The Muppets (2011)

That’s right, next Christmas, there is going to be a new Muppet movie! The plot is about Gary, Mary, and Walter (a man, his girlfriend, and the man’s life-long nondescript, brown puppet best friend) getting the old Muppet gang — now retired entertainers known for the same Muppet show we know them from — together to save the TV studio that the original show was shot in. A villain, Tex Richman, bent on drilling for oil underneath the studio, is due to take over the studio in weeks and the only way to stop him? Putting on a show that draws ten million viewers."

For more info, check out this website, it also has pictures of the new Muppet, Walter: muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_movie_news

Personally, I think Walter is a little out of place, and overly “modern” for The Muppets, but I think it still looks good. It’s kind of weird that it’s not coming out for an entire year, though.

Yeah, but from what I read, Walter isn’t even a Muppet at all: He’s a puppet that wants to be a Muppet. :confused:

Sweet, The Muppets are my heroes.

I like both Jason Segel and The Muppets, so this looks good to me. Very good. I’m excited!

I want to see it. :slight_smile:

I really want to see it. I used to love The Muppets when I was a kid. For some reason, though, I never liked Sesame Street.

Really? I was the opposite! I still have my Elmo doll. :laughing:

I just found out that Mickey Rooney filmed a cameo in November, and Ricky Gervais confirmed that he’ll also be doing a cameo.

Awesome! I like both of those guys!

No matter how many times The Muppets can appear at Disney’s California Adventure or with Mickey Mouse, I still have a very difficult time thinking of them as a Disney production. I mean, they keep alternating with NBC and Columbia TriStar that I keep thinking it must be a joint venture between the two or something.

The Muppets are my heroes…

I’ll be watching The Muppets for two reasons: childhood feelings, and the Toy Story short film that will come attached to this film.

I’m excited! It won’t be a masterpiece, but there’s something about The Muppets that I love. I just love them! And it’s too good to be true that they’ll have a movie out that I’ll be old enough to remember seeing in theaters! I can’t wait. I will drag my friends there if I have to.

My English teacher is apparently dying to see this movie. 8D

I like The Muppets. It is a bonus with the second Toy Story short.

I’m a big fan, too. Having a Toy Story short with it is a special treat! I can’t wait to see this.

Wocka, Wocka! The trailer’s finally here!
[url]- YouTube

Does anyone know anything about the plot for the second toy story short?

I have high hopes for this, but the last true Muppet film in my book is still “A Muppet Christmas Carol,” directed by Jim’s son Brian shortly after Jim’s death. The last few under Disney’s direction have lacked some of the heart that the old ones had. :neutral_face: