of exploring the mall.

When the Ungorrilla attacks, things get chaotic. but I saw something wierd when Violet was changing into her super sui, her street clothes looked like they were desintegrating away. Poor Violet was assigned to take care of jack-Jack. it was so cute of her complaining to her mom. And you can tell later on that she was really bored.

The fight was intense, especially for Dash. He beat up a lot of bad guys. When jack-jack got captured, I thought that something bad was going to happen to him. I was scared for Violet being trapped in all the debris. but she luckily got out. But what really hit me was the a panel of Violet in tears, crying that she lost Jack-jack.

We see Violet sulking that she failed, but dash, being a good brother tries to comfort her. (kinda short but sweet).

We later go to helen, Bob, Rick, and Sunbright. We find out that jack-Jack is a plague carrier of a virus. I found it surprising that Rick has labeled Mr. Incredible’s youngest son a threat. This makes things harder on the family. But when JackJack’s signal beeps, the family rush to save him.

Foward to the henchman that kidnapped Jack-Jack. it is a really clever concept aboutt rights for henchmen. most henchmen are just underlings who get the worst job and the least paid. The henchman who kidnaped jack_jack believes in taking control of their destiny and no longer be the one that gets bossed or kicked around. it was a funny segment because no one took him seriously as a leader.

The incredibles bust in, along with Rick and a couple agents. Jack-Jack sneezes and gives every henchmen powers. The baddies surround the incredibles as the comic ends.

(Why do i get a feeling that Frozone is going to rush in and save them?)

Anyways, it was a very enjoyable comic. I really loved reading it. The wait was long, but it was worth it. I can’t wait for next month’s issue.[/spoil]

Aaahhhhh :slight_smile: … AWESOME! I’m practically drooling over the coolness that this comic seems to have, and the suspense… We’ll have to make a trip to the comic store again :smiley: … Thanks for the review, TSS! I can’t wait to read it! I see Violet’s been getting a lot more time in the spotlight :wink: . I actually thought this comic was going in a whole different direction, myself. I’m glad to see it went the way it did, though.

I’ll admit, we see more of Vi than the previous books, even though it wasn’t for a long of a time.

Well, that’s a good thing :wink: , seeming as pretty much everyone loves Violet. I really can’t wait to get the new comic :slight_smile: ! Thanks again for the review, TSS :smiley: ! I’ll post my review once I get it.

Okay. After the “Jack-Jack sickness” storyarc, the next arcs that Boom Studios plan on doing includes “Glory Days Mr. incredibles (and maybe Elastigirl) meeting with their kids in the future”, and “Dash overmagining his teacher as an lien from outer space.”