The "Introduction/I'm Back" Thread

[b]Fairly Odd New

Yorker[/b] - Oh no no no…I wasn’t referring to that at all. I wasn’t saying that your posts were

“unclean” at all; what I meant to say was that we like to keep it clean here – it was just a

fore-warning, if you get my meaning. Please forgive me if I insulted you. :wink:

And I can relate to those

feelings of depression, as well. I also get them every once in a while. I can’t wait until I get out of the teen

years… :unamused:

Mitch - yeah , well i’m

into my first 7 months of teen and i can’t wait for it to be over already ! lol

ok just gettin a little

too of topic

Hey FONY! Welcome back. Just as always, welcome to PixarPlanet. I hope things here are more hospitable to

you.

Nice to see you around again, FONY. Pleased that you’re back. :smiley:

FOOOONNNYYY! Nice to see you again =D

[b]Hi my name is miss

mode.[/b]

[b]Welcome to Pixar Planet Miss Mode and have a great time. :smiley:

[/b]

Yes, welcome

miss mode! I trust that you will enjoy your stay here. :wink:

Miss Mode, I’m sure you will find the atmosphere

here at Pixarplanet quite friendly. I hope you enjoy your time here.

welcome to pixar

planet Miss Mode ! have fun and maybe even start some of your own topics !

Hi peoples ! i just wanted to let you know , just because she has no posts , country-girl93

isn’t a bot . she’s actually one of my friends that i convinced to looked at this forum to see that i’m not as

obsessed with pixar as she thinks i am . i mean look at all u weirdos . lol jk :wink: .

so just be

nice peoples . plz ? or else in her eyes we’d be mean and weird . :smiley:

no

that i’m saying u wouldn’t be nice , but still .

Okay. We welcome her to PixarPlanet. I’m happy that she is a real member.

HI!

My

name’s Heather, i’m 17 and live in central Pennsylvania. I love to read, write, draw, sing, quote movies

randomly with my brother in the middle of conversation, and work with my horses. I’m a senior in highschool and

after graduating I hope to go to an art school so I can someday work for Disney or Pixar…that’s my

dream

I decided to join because I liked the thought of a Pixar based forum, if I try talking with my

friends about it I usually get some blank stares :unamused:

So Hi! I’m happy to see others who love Pixar

work as much as I do!

Well, once aain,

welcome to Pixar Planet.

Welcome to Pixar Planet, Heather! :smiley: I know exactly how

you feel about the whole blank stares thing, so I think I can assure you that you won’t be disappointed here,

seeing as it’s worked wonders for me. And it’s always fantastic to see another artist here who’s aspiring to

work at Pixar, even if the plethora of artists makes me feel slightly inadequate from time to time. :unamused: I hope

you have a blast here!

Welcome (again)! I also

know how you fell with the blank stares . My friends are sometimes like " can you not talk about Cars for at

least one day ? " . And then I have to remind them i’m obsessed with pixar , not cars . i mean it’s not

like it’s my fault most of the pixar news has been about cars !

Well, I kinda just realized that I haven’t actually

posted about myself here. Which is somewhat surprising, because I just love talking about myself.

My

profile on the main page has a little bit, but it’s very brief there’s certainly more I’d love to share about

myself. As mentioned there, my name’s Duncan and I’m a high-school sophomore living in the great state, pardon

me, the great commonwealth (:roll:) of Virginia, U.S. of A. I am, believe it or

not, a Pixar fanatic. Yep, it’s the truth. I saw The Incredibles when it came out in theaters, and thought it

was a great film. I’ll tend to develop a certain level of fanaticism for this, that, and the other whenever

something new comes out (for instance, I’m a Harry Potter fan, but I’m only a Harry Potter fanatic when

there’s a new book or movie), and it was during this period of fanaticism that I stumbled across an Incredibles

fansite. If I hadn’t joined up, I honestly think that my obsession probably would have died down and I

wouldn’t have remained the dedicated Pixar freak that I am today, which is a very scary thought that never

ceases to make me shudder. I made many good friends on the site, and before long I was starting to become

interested in Pixar’s other masterpieces. Apparently, others at the site were, too, because it eventually

morphed from an Incredibles fansite into a Pixar fansite. I got all the other Pixar DVDs for Christmas at some

point during all of this. The Incredibles, despite being my introduction to Pixar, took a back seat to such

films as Monsters, Inc. and A Bug’s Life. Cars came out and my fanaticism grew a hundred-fold. The fansite

died.

BUT! One of the wonderful moderators there happened to be a fellow by the name of Dash. We’d

gotten to know each other fairly well, and so I followed him around, like a faithful little puppy, to a few other

forums until one day when lo and behold, I found that he’d taken it upon himself, along with a few other folks

from the old Incredibles/Pixar site, to create a brand new, state-of-the-art, and overall incredibly spiffy Pixar

fansite, christened as Pixar Planet.

And that is a very long, but very fun to write, history of the events

leading up to Pixar Planet through my eyes. It also all but completely neglects to introduce me myself. So

that’s next. (Yes, there’s more. Bear with me. But I’m enjoying it, which is all that matters.

:smiley:)

So, my life with Pixar has pretty much been detailed rather well in the above segment, so now all the

other stuff about me. For the title of love of my life, Pixar is tied with, or, believe it or not, perhaps even

slightly behind the theatre; I was in my first school play two years ago when I got hurt in athletics, which was

a great relief because I’d never really enjoyed playing sports all that much anyways, and it didn’t take me

long at all to realize that the theatre was my calling in my life.

While I don’t exactly play sports, I

love watching them, and am a huge ice hockey fan. My favorite team is the New York Rangers, which is mostly

because I love New York City, which is mostly because of Broadway, which goes to show that theatre really has

spilled over into most every aspect of my life.

I’m an avid reader, with far too many individual books to

list, but my two favorite authors are Douglas Adams (best-known for [i]The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the

Galaxy[/i] and its sequels) and Michael Crichton (best-known for having his book

Jurassic Park turned into a good-but-not-nearly-as-good-as-the-book

film).

I’m a Monty Python fanatic. Eh? Eh? Know what I mean? Know what I mean? Say no more!

I

have a large interest in science, especially theoretical physics and astronomy. I read [i]A Brief

History of Time[/i] in my free time a few years ago, back when I had free time, and I’m always on the

lookout for anything NASA-related in the news.

I like pretty much any music, from country to techno to

easy listening, although I can’t stand rap and I’m not a huge fan of heavy metal. I’m a big Weird Al fan;

that man is a genius.

And that’s all I can think of. Now you all know more about me than you ever wanted

to know. :smiley:

(whistles down ) that’s a long post

DElf !

Oh well , thats what you like to do anyway .

did i mention i had to look back to make sure

i was on the right post ? lol

I’m glad you found something you enjoy, theator is an

interesting business

Monty Python eh? Say no more!
And Weird Al is a genius…I say you’ve got good

taste :laughing:

Hey, I think I

remember posting in a thread like this, but I’ll do it again anyway.

I’m TheIncredible, and I love Pixar

more than anything else. I’m a senior in high school from the San Francisco Bay Area (home of Pixar). I am

aspiring filmmaker, thanks to Pixar. Pixar has influenced my life in so many ways, since the first time I saw Toy

Story at age 6.

Pixar is just amazing!!!