The Princess and the Frog

I like the movie. Saw it a few weeks ago on TV.
I was surprised how much it meant to me since then. The old Disney-feeling came back to me, I may have cried, but my sister was watching it with me so I don’t wanted to. But the old magic of Disney was near to me during the movie - that felt SO DAMN GOOD!

I’m happy you enjoyed it :slight_smile:

I enjoyed your guys’ posts and that you liked this film! I adore it, I still watch it every now and then. I was excited to see it ever since I heard it was to come out, and on opening night I saw it with a large group of my friends. And then 6 months later, I went to New Orleans for a Mission Trip.

Such good memories of such a magical movie.

I love this movie. I especially like Dr. Facilier.

Oh yeah, he is one of my favorite villains.

I liked him. He had Keith David’s voice, and he has the best song in the movie IMO. also love Charlotte.

To be honest, the first time I saw this, I thought it would be a little bit better, (something I usually think when I watch movies by myself!) After that, though, I thought it was fun to look at and most of the characters were pretty pleasant! I sort of expected to fit in with the Renaissance films at first, but now I think it’s “mind” fits better with the newer Disney films. It looks totally different than the current CG Disney films, but has a similar feel in the journey and the characters’ thought processes if that makes sense (in a way)… The differences that confused me at first, I now quite like.

I know what you mean. I was SO excited for this movie! I thought it was Disney’s come back. So when I saw it, I was like “Really? That…that’s it? That’s the new traditionally animated Disney movie. This is the return.” I assumed it would be the Little Mermaid basically, and bring Disney back into modern culture. This happens to me a lot, especially with animated films. I expect certain things based on perceptions or what others say. For the same reason I was sorely disappointed by this movie though, I was thrilled with Tangled and Brave! I felt cold and sort of betrayed by this movie(yeah I’m sure that sounds like over reacting and it doesn’t make sense, but I was really under whelmed) and thought Tangled would be the exact same, and stopped anticipating Tangled. But when I saw Tangled, I was amazed. By everything. I was also impressed with Brave, going in with very low expectations. Now I see Tangled as Disney’s “return” or “third coming”, and PatF as The Black Cauldron, an underwhelming box office performance, ultimately causing Disney to do a 360.

Sorry if that was off topic. I still stand by Dr. Facilier and Charlotte though, they’re my favorite characters in this movie and they both seem pretty over looked to me.

I get where you’re coming from. It’s my least favorite Disney film from the Robinsons to Ralph era, but I do enjoy it.

Yes, both Dr. Facilier and Charlotte are great! I like the characters in general. Sometimes they feel like Disney “imitation” characters, but they do get to stand out on their own a lot.

You sound like you have the same sentiments as I do. I have mellowed out, and do like this movie more now. But I doubt I’ll ever love it like the others since 2007 or praise it as the return of Disney regardless.

Anyone else feel awkward when Ray the firefly dies at the end?

Awkward? I cried my eyes out, man! xP And my dad was like “It’s just a firefly!” and I was like “NO YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND”

…I should see this movie again. Kinda wanna see the Dutch dub! I heard one of the songs on YouTube and the voices are great.

I wasn’t really sad, but I didn’t feel very attached to that character. So I guess I felt a little uncomfortable.

I mostly liked him because it was Jim Cummings’ voice. That guy is great, especially for his work on Pooh and Tigger. Ray didn’t really bother me and I kind of liked his songs. I thought he was a cute character, especially because of the whole Evangeline situation.

It’s true, he is a great voice actor!

Yes! Jim Cummings does a great job as Ray.

Oh man, I think that Ray’s death was incredibly heart wrenching.

I thought the last bit with him [spoil]as a star with Evangeline[/spoil] was extremely good, like Pixar-clever! And I do love this more more now. Either almost or as much as the other recent ones.

^That part, as well as Friends on the Other Side might be my favorite scene!

I can’t believe this film just had it’s 4 year anniversary.

It seems like yesterday I saw it in theatres. Them releacing the concept art for “Maddy” in “The Frog Princess” doesn’t seem like that long ago either.